Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIR there are 2 active investigations that may cause these bodycam videos to stay sealed - of course, the FBI Petito investigation, but also, the MOAB PD was investigating the stop as well. So I don’t expect any more info to be released about this police stop. IMO only
It would not surprise me if they are never released given that the park service is a Federal agency. I do however think it is interesting that both the moab officers footages have been released, even though the second one took some time

I feel certain that somewhere in the 70 threads discussing this case, someone has posted information about BL's driving record. Does he have a history of moving violations and/or speeding? I can't help wondering if BL drove too fast frequently and may have used speeding as a scare tactic when he didn't like something that GP said or did.

I feel certain that somewhere in the 70 threads discussing this case, someone has posted information about BL's driving record. Does he have a history of moving violations and/or speeding? I can't help wondering if BL drove too fast frequently and may have used speeding as a scare tactic when he didn't like something that GP said or did.
In my offline deep-ish dives, I haven't found any offenses at all, even minor, typical traffic ones. MOO.

I would really be interested in what some of you think might have been the argument that led to GP’s death.

Some suggestions I’ve seen include:
  • BL angry over GP apologizing for him at Merry Piglets
  • BL’s jealousy over GP’s time on her vlog, SM or friends
  • Money issues
  • Control over GP’s phone and/or van
  • BL’s fear that GP talked to her family about him
  • GP trying to break up with BL
What are some others?

I'm not sure I have my own theories, but I think it could be any one of these or a combination. He just seemed to be an impulsive, manipulative, controlling person. They had gone away before - why now?

Thanks - you should also see if you can grab a screen shot from the Bethunes video also.

AFAIR there are 2 active investigations that may cause these bodycam videos to stay sealed - of course, the FBI Petito investigation, but also, the MOAB PD was investigating the stop as well. So I don’t expect any more info to be released about this police stop. IMO only

Plus the contents of MOAB Melissa Hull's tape could damage the prosecution's case in event of a trial *

(* Judging from what Hull has said she discussed with Gabby- link upthread- & also based on GP's parents being reminded by their lawyer to minimise discussion of more details about their relationship with BL, GP's relationship w BL etc)

I'm not sure I have my own theories, but I think it could be any one of these or a combination. He just seemed to be an impulsive, manipulative, controlling person. They had gone away before - why now?
I am wondering whether the reality of living out of a van, did not meet the dream expectation. IDK, but how did they travel previously and for how long? I hate camping of any description and can bearly last 4 days nevermind 4 months!

I would really be interested in what some of you think might have been the argument that led to GP’s death.

Some suggestions I’ve seen include:
  • BL angry over GP apologizing for him at Merry Piglets
  • BL’s jealousy over GP’s time on her vlog, SM or friends
  • Money issues
  • Control over GP’s phone and/or van
  • BL’s fear that GP talked to her family about him
  • GP trying to break up with BL
What are some others?
I tend to believe that GP breaking up with him may have been the final catalyst and the last straw. GP had recently had the female officer tell her the relationship seemed toxic and that she should reassess her path in life. That may have really stuck with her.

Unfortunately, statistically a woman is most in danger when she attempts to leave such a relationship.

Multiple reporters have put in FOIA requests for it and all have been denied. I wonder if there could be another reason that Ranger Hulls video is one of 2 that they have not released yet. The male Ranger also had a body camera.

Two different agencies; Two different policies. One a local municipality; One Federal. One was in control of the stop which is being investigated; The other is not. One agency under media scrutiny; One agency not. One agency also has a double murder to solve; One agency does not. One agency had its Chief take a leave of absence; One agency did not. Plenty of reasons for why one agency released footage and the other didn't.

With what BL did after he got back to FL, hard to say what his thinking was. Memorial, trophy, no reason at all, may never know. MOO
We really can't determine if BL put them on, or GP, before she died. I wish we could see what all the new stickers said. Might give insight into who bought and applied them. Jmo.

With what BL did after he got back to FL, hard to say what his thinking was. Memorial, trophy, no reason at all, may never know. MOO

Memorial or trophy? Guess that would be whether or not BL loved GP but did something heinous for reasons yet unknown, or whether he's a serial killer leaving a trail of bodies behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho