Identified! CA - Redondo Beach, BlkFem UP3342, 20-40, at construction site, Aug'01 - Catherine Parker-Johnson

Our DNA was taken just yesterday and will be compared to the Wollacott DNA profile. We were told that since this is a one to one comparison it will be done right away. It was a very exciting day meeting with all the detectives. Today as we wait, I am filled with so many emotions.

Patricia Gentle is still missing. We heard back from the detectives today and our DNA is not a match to the body buried on Wollacott Street in Redondo Beach. No match anywhere in CODIS. Hopefully one day both the cases will be solved. Thank you all for your attention and kind words, your support really helped us get through this.

Patricia Gentle is still missing. We heard back from the detectives today and our DNA is not a match to the body buried on Wollacott Street in Redondo Beach. No match anywhere in CODIS. Hopefully one day both the cases will be solved. Thank you all for your attention and kind words, your support really helped us get through this.

i am so sorry for this disappointment.

I am so sorry you don't have answers. I hope you will get them.

@CousinKimi I can only imagine the roller coaster of emotions. My thoughts are with you.

You mention in your mother's thread that the detective took DNA for CODIS. Have any of the biologically related relatives like your aunt, or you and your sister, also done a commercial DNA test and uploaded the results to FTDNA or GED Match? So that you might be flagged against any your Mom if she comes up in family tree research related to unidentified deceased? It is a different system than CODIS.

Last edited:
@CousinKimi I can only imagine the roller coaster of emotions. My thoughts are with you.

You mention in your mother's thread that the detective took DNA for CODIS. Have any of the biologically related relatives like your aunt, or you and your sister, also done a commercial DNA test and uploaded the results to FTDNA or GED Match? So that you might be flagged against any your Mom if she comes up in family tree research related to unidentified deceased? It is a different system than CODIS.
My sister and I have on both and opted in. My Aunt did CODIS but unfortunately none of my surviving 3 Aunts have done a DNA test as of yet. My brother just took his DNA test with 23andMe so we will help him get his results uploaded as soon as they come in. Thank you for mentioning this as a lot of people are still unaware that this is available to them. I only recently learned of it myself.

I do think the style of bag would date the remains well. I have never read the bag she was found was defintely a garbage bag. If not, what kind of plastic bag was it?

I would also be very suspicious that either someone who owned the house or knew someone who owned the house buried her remains there. I mean the former house at that site. Why was the former house at that site torn down? Was it just so new condos could be built or was there some other reason?

I'm guessing whoever buried the remains there could well be deceased and that might be part of the reason the original house was sold. I wonder if they ever asked any neighbors who lived there(if there were any still from that time frame) if they remembered anything that might fit the time frame of the bag, if the bag could be dated fairly precisely?

Anyway, it should be interesting when this case gets solved through the DNA Doe Project. Genetic genealogy can solve almost all or all cold cases, given enough time to find matches.

Her admixture has been added to the DDP spreadsheet. Maybe her description on the thread name needs to be changed, she is actually African American. Are there any African American women reported missing from this area?

redondo.jpg

Wow, it's a little unusual for an African American person to be 100% African - usually there's at least a little something else. I know those estimates aren't always accurate and some African Americans are 100% African, but it makes me wonder if her ancestry might not be more recent African or Caribbean immigration.

This has happened a few times now, that the ethnicity estimates (made using bone structure etc) have been way off. I wonder how many times it's led to people not being ID'd when it could have been an easy ID.

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current NamUs exclusion list for this Jane Doe?
1 Missing Person Exclusion

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP76904Patricia Gentle
Date of Last ContactJanuary 01, 1973
StateCA
CountyLos Angeles

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors