Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand it either. Clients have to instruct their lawyers and I've never heard of one doing anything like this without client approval. He can't simply take it upon himself to release info without their say-so. If he did, and there were consequences, I'd imagine they could take proceedings against him.

I assume he's representing the parents in the statement around the protestors at the home.

I think he’s alive. He’d have to really hate his parents to off himself in a manner that would ensure his body would never be found, thus leaving them to always wonder if he’s dead or alive. What would be the point? Instead, he’s in hiding and leaving investigators to think he may be deceased.

It's hard to say without knowing much about his personality. I don't think he necessarily committed suicide but if he tried to hike the Appalachian trail, by all accounts, it's a very difficult journey. Maybe he died due to the elements. Otherwise, where could he be hiding? I wonder... empty cabin?

What is the consensus on the recent alleged "sighting" of BL on a bicycle in Dunnellon?

Has it been determined yet that it wasn't him?

Do any of you think BL is still alive? Personally I've been leaning towards him being deceased due to the elements.

Sorry, just trying to catch up now. This thread moves fast!
My take is that I rarely get excited about "sightings" unless the pics are super clear, as was the case with Tad Cummins/Elizabeth Thomas a few years ago. IIRC, they were spotted on camera in Walmart.
But I have been wondering about his bicycle all along, due to reports that he was biking with his Mom, and I will look for that link in a bit. What if he went biking instead of hiking? I can take the front tire off my bike and stash it in my car.
I am still 90/10 on BL being alive. There are SO many places he could be.
The thing is, life on the run is no fun, although I am sure jail is worse. He'll turn up. It might take a few more weeks. JMHO

ETA Link: Bounty hunter says Laundrie hid in FL campground 75 miles from parents' home (fox13now.com)
"Charlene Guthrie, who lives directly across the street from the Laundrie family, told Fox News she saw Brian Laundrie mowing the lawn, riding his bike with his mother and appearing to go camping with his parents in the days after he arrived alone."

Last edited:
Long ago, I was a witness (FBI case). One home visit, my assigned agent arrived with an IRS agent for a "meet and greet" he said. The IRS agent told me they looked into my finances bc the government wanted no surprises at trial. My agent said they knew more about me than I knew about myself at that point. Maybe as a thank you, the IRS audited me for the next 7 years.

Wow-that is some kind of “thank you”! Might make a person not want to be a “witness”-for the Feds?

Yes. People go to the bank. That's why there are bank branches all over, full of customers and employees. There is nothing abnormal about it.

We do not know, nor has anyone claimed, that they walked out with "bunches of cash." For all we know, they deposited cash.

Bank branches have been closing like crazy because of the move to digital. Cash can be deposited at a drive up window, no need to go inside. Going inside is a red flag. jmo

3 Major Banks Plan More Branch Closings As Thousands Shutter—In U.S. And U.K.—Amid Covid, Digital Growth

I agree. I remember someone saying her dad ordered food to be delivered to where she was and that they spoke on the phone. I'm not sure if that was the night they had to stay apart from one another or if that was during the time BL flew back to supposedly empty out the storage locker. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information about either of those events. Where she stayed, where she went (while he was in FL did she sit in the hotel all day by herself), etc. IMO.
I believe JP ordered a pizza for Gabby after the police stop.
IIRC, Gabby was in the hotel in SLC when JP sent her a pizza and BL was back in Florida cleaning out a storage unit.
Or something.
jmho

The errands almost remind me of what someone would do before going out of town on a road trip. Bank, perhaps pick up a new car cell phone charger from AT&T, get necessities from walmart, etc. Or they could be getting back to their previous schedule before all of this happened and the various stops were just the L's Tuesday errands. IMO.
It may just be that they dread leaving home so much that they're stocking up so they won't have to leave again for a while. Prepping-light if you will... MOO

If he is, I think he is holed up somewhere with shelter and not hiking.

JMO.

I do too. All it would take is for the L's to have come across a remote property when searching for a property to flip that, for whatever reason, they do not estimate anyone purchasing anytime soon. BL could stay there and even move between other similar properties they have found. I have seen major fixer uppers in remote areas that sit on the market for years. Some were historic properties that by law couldn't be demolished and no one wanted to buy because they would be bound by an agreement to restore and maintain it. I think he is in a house somewhere watching himself on the news while laughing at how he has outsmarted everyone so far. IMO.

So BL's parents are being tortured all while they have no idea if their son is alive or not. Funny how that works. BL needs to end his parents torture. BL come out, come out where ever you are.
And yet… we’re supposed to feel sympathy for them but they wouldn’t say a word to Gabby’s parents when they were looking for her and didn’t know where she was. By their own definition were they contributing to the Petitos’ torture?
Karma’s a ….
JMO.

MOO
I think Brian's guilty as heck, but I don't know that the micro-whatevers and body language reading is telling to what someone is really thinking, saying, etc. and it could be harmful to think so. (Or if it could be brought up in Brian's trial if there is one.)

(I say this because of my own personal experience and from working in the mental health field for 25 years.)

I'm not sure how the courts would look at this in Brian's case or other cases. Experts and average Joes don't consider how much mental health issues affect body language and facial expressions. And lie detectors. And handwriting.

Maybe in Brian's possible trial, experts might show that mental health conditions, or even a momentary mood, throw all that stuff out the window.
I had a girl friend who used to do that smirk when she really upset me. It seemed like an expression of satisfaction or accomplishment. She never apologized for anything she did. There are many details that I'll omit, but I now believe she was getting revenge on "men" through me.
I agree that this kind of information probably is of little value in court.

It's hard to say without knowing much about his personality. I don't think he necessarily committed suicide but if he tried to hike the Appalachian trail, by all accounts, it's a very difficult journey. Maybe he died due to the elements. Otherwise, where could he be hiding? I wonder... empty cabin?
Witness protection? MOO.

I agree. I remember someone saying her dad ordered food to be delivered to where she was and that they spoke on the phone. I'm not sure if that was the night they had to stay apart from one another or if that was during the time BL flew back to supposedly empty out the storage locker. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information about either of those events. Where she stayed, where she went (while he was in FL did she sit in the hotel all day by herself), etc. IMO.
August 21st is the night he ordered food for her.
While BL was allegedly back i Florida doing something about removals.

Remote empty cabin is a good choice. Somewhere off-grid. Do you recall when Tad Cummins kidnapped Elizabeth Thomas, and they were staying at a commune in California? They were eventually tipped in, but they were more recognizable due to their age difference. BL is likely alone, and blending in with guys his age.

I really want to know what is in the Fed Ex package and who it is going to. I'm sure that investigators know, though.
Investigators probably know exactly what they bought at Walmart, I bet they have a copy of the receipt. Bet they know where that FedEx was shipped to. Also bet they know what business they did at the AT&T store.
These people are being watched and tracked, as they should be. I bet they know it too.
MOO

My take is that I rarely get excited about "sightings" unless the pics are super clear, as was the case with Tad Cummins/Elizabeth Thomas a few years ago. IIRC, they were spotted on camera in Walmart.
But I have been wondering about his bicycle all along, due to reports that he was biking with his Mom, and I will look for that link in a bit. What if he went biking instead of hiking? I can take the front tire off my bike and stash it in my car.
I am still 90/10 on BL being alive. There are SO many places he could be.
The thing is, life on the run is no fun, although I am sure jail is worse. He'll turn up. It might take a few more weeks. JMHO
Yeah, it would be good to know if the neighbor could identify the bike BL was supposedly on while biking with his mom.

They are a little on the young side to be specifically walk in customers.
My dad is 85. Has never owned an ATM card. Has never used an ATM. Doesn't have a email or a computer. He does have AT&T for phone and internet for his smart tv.
He did learn how to text and how to use Google and YouTube on his JitterbugII.
He still writes checks to pay every bill ,and drives them to the post office and hands them to a live person.
He hasn't set foot in a "bank" since March 2020, but he has gone into the credit union, for cash.
It is a little odd, I agree. He refuses to comply with what society is trying to force on him.
Hee.
MOO

haha….love the post. Holy smokes does this thread go off on some tangents. The lack of any new information in days/weeks hasn't helped matters any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288