Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Acc
JM was released from prison the same morning as Leah disappeared.

He was due to report to a Probation Office in Buckinghamshire that morning at 9.00. There are several Probation Offices in the Buckinghamshire area but it doesn't state which one he was reporting to.

Interestingly there are two Probation Office's in Milton Keynes.

One of them is listed as being at 1 Haddon, which is just off Watling Street.

If you are coming from the direction of Aylesbury and heading to Haddon then you would almost certainly drive up Watling Street.

Watling Street runs past the north side of Furzton Lake, near to the Premier Inn.

On the morning of the 15 February 2019, Leah's phone left the network at 8.34 am - on the north side of Furzton Lake, near to the Premier Inn.

It would be extremely interesting to know exactly what Probation Office JM reported to that morning.

This is the review of the JM case, the part about him reporting to a Probation Office is on Page 4, Item 17.

Review into the case of Joseph McCann
According to this article Joseph was a traveller so would probably not have stayed in one place

Serial rapist was one of UK's first ASBO yobs who terrorised neighbours

Quote: Undettered, the feckless brood then moved to Aylesbury, Bucks, and Middlesex where they linked up with their traveller relatives.

I have so far found a travellers site in Eaton Bray which is near the previously mentioned road called 'The Rye'

Government pays £73,000 to improve traveller site

Last edited:
Here is the distance between the previously mentioned road in Eaton Bray and the travellers camp.
upload_2021-10-20_15-11-27.png

Here is a independent review. https://www.justiceinspectorates.go...ndent-review-of-the-case-of-Joseph-McCann.pdf

I would have thought he would have been looked into by the police when Leah Croucher went missing on 15th February 2019 which may just a coincidence. However, Leah's missing case is not a homicide investigation so the police may have limited powers. Would they actively look at people released from prison when investigating a missing person if they do not suspect any foul play is involved. As far as the police are concerned either Leah choose to disappear or could have come to some accidental harm.

Last edited:
Acc

According to this article Joseph was a traveller so would probably not have stayed in one place

Serial rapist was one of UK's first ASBO yobs who terrorised neighbours

Quote: Undettered, the feckless brood then moved to Aylesbury, Bucks, and Middlesex where they linked up with their traveller relatives.

I have so far found a travellers site in Eaton Bray which is near the previously mentioned road called 'The Rye'

Government pays £73,000 to improve traveller site

When he came out of prison it was said JC was living with a relative (believed to be his mom) in Aylesbury.

He more than likely stayed with his mom for a while before he got itchy feet again.

I'm not convinced McCann was involved in Leah's disappearance, it's not his MO. He's a rapist, he never killed any of his victims, and if he killed Leah I think she would have been found.

I don't possibly see how you can say that JM had a specific MO?

His crimes over the years were varied and didn't constitute a discernible pattern.

Before the attacks in 2019 he was convicted of possession of a bladed article, affray, robbery, dangerous driving, aggravated burglary, threating with a knife and car theft to name but a few. These seem to involve a great deal of violence but then in 2019 he changed tack and committed the sexual assaults.

No discernible MO but someone who is capable of anything.

I don't possibly see how you can say that JM had a specific MO?
His crimes over the years were varied and didn't constitute a discernible pattern.
Before the attacks in 2019 he was convicted of possession of a bladed article, affray, robbery, dangerous driving, aggravated burglary, threating with a knife and car theft to name but a few. These seem to involve a great deal of violence but then in 2019 he changed tack and committed the sexual assaults.
No discernible MO but someone who is capable of anything.

As I said, he didn't kill any of his victims. That's what I mean by MO.
Do you think he killed Leah? If so, where is she? If not, where is she?

I don't altogether like this theory but I think it needs some closer attention. I think we went through this before on the the last thread, and it was felt that there just wasn't time for JM to be in the right place at the right time because he was released the same day as Leah went missing, and she disappeared first thing in the morning.

However, if there's any possibility that he was at HMP Woodhill, which he may have been as a Cat A prisoner, then a release in the early morning would have given him plenty of time. HMP Woodhill to the Emerson Valley area of MK is about a mile and a half.

She was his preferred victim type (young women, and occasionally men, in their teens or early twenties, though he wasn't that fussy) and although he is/was a rapist rather than a murderer, there's a first time for everything. Lots of people have been of the opinion that she would have fought back against an attacker - perhaps it cost her her life when submitting to a rape might have saved it, as it did for his other victims.

I can't find any reference to where he was incarcerated in February 2019 (he was held at HMP Belmarsh after his recapture that summer) and I don't know if that's likely to be accessible information or if so how.

I am also very curious about the mention of a death date in his Wikipedia entry, which is not linked to any citation and is not supported by any MSM or other source. Anyone can edit Wikipedia, which is why it's not ultimately reliable, but who would want to make a false (or erroneous) amendment of that type, I wonder? Or is it true? I've looked at the audit trail and the edit was made on 9 October by a contributor based in ROI using a cellphone. If I find more I'll update.

Joseph McCann: review finds 'repeated failure' to recall offender to jail

Joseph McCann (criminal) - Wikipedia

JMO

ETA map

LC_Woodhill_Emerson Valley.jpg

Last edited:
JM was released from prison the same morning as Leah disappeared.

He was due to report to a Probation Office in Buckinghamshire that morning at 9.00. There are several Probation Offices in the Buckinghamshire area but it doesn't state which one he was reporting to.

Interestingly there are two Probation Office's in Milton Keynes.

One of them is listed as being at 1 Haddon, which is just off Watling Street.

If you are coming from the direction of Aylesbury and heading to Haddon then you would almost certainly drive up Watling Street.

Watling Street runs past the north side of Furzton Lake, near to the Premier Inn.

On the morning of the 15 February 2019, Leah's phone left the network at 8.34 am - on the north side of Furzton Lake, near to the Premier Inn.

It would be extremely interesting to know exactly what Probation Office JM reported to that morning.

This is the review of the JM case, the part about him reporting to a Probation Office is on Page 4, Item 17.

Review into the case of Joseph McCann

Where are you getting 9am from @WiseOwl? Was it another source? Just glancing at the review document, which confirms that JM reported at the Bucks probation office as scheduled on 15/2/19 but it doesn't say what time.

If it really was at 9am, then there's a limit, I think, to how far away the prison he was released from could have been.

If he was a Cat A prisoner, then apart from Woodhill the only others even remotely in striking distance are Whitemoor in Cambs and Long Lartin in Worcs. But he may not have been a Cat A prisoner by the time of his release. I'll read the review properly later and see if it sheds any light. Thank you for posting it.

As I said, he didn't kill any of his victims. That's what I mean by MO.
Do you think he killed Leah? If so, where is she? If not, where is she?

No I don't think he killed Leah, I was responding to the post by @SaintGertrude.

However, because we know so little about Leah's disappearance at this point in time I don't think anything can be ruled out even if there is a very slim chance of JM being involved.

What we need to find out is exactly what PO he reported to that morning, anywhere other then MK then he's definitely ruled out!

Where are you getting 9am from @WiseOwl? Was it another source? Just glancing at the review document, which confirms that JM reported at the Bucks probation office as scheduled on 15/2/19 but it doesn't say what time.

If it really was at 9am, then there's a limit, I think, to how far away the prison he was released from could have been.

If he was a Cat A prisoner, then apart from Woodhill the only others even remotely in striking distance are Whitemoor in Cambs and Long Lartin in Worcs. But he may not have been a Cat A prisoner by the time of his release. I'll read the review properly later and see if it sheds any light. Thank you for posting it.

Hi @JuicyLucy,

The 9.00 time came from another poster in an earlier thread.

I shall trawl through the earlier threads and try and find the source.

No I don't think he killed Leah, I was responding to the post by @SaintGertrude.

However, because we know so little about Leah's disappearance at this point in time I don't think anything can be ruled out even if there is a very slim chance of JM being involved.

What we need to find out is exactly what PO he reported to that morning, anywhere other then MK then he's definitely ruled out!
I agree he can certainly be ruled out if we can work out where he was on the morning of her disappearance and he was no-where nearby.

I'm not convinced McCann was involved in Leah's disappearance, it's not his MO. He's a rapist, he never killed any of his victims, and if he killed Leah I think she would have been found.
If we look at other people in the news like Wayne Couzens he was a flasher and had not that we are aware of previously killed any of his victims or been previously pulled in for any wrongdoing.
JM raped and kidnapped his victims and was a serial offender so I think this is worth looking into if not to rule out any thoughts that he could have been involved in some way with Leah's disappearance.
The criminal justice system released him to go on a spree. Before his arrest he forced one of his victims to take cocaine which in itself could have led to an accidental overdose.
Serial rapist Joseph McCann's crimes in full

Last edited:
JM had a number of other victims after Leah's disappearance, but he didn't kill any of them. I just feel that if he had killed her, it might have given him a taste for killing. Violent crime usually escalates. I'm not ruling it out, but to my mind it just doesn't seem to fit.

JM had a number of other victims after Leah's disappearance, but he didn't kill any of them. I just feel that if he had killed her, it might have given him a taste for killing. Violent crime usually escalates. I'm not ruling it out, but to my mind it just doesn't seem to fit.
Agree...Her disappearing without a trace doesn't fit- she must have gotten into a vehicle to escape that area and not be seen on camera again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans