CA CA - Maya Millete, 39, missed daughter's birthday, Chula Vista, 7 Jan 2021 #4 *husband arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police arrest husband of Chula Vista mother who disappeared in January; body still missing

Authorities asked anyone who may have any information on the case, — maybe saw the Lexus on Jan. 8, or who knows the whereabouts of a missing .40-calibur gun — to call Chula Vista police at (619) 691-5151, or Crime Stoppers, which takes anonymous tips, at (888) 580-8477.

Timeline of Millete disappearance and investigation
  • Jan. 7 — Maya “May” Millete stops responding to family texts. According to her sister, Larry Millete said his wife locked herself in bedroom of their Paseo Los Gatos home after an argument
  • Jan. 9 — May Millete’s sister reports her missing
  • Jan. 13 — First volunteer search launched at Mount San Miguel Park, near the couple’s home
  • Jan. 23 — Search warrant served on Millete home
  • Feb. 5 — Chula Vista police hold a news conference calling for help from the public
  • April 1 — Search warrant served on home of one of Larry Millete’s relatives
  • May 7 — Second search warrant served on Millete home; gun violence restraining order issued against Larry Millete
  • July 1 — Third search warrant served on Millete home
  • July 22 — Larry Millete named as “person of interest” in his wife’s disappearance
  • Oct. 19 — Larry Millete arrested on suspicion of murder

Whoever has that gun LE is still looking for better turn that gun in now. Save yourself, the heck with LM. Whoever has been holding quiet out of loyalty or fear needs to come forward now. Yes, even family members, but that's JMO and MOO. ;)

I agree! I’m thinking of his uncle who needed to pick up that freezer in a hurry…IMO

Sister of Maya Millete, Maricris, speaks out after arrest of Larry Millete -

SAN DIEGO (KUSI) – Maricris Drouaillet, Maya Millete’s sister, spoke at the press conference held by the Chula Vista Police Department and District Attorney Summer Stephan, barely holding back tears.

Both Maricris Drouaillet, sister, and brother-in-law, Richard Drouaillet, joined KUSI’s Ginger Jeffries on Good Evening San Diego after the press conference to discuss how she and her family are doing.

News video at link

ETA: from the video -- Maricris provided that the children are with Larry's parents who have lived with them for most of their lives.
So the children are with Larry's parents and not with Maya's family as was stated earlier today?

Can Maya's family get to see the children now that Larry is in jail and charged? What's the procedure?
Those poor children have been so traumatized by all this, lied to by their father etc.....they need serious professional support and counseling.

Someone might have seen this Lexus on Jan. 8th, 2021.
MAYLANI PLATES ON MAYA' LEXUS smaller 50.jpg
Lexus with vanity plates "MAYLANI"

Feb. 5th Post - I had to go way back to find the news video that showed the vehicles in front of the home. I had commented in a prior post about the vanity plates on what I thought might be LM's vehicle.
At the 01:43 minute mark in the video, I see a vehicle, turned out to be a Toyota, with a license plate that spells out "Millete". I think this turned out to be LM's.

Maya's Lexus at 01:33 minute mark with the vanity plates "MAYLANI". This is the vehicle LM backed up to the garage and took a long all day trip in. Someone may have seen him in the area that he possibly stopped. LE needs to show pics of the vehicle with the plates because many people don't know one car from another by name.

Updated: 5:09 AM PST January 15, 2021
Family and friends hold vigil for missing Chula Vista mother | cbs8.com (watch video at 01:33 minute mark)

Please tell me the children weren’t home when this happened….? He has put them through hell

amateur opinion and speculation

the article i read said that the neighbor's security camera picked up sound as well as video, and nine loud bangs were heard - cannot be confirmed as a gunshot but i gathered by the language that it is sort of suspected to be. then 30 minutes later, the kids are heard playing outside...

“I am giving this information so the public understands we do not have a vicinity for where the body may be,” District Attorney Stephan continued. “It may be out two and a half hours, or may further, or closer. And that’s why we need the public’s help.”

Maya Millete case: What led to arrest of Larry Millete

Last edited:
So the children are with Larry's parents and not with Maya's family as was stated earlier today?

Can Maya's family get to see the children now that Larry is in jail and charged? What's the procedure?
Those poor children have been so traumatized by all this, lied to by their father etc.....they need serious professional support and counseling.

I never read elsewhere that the children were with Maya's family except here but the post had no link.

In the KUSI linked interview-- Maricris explains the situation with the children living with Larry's parents.

LM was finally served so Maya's parents were in the process of seeking visitation of the children and not sure if/how the court hearing(s) will continue.

We know that LM has had a family law attorney and most likely formally named his parents as the legal guardians of the children in the event of his arrest or demise.

They're playing a clip of Maya singing and playing her guitar on the Live local news. I get tears in my eyes every single time. Oh Maya, I'm so sorry. You had so much light to give to this world. We are all here for Justice for you and your family.

Larry Millete, Husband of Missing Chula Vista Woman ‘Maya’, Arrested – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

animated-bird-image-0361.gif
PRAYERS TO FIND MAYA. We still need to find her. Maricris and Richard in the Press Conference pleaded and told how important it is to bring Maya home for her children to know the truth-- she did not abandon them.

Help Find Maya | Facebook

Is there a lawyer on this thread?
What happens now with the children if LM named his parents as guardians? Will May's family be allowed to meet them?
Can LE now talk to them if the grandparents (LM side) refuse to give access to them?

Also, I really hope another 2 arrests are coming for obstruction of justice, hiding remains...MOO

I have a 5 year old and I think she'd remember that day 9 months ago if something big like this happened. It is a long time for a little child. His sisters will remember I'm sure but how much their memories have been altered from 9 months of brainwashing I wonder.

I don't think LM will talk, he's a narcissist who will keep reciting his version of how HE WAS HURT in all of this. JMO

Great questions!! I would like to know as well. Those poor babies. :(

They're playing a clip of Maya singing and playing her guitar on the Live local news. I get tears in my eyes every single time. Oh Maya, I'm so sorry. You had so much light to give to this world. We are all here for Justice for you and your family.

Larry Millete, Husband of Missing Chula Vista Woman ‘Maya’, Arrested – NBC 7 San Diego (nbcsandiego.com)

animated-bird-image-0361.gif
PRAYERS TO FIND MAYA. We still need to find her. Maricris and Richard in the Press Conference pleaded and told how important it is to bring Maya home for her children to know the truth-- she did not abandon them.

Help Find Maya | Facebook
Yes, she was so beautiful. It hurt so bad to hear the words “murder” come from the chief of police, although we all knew that she was…I can’t imagine what the family felt in that moment. Heart crushing. Maya must be found for this family.

First segment is the presser and both of Larry's interviews. It was interesting to re-listen to those now that he's busted.

He also shows, on Google Earth, the approximate 150 mile radius that they might find Maya in, based on Larry's GPS info from Jan 8. I always appreciate having a visual.

Some questions on the thread answered in this article :

Maya Millete's 'murderer' husband 'hired SPELL CASTERS for accident'

FBI agent is seen outside the garage of the Milette house. Larry was alone when he was arrested on Tuesday morning; their three children are safe and well….

49396779-10109143-Chula_Vista_police_were_still_combing_the_scene_on_Tuesday_night-a-50_1634702377094.jpg

Chula Vista police were still combing the scene on Tuesday night, having arrested Larry at 11am that morning…
Larry has been charged with one count of murder, on or around January 7, and one count of possession of an illegal weapon…
Larry could face the death penalty if convicted, the DA said on Tuesday afternoon….

Larry was being held on Tuesday night without bail, as the FBI team combed his home

Can’t wait for the mugshot.
The way they said “murder” at the presser
not -alleged murder- was (shocking & sad for the family I’m sure but) to the point! Gotcha Larry!
Larry is a talker and if anyone helped, heard, knows anything ..best to spill now per this DA

MOO

Just catching up. Spellcaster? Lord have mercy. There was indeed a lot more to that "alter" as many of you thought.

Watching Maricris on the presser was indeed heartbreaking. Not only is she grieving for her sister, but grieving that someone they had embraced in to their family for over 20 years (LM) had become so evil.

I had someone tell me once there is a thin line between good and evil, and that everyone has the capability for both. I guess this case illustrates that point.
What a sad, sad case. A young couple that seemingly had it all.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I very much hope that they are able to locate her body. It clearly means so much to her family to know she is home with them. I would hope it happens soon so that they can find peace because I don’t see them stopping their search until she is found. Thinking of her family today.

Can’t wait for the mugshot.
The way they said “murder” at the presser
not -alleged murder- was (shocking & sad for the family I’m sure but) to the point! Gotcha Larry!
Larry is a talker and if anyone helped, heard, knows anything ..best to spill now per this DA

MOO

Yes, our DA is VERY careful about agreeing to charge someone. I have been hoping they would finally have enough for her to feel secure in getting a conviction, sounds like they finally do. Seeing that picture a few comments up of him being taken in.... I cried all the way home from work yesterday listening to the press briefing. Blessings to that family. I sincerely hope the children are able to be reunited with May's family very soon, and maybe permanently.... just because LM's parents have always been there, doesn't mean they are the best option to raise the children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288