Still Missing TX - Cecilia Huerta Gallegos, 30, mother of 4, San Antonio, 7 July 2019 *Arrest*

Since I will be gone from 9/22 to 9/23 - I am posting this earlier. I will be back on 9/24 Friday morning to catch up with any updates.

Wednesday, Sept. 22nd:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ am CT) – TX – Cecilia Huerta Gallegos (30) (missing July 7, 2019, San Antonio, not found) - *Reyes Huerta Gallegos (36) arrest & charged (8/24/21) with murder.
Previous charges: 1/13/20: Assault with bodily injury was dismissed as a material witness was missing. Plead guilty to filing a false police report & was sentenced to 6 months on the false report, but it only shows a credit for time served of 132 days - just over 4 months.
8/24/21 Update: Reyes Gallegos was arrested without incident during a traffic stop on the city’s West Side, Officer Alisia Pruneda on Tuesday. Gallegos repeatedly told reporters that he was innocent & that his children “know what the truth is” as he was transported from Public Safety Headquarters to the Magistrate’s Office, where he will be formally charged with murder. 8/24/21: Warrant issued. Bond set at $250K. Pretrial hearing on 9/22/21.

Hey @MsMarple - just wondering if there might be an update for the next court date hearing?

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

On the "prose" above - could it mean this:

What is a legal prose?

"Pro Se" is Latin for "For Self" or in one's own behalf. You appear "Pro Se" in a legal action when you represent yourself directly in a legal action (in or out of court) and do not have an attorney speaking or writing for you.

Okay so I think it just means that LE has provided the court with all the case information that they have:

A law enforcement agency filing a case with the attorney representing the state shall submit to the attorney representing the state a written statement by an agency employee with knowledge of the case acknowledging that all documents, items, and information in the possession of the agency that are required to be disclosed to the defendant in the case under Article 39.14 have been disclosed to the attorney representing the state.
https://casetext.com/statute/texas-codes/code-of-criminal-procedure/title-1-code-of-criminal-procedure/chapter-2-general-duties-of-officers/article-21397-duties-of-law-enforcement-agency-filing-case

@MsMarple - anything new for court dates? TIA! :)

Case #089653 Events 00020
REYES HUERTA GALLEGOS
10/25/2021 LTR RCVD FRM DEF PROSE

I think that means all the information needed about the case from the defense to the state has been acknowledged as received. I'm not clear on whether the reverse has happened or still has to happen but hopefully a trial date can be scheduled soon.

S.A. man charged in wife’s death 3 years after she disappeared

Nov. 19, 2021
A San Antonio man who pleaded guilty to filing a false police report after he told officers in 2019 that his wife was missing has been indicted on a murder charge, accused in her death.
[.....]
Reyes Huerta Gallegos was 34 when he called San Antonio police and reported his wife missing on July 8, 2019, saying they had argued about infidelity and that she cut his finger with a knife before leaving their house on foot, according to an arrest affidavit at the time.

Three days later, the woman’s siblings also filed a missing person report and told police that a home security camera captured her at the residence the day before her husband alerted authorities, according to a report.
[.....]
Court records indicate Gallegos was charged with assault with bodily injury, weeks before his wife’s disappearance. Those charges were dismissed in August 2020 because of a missing witness.

Gallegos pleaded guilty to filing a false police report regarding his wife’s disappearance in October 2020 and was sentenced to six months, with 132 days of credit for time served.
[.....]
In the murder indictment, Gallegos, now 37, is alleged to have caused Cecilia Gallegos’ death “by manner and means unknown to the grand jury.”

His case is being heard in the 144th District Court. If convicted, Gallegos faces up to life in prison.

The murder charge against Gallegos was among 265 felony indictments handed down by two Bexar County grand juries this week, the District Attorney’s Office said Friday.

@MsMarple - is Bexar County - part of the 144th District Court that I bolded for you? Maybe something "new" in the court site??
c0302.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back