Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/AJMMA_/status/1450515290824003588?s=20

OMG…..the lawyer must know where BL is, or at least that he is alive with giving such a flippant answer!!
When I heard that on the live stream I was like, “the audacity!!! Like is this some kinda joke to you?!” It had me on another level for a minute. This attorney should have never started talking like he has. He has confirmed so much that he didn’t have to - that LE wouldn’t even confirm - that IMO might end up potentially hurting BL’s case when he is found (hopefully alive). All JMO.

Can I Authorize Someone to Use My Debit Card?

If you want a friend or family member to pick something up at the store for you or to have access to money for some reason, you can give her your debit card and PIN so she can use the card. However, this could potentially be a big mistake if the person you gave the card to abuses your trust.

If you check your bank's debit card agreement, you will most likely find that it is a violation of the agreement to share your card or PIN with anyone. The bank may also reserve the right to cancel your account.

Can I Authorize Someone to Use My Debit Card? | Sapling

Can You Use Someone Else's Bank Card or Lend Yours?

Most issuers require you to make an effort to avoid unauthorized use of the card, which is the use of your debit or credit card without your permission. However, not all issuers treat the sharing of cards as unauthorized use. Some issuers outright prohibit anyone who isn't named on the card from using it.1 Others note that if you give someone else permission to use your card, it does not count as unauthorized use, but you will be liable for all charges they make.

Can You Use Somebody Else's Credit Card or Lend Yours Out?

Thank you! I think that for cards to have some of those symbols on the back (you know, the ones that tell you which ATM networks you can use), the bank has to follow federal interstate banking laws - which someone here said prohibit sharing your ATM card and PIN with anyone .

At any rate, I would think that the person using the card, who was then accused of misuse - like BL, would need to say how permission was given, and for what. If BL cleaned out the whole account, he would need to answer some questions and be convincing to get this charge to go away. If he used the card to buy gas while leaving Gabby on the ground (or somehow he missed seeing her when he packed up to leave - didn't even notice her boots?), then he will have to show permission for both use of her vehicle on a cross country trip (leaving her behind) and for the permission for each gas station.

Not like he's gonna show up and do any of that, of course.

And… cue my disgust for SB for today! This is why people (myself included) don’t like the Laundries. There’s been a homicide of a young girl. It’s not funny. Her life and sense of humor is gone forever. SB’s lack of tact and lack of situational awareness is gross to me. Since the parents have not distanced themselves from this man, I have to assume they approve of his public statements which, for the most part, is why I think poorly of them. JMO.
They really come off as heartless. I am not saying anything except that is the impression most people get from their behavior. Just my opinion.

There is zero evidence that a warrant for the Laundrie's finances exists. AFAIK.
They can do as they please, send as many melon rinds to the blue eyed boy as they wish and send him all their money.
MOO there is probably something bc they are hoping they will do something just like this. But, the Laundries undoubtedly know this is a real possibility and won't. MOO. We'd never have evidence of it. They'd never publicize this. It would render the warrant useless. MOO Speculation.

Last edited:
My thought is that they were getting a cashier's check to send a payment to the lawyer and maybe other documents like a contract, but who knows... IMO, JMO
They were in Walmart for a hot minute right? They could have done a cashier’s check in Walmart. There’s a full money center in there - where… now that I think about it… you can also send money relatively undetected (Walmart to Walmart or money gram) but that’s a whole other conversation but interesting nonetheless haha!

https://twitter.com/AJMMA_/status/1450515290824003588?s=20

OMG…..the lawyer must know where BL is, or at least that he is alive with giving such a flippant answer!![/QUOTE
He said “he’s not with you?”

My respect level is subterranean at this point.
Raise your hand if you think the Laundrie's lawyer makes the public perception of the Laundries even worse because of his flippant, joking comments. (both hands raised)

Gabby is dead and his client is on the run. Now is not the time to channel his inner child.

MOO.

ETA: I entirely messed up this edit and will spend the day laughing at myself.

Last edited:
IMO, this was not the case a month ago. MOO And, now, all of his clients face significant exposure. MOO

Well, that's what I meant. At some point, this became a federal fugitive case, which it wasn't at the beginning.

Can you weigh in on why you think all three of his clients face considerable exposure? According to the parents, BL left before he was charged with anything.

But if the lawyer does know where BL is, it could be because he's in direct touch with him, and not through the parents. Or, it could be through the parents, in which case, it seems like a conflict of interest to handle all three clients. In either situation (BL directly in contact with lawyer; BL only in contact with parents).

Personally I don't think BL is directly in contact with his lawyer or his parents...

it's possible that the area of the property directly adjacent to the street is in a public right-of-way...this is the case in many residential areas...moo

It’s also likely that the sign is not permitted on the public right of way regardless. Sign regulations are very persnickety in every town, and an illegally erected or placed sign probably has no protection from being removed or discarded by anyone.

The Florida environmental park where a silver Mustang -- like the one Brian Laundrieallegedly drove to get to a hiking spot the day he vanished -- was abandoned reopened to the public on Tuesday after a nearly month-long closure.

The Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, which borders one of the entrances to the Carlton Reserve, the sprawling 25,000-acre swamp that has been the focal point of investigators' search for Gabby Petito's now long-missing fiancé, had been taped off to assist local and federal law enforcement in their hunt for Laundrie.
upload_2021-10-19_15-37-37.jpeg

It's Been a Month Since Gabby Petito's Body Was Found -- So Where Is Brian Laundrie?

He said “he’s not with you?”

Oh, wow. I see why you all are reacting the way you are. Does the lawyer want everyone to think that he knows BL is alive and well? Is his need to be in the limelight and to tease media so strong that he gives that impression?

I guess "BL could be anywhere" is the lawyer's underlying stance - meaning that he doesn't know where his "client" is. I'm very curious what lawyers do in that situation...continue to run intereference is how it looks from this lawyer's antics.

There is zero evidence that a warrant for the Laundrie's finances exists. AFAIK.
They can do as they please, send as many melon rinds to the blue eyed boy as they wish and send him all their money.

I don't think people in the middle of this mess want to create a paper trail. There may not be a warrant out right now, but they can be pretty certain their activities will be the subject of future investigations. The idea, in the middle of this, that they would send cash to a person currently wanted for fraud is pretty out there. The idea that they would be smart enough to lawyer up at the first sign of trouble with the kid, and then turn around and do something that dumb? Don't think so.

I'm finding it hard to have any respect for a man willing to make fun

My respect level is subterranean at this point.

Gabby is dead and his client is on the run. Now is not the time to channel his inner child.

MOO.
Agree with all of this. And I would add that he is essentially the entire reason I feel animosity towards the parents at this point. I could be convinced of why they didn’t respond to Gabby’s parents (I would not agree, but I could see the argument for it) but I cannot accept that they chose this flippant mouth piece to represent them publicly. His statements are abhorrent to me when there’s a dead girl who used to live with these people. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle