Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #85

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting idea about SM being in the shower....with the brown towel?

That three minutes BM was in the garage could also be how long it took him to prep a tranquilizer dart.

I think she wrapped herself in the towel on her way inside... before Barry got home.

I also think he prepared the dart earlier.... veggie soup time frame... but realized he needed to deal with the trail cams because deer don't drop instantly.

I have to wonder if Suzanne wasn't inside his scope prior to the Bobcat repair (an appointment he couldn't NOT keep -- which means IMO it's altogether significant). So Barry stood down, left for Salida and returned, loaded for bear.

JMO

Agreed with all as a possible motive, but still…I assume that SD would’ve been paying for her own rent for this long. AFAIK, she wasn’t just recently divorced, or suddenly out of a job. In fact, I thought she was on VA disability.
Correct me if I’m wrong.
All JMO
Based on SD's most recent court hearings, we know that her VA disability income is $1,800/mo. IMO, her living conditions in a 4plex until December 2020 (when she allegedly vacated), were pretty modest until she upgraded to the house on Poncha Springs Blvd. Based on the local classifieds -- I'd say the cost of her new lifestyle almost tripled!

Real Estate for Rent

If SD had a gentleman caller at her former apartment, someone also living there might be in a really good position to have a credible tip for LE. And might explain what we're seeing now.

JMO

Still wondering whether a Bobcat SIM card can be swapped with another?

Were there other Bobcats at the beach?

You know what might sound like construction equipment? A diesel engine, idling. Lights off, it might be a challenge to borrow a SIM card in the dark, maybe no fast task. Are they interchangeable? Easy to access? Add that to my list of things I never had to Google, prior to this case.

Can't forget either -- Barry may have had access to a bigger digger all night....

Why rent, when you can "borrow"? Barrow.

For all we know, he barried his old blade.

JMO

Last edited:
Package Tracking?
.... testified by victim G ...:
....SD texted victim G that she was in possession of her FedEx package. It seemed victim G collected her package from SD without incident but when she later checked the tracking of her package, she found SD allegedly had the package for two days before notifying victim G.... :rolleyes:
@Seattle1 bbm sbm Thx for your post. Just jumping off w a bit of speculation. Seems package properly identified G by name but maybe not G's address, w'in 4plex?
Regardless, as several ppl posted in recent threads, tracking notices & delivery/attempted delivery notices online for FedEx, USPS, & UPS are notoriously inaccurate at times. Not saying that happened here, just a possibility.
But given what we've read & heard about SD, my $ (;)both my2ct;)) is on G's version of events, rather than inaccurate tracking for this package.

What a rebel! SD was involved in a DV incident in 2020. Did this include her x bf?

She's been told by the property manager of a 4plex that she can no longer come onto the property. How embarrassing! :eek:

SD took possession of a FedEx package that did not belong to her. Did she open it, see what was inside, then retape it closed? Does committing this activity twice, that we're aware of, make her a chronic porch pirate?

SD texted victim G after two days of getting the FedEx package to inform her and also offered free hot dogs and sausages. Why was SD giving away free hot dogs? o_O

How many other places in town will not allow SD onto the premises?
JMOO

BBM above

I also want to know why SD was giving away hot dogs and sausages!

Package Tracking?
@Seattle1 bbm sbm Thx for your post. Just jumping off w a bit of speculation. Seems package properly identified G by name but maybe not G's address, w'in 4plex?
Regardless, as several ppl posted in recent threads, tracking notices & delivery/attempted delivery notices online for FedEx, USPS, & UPS are notoriously inaccurate at times. Not saying that happened here, just a possibility.
But given what we've read & heard about SD, my $ (;)both my2ct;)) is on G's version of events, rather than inaccurate tracking for this package.

During her testimony, PG provided the court with a copy of her work appointments indicating that she would have been arriving home around 4 pm on the date of delivery.

It seemed to me that the package was properly delivered to PG's doorstep and SD simply collected the package from PG's door-step -- perhaps for safekeeping since it was products for her work.

I think the idea of this being a neighborly gesture was lost when PG realized that SD allegedly held the package for two days.

Also, nobody in court contested PG's account of the FedEx delivery.

MOO or recollection of the WebEx court hearing...

@boblo61 -- it doesn't follow that BM would pay rent on a property he owns. SD does not own the property located on Poncha Springs Blvd. According to court testimony on 10/18 at SD's hearing for an unrelated matter, SD moved to this rental house in December 2020 which is consistent with the MSM report below.

Barry Morphew seen out with new girlfriend for the first time since he was released on $500k bond | Daily Mail Online

According to the affidavit, cops were first tipped off about his new squeeze in December 2020 but were unable to catch them together so mounted a camera on a telegraph pole outside her home.

In early February, DailyMail.com witnessed Morphew visit the property on consecutive nights – staying until the following morning – but was unable to verify the identity of the occupant or their relationship with Morphew.

[..]

Darke has refused to speak about her relationship with Morphew, despite being repeatedly approached by DailyMail.com, and maintained a low profile during his stay in jail.

She also denied being in a relationship with him when confronted by the cops but later admitted to meeting him in October 2020.

But since his release, she has been a constant presence in his life and, on September 28, was arrested after being caught trespassing at the former Morphew home.

Barry Morphew attorneys to sue case investigators for false arrest, defamation

Legal papers sent this week allege prosecutors purposefully kept the identity of a sex offender tied to evidence in a Chaffee County killing from murder suspect Barry Morphew’s defense team.

The move comes after a lengthy evidence hearing led to a judge ruling Morphew should stand trial in the death of his wife, Suzanne Morphew, who was reported missing on Mother's Day, 2020. The attorneys allege alleges deputies and prosecutors withheld the identity of a person tied to DNA found on the glovebox of Suzanne Morphew’s Ranger Rover.

The documents contend law enforcement and prosecutors could face civil liability for defamation and false arrest under new Colorado laws that in some cases lift legal shields that protect police from lawsuits.

In the notice, Morphew listed 26 investigators he intends to sue in “both their individual and official capacities.” The list includes Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze, District Attorney Linda Stanley and agents from the FBI and Colorado Bureau of Investigation. The document contends police didn't chase the DNA lead and looks for other possible killers before focusing on Morphew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member