Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, the only time I ever buy that much bottled water at once is when I'm throwing a party or when I'm going on a road trip. And since it's probably not the former...

Legally, though, there's nothing preventing them from leaving town, is there?

YES, leaving town. I've been wondering why they don't just take off. I wonder if they are allowed to leave town.

One major thing that is really bothering me, especially after the jokey comment by the lawyer tonight, how can he act on the behalf of BL when BL is missing? Has BL signed over his rights to his parents, would this imply he/they knew he was going ‘missing’, I cannot understand how a lawyer can make statements on behalf of a client who can’t give his ‘ok’ to the lawyer. I’m baffled and I would be very very upset if this ever happened to me. Who the heck is he getting his ok from to speak for BL? Is it a way for the lawyer to perhaps show wrongful representation if it ever comes to court, anything said now can’t be used, he didn’t have adequate council etc etc. I just don’t understand what is happening with the lawyers tweets, has this ever happened before? MOO
Very good points.
The Laundrie lawyer seems quite open to speaking about this case.

Is it possible that the Laundrie's gave power of atty. to their lawyer -- on behalf of Brian ?
There are reasons for taking this action but we don't know if this has happened or not.
Thinking out loud about why the lawyer is making these statements.

Brian Laundrie's Parents Are 'Being Tortured' by Protesters, Attorney Says

"they have no idea whether their son is alive or not," Bertolino said.

About this statement made by Bertolino ; one would like to assume that he either knows this to be the full truth, or that he is speaking with confidence in what was divulged to him ?
Would this same lawyer be liable if it was found he was not entirely honest ?
Some lawyers are forthright and credible.
Others walk in a grey area depending on the case ; imo.

There's lawyer/client privilege as well, I assume ?
As in facts that Bertolini cannot reveal at the request of his clients ?
MOO.

Very good points.
The Laundrie lawyer seems quite open to speaking about this case.

Is it possible that the Laundrie's gave power of atty. to their lawyer -- on behalf of Brian ?
There are reasons for taking this action but we don't know if this has happened or not.
Thinking out loud about why the lawyer is making these statements.

Brian Laundrie's Parents Are 'Being Tortured' by Protesters, Attorney Says

"they have no idea whether their son is alive or not," Bertolino said.

About this statement made by Bertolino ; one would like to assume that he either knows this to be the full truth, or that he is speaking with confidence in what was divulged to him ?
Would this same lawyer be liable if it was found he was not entirely honest ?
Some lawyers are forthright and credible.
Others walk in a grey area depending on the case ; imo.

There's lawyer/client privilege as well, I assume ?
As in facts that Bertolini cannot reveal at the request of his clients ?
MOO.
Another point...can he even be liable for what he is saying on social media? After all...he is not in a court of law...

exactly, imo i don't think this is some kind of one size fits all type of situation...i live in a town with a popular less than 20k, and there are 10 physical bank branches here...plus a few credit unions...just in the comments in this thread, there seems to be a pretty wide range of variants on the bank issue...

Have to totally agree with you..definitely not a “one size fits all” answer. IMO, the Laundries visiting a bank isn’t suspicious. Again JMO.

There are banks being built faster than I can count in the small towns around me. Here, in southern Arkansas the only reason a person would NOT visit banks on a consistent basis would be direct deposit paychecks…visiting banks are just that common here.
In my small town of less than 500, there are 3 banks.

YES, leaving town. I've been wondering why they don't just take off. I wonder if they are allowed to leave town.

They're not suspects nor POI. They have not been legally implicated for any crime. My understanding is that they're free to go wherever they'd like at present. I'm hopeful our legal members here can further elaborate.

MOO.

There are a lot of banks around here, but I'm not sure anyone actually goes in them. Maybe there all there because we have a superannuated population here, and people are dying en masse, so their executors are lining up to settle accounts. Oh, and then there are the hundreds of thousands of COVID deaths. Presumably, that would account for a corresponding hundreds of thousands of executors having to show up at banks for paperwork.
I seem not to know people who use banks, and my executor hasn't assumed his/her duties just yet. So, this is just my perspective.
But now I feel I've gone off topic, but not exactly. It may say something about the Ls that they visit a physical bank to do business (whatever it is). And juxtaposed against the mission to Fedex, it does give pause for thought.
BBM Very loooooong pause, imo.

Facts: Laundries go to Walmart a lot , they went to Brian after he got back
Speculation 1: They can order things online but they decide to continue going to the store maybe to establish this is normal thing to do (going to walmart)
Speculation 2: They went to ATT store to change phone numbers after all the harassment/threats
Fact: they bought Aquifina bottled water and filter
246978744_200794578853182_3352215270095577999_n.jpg

Conclusion : I honestly don't see anything criminal about this trip or the things they bought. They aren't going to buy air filters for their house then run away and play hide n seek

why not return the new phone they bought BL since he isn't using it?

Parts of Florida reserve back open to public amid search for Brian Laundrie

It has been weeks since any firm new details emerged in the case as authorities search for Petito’s boyfriend.

For the first time in weeks, people were allowed to visit parts of the reserve as it appears the search for Laundrie in that area has come to an end. It’s the same part of the reserve where Brian Laundrie’s father, Chris, was seen assisting in the search with law enforcement.

However, the Laundries are still not answering reporters’ questions as the manhunt for their son approaches five weeks.

I just want to know, where is Brian, I find it almost impossible these days especially with all eyes looking for you, to stay hidden....I also don't understand what the long term plan is here, a young man of 23, is he planning on hiding the rest of his life? Does he think that this will eventually blow over and he can live a normal life, get married, have kids, change his name, get a new identity.....its all mind boggling!!
I asked the same things back a bit. Maybe he didn't think long term at the time. Now he has alluded authorities for over a month, time to replan. I think if his parents came out and asked him to give himself up, he would, if he was alive. Up to his parents now. Unless of course he is hulled up somewhere safe and enjoying life. MOO

The bank visit may of been personal also. I’ve gone to my bank for 30 years, the staff always asks me about my family or new car. I talk with them and it’s easy to be in there for 10 minutes. Now if I had business transactions it would take longer. I’m sure someone sympathized with them or tried to get some answers being this case is so public. The manager might of taken them into a separate room for privacy and handled their business. I can see being in there. The bottled water, well I’d stock up so I wouldn’t have to grocery shop again. <modsnip> I do think they are involved in hiding BL but today I think they just had to do regular business and get supplies for themselves. JMOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Another point...can he even be liable for what he is saying on social media? After all...he is not in a court of law...
He must have some liability, particularly if he provided assurances to LE that he knew for a fact that BL was at home after he disappeared.
He must have liability for his virtual presence at the Laundries' home when they filed the missing person complaint for their son, stating he had left on Tuesday when it was actually Monday.

There's only so far any lawyer can push his indemnity insurers before they break.

If you have allot of business transactions ( juice company) the bank wants you u to o go in or a night deposit.

Most businesses use payment processors and they only get a few transactions incoming. Most of small business transactions are purchases. (I’m an accountant for small businesses). The ones that get checks either bring them in during the day, or use mobile deposits. Same with depositing cash during the day (or they use the atm).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53