Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, I'm a bit confused about this house of SD's that Barry is paying rent for. Sometimes it reads (to me) like Barry is paying rent to someone on behalf of SD, and sometimes it reads like Barry has been paying rent to SD. Could somebody please explain? TIA
Does it make a difference if he pays the landlord or he pays SD and she pays the landlord? I doubt the landlord cares as long as he/she gets the rent each month and I am assuming the lease is not in Barry's name.

I daresay BM may have had easy access to nearby garages as well.

JMO
My suspicions exactly!
Out of town/state owners of short or long term rentals or neighbors/friends known to be out of town Mother’s Day weekend ?
I have key code access to my clients homes and know their schedules well, what vehicles they own and much more
I imagine BM’s winter plowing and landscaping (rock rearranging) gave him access
Say an old jeep?

Does it make a difference if he pays the landlord or he pays SD and she pays the landlord? I doubt the landlord cares as long as he/she gets the rent each month and I am assuming the lease is not in Barry's name.
It matters from a liability standpoint (where insurance is concerned)....only the tenant who leases or legally subleases can insure the location for liability....including fire legal liability. Gotta have an insurable interest. Property owners and managers should know this stuff.

The question still remains as to why BM is paying rent for a property he is not living in.
It makes zero sense to me :confused:. I would understand if say a very close family member on hard times was living there, or even to give an adult child a helping hand.

I dont personally believe SD is *just a friend* but that's the narrative being presented.

Not buying whats being sold here.

I'm re-reading the AA again.

The day of (approx p. 70ff of the AA)

Barry confirms that Suzanne was sunning in her bikini when he arrived home the first time (for veggie soup allegedly). Curiously he couldn't recall if she was sunbathing or in her bikini when he returned the second time, after the hard-to-remember mechanical thing.

Barry texted Suzanne that he was on his way home and his phone was in normal mode for his approach. He made no attempt to hide that from Suzanne, had she been tracking him in real time.

Barry per LL pulled all the way into the garage, leaving the truck door open. And didn't put his phone into airplane mode for 3 minutes, IM0 that's how long it took him to determine that she was no longer outside.

I think Barry was aware that Suzanne planned to bike that afternoon, hence his text about her leaving. He wanted to catch her at home IMO.

So.... if Suzanne and JL finished communicating early in to'clock hour, what did Suzanne do next, that prevented her ostensibly from seeing Barry's texts or hearing calls and hearing his truck and the garage door? I submit she took a shower. I further submit that Barry barreled through
the door and what happened next, happened fast and caught Suzanne entirely unaware.

JMO

Interesting idea about SM being in the shower....with the brown towel?

That three minutes BM was in the garage could also be how long it took him to prep a tranquilizer dart.

Does SD come under the heading of a "cute Salida girl", do you think? And when Barry set eyes on her, he thought "Yes! There she is, my woman!"

BM's life since May, 2020 has been a series of downgrades. Home, status, partners. He's gone from steaks to "free hot dogs" and restraining orders; herds of elk and mountain lions and legions of tranquilized chipmunks to whatever lurks in the walls of his new digs. How much longer before he doesn't have a fancy Bobcat to do "mechanical thingies" to but a weed whacker that plugs into the wall?

It will be interesting to see if he and SD can manage to control themselves between now and the trial, especially if SM can be found by then. He was already combustible; the two of them seem like a double dose of messy.

The question still remains as to why BM is paying rent for a property he is not living in.

Great question too.
I have no answer :(
But, I'd take 3 guesses

1) Control, Barry appears to enjoy controlling events, narratives, the people in his life either by money or menace or both (imo)

2) Maybe a 'buying' her silence move, a keep your friends close but enemies closer kind of scenario - unlikely though.

3) This is how he woos (love that word and never get chance to say it IRL) prospective new love interests/future spouses - makes them feel they can depend on him until they depend on him for everything cos he takes away all choice, freedom, identity and autonomy. (Imo)

Really, all 3 guesses circle back round to control

all moo

After studying the AA for a solid week, the Bobcat. There's enough space between the houses at Puma Path that it's unlikely anyone would have heard it in the middle of the night. The trees would dampen the sound once he started up. That trail looks to be an ATV trail, meaning Barry had probably spent a lot of time hunting up there so he knew his way around. In the AA, when he's asked specifically about mines on the mountain south the house he doesn't want to mention the other mine. He says the top one sealed with a boulder and you can actually see that on Google Maps satellite view. When he reluctantly mentions the other he says it's "blown up". (pg 83 of 129) You can't see the lower mine via satellite and I don't trust a word Barry says. So until somebody can get eyes on it, that's my #1 pick for where she is and why there is a bare foot print in the Bobcat bucket.

View attachment 317970

Barry moves boulders with that Bobcat for a living and the steep terrain would not be hard for someone considered pretty good at moving crap around with it. (pg 51 of 129)

View attachment 317972
I agree, @sk716. I wanted to believe it was an ATV for a long time with a big cooler on board containing SM’s body. I just thought it was more maneuverable than a Bobcat going up the steep grades. Then, I came to the same conclusion as you because you need the Bobcat for digging in that rocky terrain and moving boulders from the front of mines. The body could still be carried in a cooler in the bucket of the Bobcat and BM could step on it in his bare feet to push her out.
Several friends have said he could “do anything” with a Bobcat.

Great question too.
I have no answer :(
But, I'd take 3 guesses

1) Control, Barry appears to enjoy controlling events, narratives, the people in his life either by money or menace or both (imo)

2) Maybe a 'buying' her silence move, a keep your friends close but enemies closer kind of scenario - unlikely though.

3) This is how he woos (love that word and never get chance to say it IRL) prospective new love interests/future spouses - makes them feel they can depend on him until they depend on him for everything cos he takes away all choice, freedom, identity and autonomy. (Imo)

Really, all 3 guesses circle back round to control

all moo
Agreed with all as a possible motive, but still…I assume that SD would’ve been paying for her own rent for this long. AFAIK, she wasn’t just recently divorced, or suddenly out of a job. In fact, I thought she was on VA disability.
Correct me if I’m wrong.
All JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members