Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgive me as I may not have dates right but didn’t the coroner say 3/4 weeks before the autopsy, so that would make it the 22nd to the 29th. Isn’t this evidence that she was dead before the 30tt? MOO
No, I don't think it does. Mostly because he used 'about' and 'very,very roughly' when explaining the timeline.

The public doesn't have the evidence, which is exactly as it should be. I believe there is likely evidence at the murder site, in the van, potentially at other locations that have been searched by LE, etc. The absence of released evidence does not exonerate BL. He's the POI. He used GP's debit card and/or PIN. He ran off to Florida and then went into hiding or to off himself somewhere. So obviously until we learn anything more about this to show any other possible suspect, BL is the murderer JMO

per the indictment, BL "...used one or more unauthorized access devices, NAMELY, a capitol one bank debit card ending in 8774 AND a personal identification number for capitol one accounts ending in 0525 and 8665..."

moo, this indicates that the "devices" are both the debit card and PIN...

Read the documents: Brian Laundrie arrest warrant
That indicates to me that a debit card was used at an ATM to access/withdraw money from two accounts - likely checking and savings accounts. jmo

Except if the kid was a fugitive, like BL is, maybe they don't want to beg for him to be found because that means going to prison.
Yes. That’s was my point but maybe I wasn’t clear. Haha! IMO they don’t want anyone to find him.

Forgive me as I may not have dates right but didn’t the coroner say 3/4 weeks before the autopsy, so that would make it the 22nd to the 29th. Isn’t this evidence that she was dead before the 30tt? MOO
It certainly will be part of the evidence presented by the prosecution if it goes to trial. The entomologist will be important in explaining confidence in that time frame.

per the indictment, BL "...used one or more unauthorized access devices, NAMELY, a capitol one bank debit card ending in 8774 AND a personal identification number for capitol one accounts ending in 0525 and 8665..."

I think the "accounts" are a debit card and a credit card. The security number on the back of a credit card is only three digits.

jmo

His use of her credit card. Whether she is/was alive or dead, they could arrest him for that. I think they need some formal charge to get a warrant and to hold him if found, and that is the easiest option.
It isn’t a credit card, it is her debit card, so it accesses two accounts that contain her cash. Most likely checking and savings accounts. And the FBI does make it clear they believe that she was dead when this access happened. (The press release saying so has already been linked in a reply to you)

Forgive me as I may not have dates right but didn’t the coroner say 3/4 weeks before the autopsy, so that would make it the 22nd to the 29th. Isn’t this evidence that she was dead before the 30th? MOO
I would say yes. Anything after the 29th (during that week) would be 2 weeks x days. JMO.

Okay. I was just going by what her best friend Rose had said regarding her living in parents condo in Venice. That's why I searched for the property in Venice. I didn't know they owned another property here in North Port. Yes they sold it in March, 2021.

Yes it was a bit of a nightmare, to put it mildly.

- In The Sun's article at the weekend, Rose had not specified which condo. She didn't give an address but the Sun implied she had. Very sneaky headlines: 'New details about condo where Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito lived before their van life trip are revealed by friend'
- The Sun then used the Realtor photos from another condo in the area and implied that that this was THE condo that BL&GP had resided in. The Sun namechecked a PI. Sun/PI claimed that the bicycle & the woman in the photos were Brian's bike, the woman looked like Roberta
- Lots of us discussed the interior to try to find matches. Very difficult to do.
- A few people listed the * alternative* condo addresses which looked more likely( All the Laundrie condo addresses are public record)and compared them to Gabby's photos to match the interiors
- By Monday, a few other people decided that the idea that GP&BL had lived in a condo at any point was now false, Rose was unreliable etc
- By Monday morning, one of the 'protestors' went & did what the Sun & the Sun's PI should have done: knock on the door, check it out.
- warnings were made about The Sun & some MSM reporting re accuracy.

Agreed, and I don't know that he would keep that on him. I feel like I've read in an article somewhere that LE didn't find anything of GP's in the Laundries' home because I remember her mom making a statement along the lines of "where are her things?"

However, the arrest warrant didn't come until after their search. So either they got the proof they needed he used the card during the search of the home or they have video evidence. They wouldn't have filed that if they didn't have some proof that he used the card somewhere along the way.

I went back to try to find the original article regarding the gas station stop to see if it gave a date or name of the gas station. It appears the news station has taken the article down. Home | Williamson & Franklin County News That seems odd considering all the media surrounding this. So the story was never confirmed or denied and now it seems to have disappeared?

this was discussed at length yesterday and mods adviced that WFCN is not an approved site...i'm trying to link that post below...

oops, thread #68, post #1006

Then how did she end up dead and decomposing at Spread Creek after he left? They seem to have evidence that he killed her so he had to have killed her before he ran back home like the sniveling little coward he is. Jmo

we don't know. that's the whole reason we're here. The purpose of websleuths is to look for evidence and clues, not form a posse and troll our preferred suspect. The evidence we have to date does not prove that she was dead (or alive) when he left, nor does it prove he was involved directly in her death. If all of that already existed, the need for this forum would cease to exist.

That could indicate an ATM withdrawal where you have to use a PIN & a purchase where you can run the card as credit & you don’t have to use the PIN. JMO.

ETA: it was reported on a WFLA live stream by Walt that a source in his old market in Illinois said the FBI suspected he stopped at a gas station there & went in to request the surveillance footage. Idk if that’s part of it but very interesting.

We have no evidence, at this point that he killed her. It's the most likely scenario... but so far we have no evidence, he hasn't been charged, and he hasn't been named a suspect publicly.
The circumstantial evidence alone is enough to indict him, though. But there's no point in indicting him now, for the killing, since he is a fugitive on the first indictment and if found will be arrested by any LE agency. Once he is nailed, he'll be indicted for the killing. jmo

So now that the Carlton Reserve and Myakkahatchee Park are open...... we'll see private drones out there, 4 wheelers, hikers, etc. That reward money is enticing to some I am sure. A cold front is going thru this week and the weather has been beautiful. But.....it is still very wet out there. I did see the mosquito planes were out this week. Plus, hurricane season is not over.

FWC has choppers out frequently, there are mosquito choppers/planes, etc. It is possible they'll spot something at some point.

Florida Wildlife Commission = FWC
It’s getting fairly chilly at night. I run hot, and last night I went for a 2 mile walk in leggings and a sweatshirt and I was cold. And ughhh I wish they sprayed for mosquitos over here.

I really hate that the article is gone now, because I think it said there were maybe two purchases made at the gas station, which made me think a swipe at the gas pump and maybe a swipe inside the store. Now I don't remember if it was from the article or if I read that somewhere else.

If it was a cash withdrawal, he likely had to make multiple withdrawals, possibly at different ATMs since some ATMs limit the amount of money you can withdraw. I have no idea if it was a withdrawal, and now I'm doubting my own theory since a lot of cards have daily withdrawal limits anyway.

A suspicious character in any case! I believe from other photos I saw (that I am unable to post), he is wearing a mask below his chin, which may be what makes the jaw line appear sharp. MOO In any case, informing law enforcement of a guy off the beaten path, riding a bike with a giant backpack, wearing long sleeves in hot weather, and who is trying to avoid the camera... probably not a bad idea.
just flat out bizarre...jmo...on someone's private property....
heavy backpack
long pants, long sleeves, wearing a mask outdoors, thin tires in sugar sand....
old SMALL FRAME bike with an odd shaped seat
8:40 AM (sunrise was 7:27am, temp around 60 degrees)
Hard to tell if it is BL but would like to know the exact location of this video. There are a number of campgrounds in this area. Is the backpack full of food from a recent trip to a store close to this area?
IMO....Dunnellon - known in early 1800's for first known hard rock phosphate mining in Florida, remote tidewater areas in outskirts with approx. 2,000 population. Definitely remote in areas around Dunnellon.

Even SB has admitted as much, “It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise,”
So that means felony-murder is off the table? Apologies if I got it wrong but IIRC I think you may have said there wasn't enough evidence to rule it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla