CA CA - Claire Christie, 24, Humboldt County, 30 March 1977

I know this thread is ancient history, but my dad spoke to Ernest Christie III before he left town and, like... the stories he had about growing up with Earnie were so up. I was in Fieldbrook the day that the cops located the remains of Lysandra Turpin.

I don't have much to add. I really appreciate all the work ya'll have done. It's really impressive.

Hello All!

My grandmother is a Hupa native and grew up in Humboldt county. I want to add Andrea "Chick" White as a possible victim. Chick is my grandma's best friends daughter, so she saw Chick quite a bit. My grandmother said that the story she's heard from people is that Chick was stuffed into a giant redwood tree Son says father killed woman in 1988, guides police to remains - CNN.com
Considering Christie held a woman hostage in one, I think he may be connected.
My grandma said she heard this in the mid to late 90s, before the turpin case was revealed.
I know it is all speculation, but it's all we have. I wish people would stop leaving Chick out in humboldt discussions

Hello All!

My grandmother is a Hupa native and grew up in Humboldt county. I want to add Andrea "Chick" White as a possible victim. Chick is my grandma's best friends daughter, so she saw Chick quite a bit. My grandmother said that the story she's heard from people is that Chick was stuffed into a giant redwood tree Son says father killed woman in 1988, guides police to remains - CNN.com
Considering Christie held a woman hostage in one, I think he may be connected.
My grandma said she heard this in the mid to late 90s, before the turpin case was revealed.
I know it is all speculation, but it's all we have. I wish people would stop leaving Chick out in humboldt discussions
Jessie Armstrong on Facebook, has been a strong advocate for missing Native American men, women and teens missing from the Northern California communities. May Chick be found.

I know this thread is ancient history, but my dad spoke to Ernest Christie III before he left town and, like... the stories he had about growing up with Earnie were so ****** up. I was in Fieldbrook the day that the cops located the remains of Lysandra Turpin.

I don't have much to add. I really appreciate all the work ya'll have done. It's really impressive.

Welcome @ButtsMgutts, @zeero and @Siskiyoumom. It’s really helpful to have locals on these threads. I left Humboldt in 1984 but still try to keep track of news there.

After Claire Christie went missing there were two other mentions of her in the 1977 newspapers. Mind you this is where they also end online and some years between here and there are also not posted online.

The first a notice to change Ernie's Boat the BEN-RAY to CLAIRELOUISE. Websleuths

Second in November of 1977 A Library was dedicated to her. Websleuths

A mention of Claire then came in Ernest S Christie Jr's 2006 Obituary http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/times-standard/obituary.aspx?n=ernest-samuel-christie&pid=17182877

And her name on the Fisherman's Memorial in Humboldt Co. CA. Claire Louise Williams Christie (1951-1977) -...
Seems none of the names on this memorial are listed as missing/lost/injured as I would have expected. I really do not understand that. Is someone lost at sea not considered missing? What if they washed up on another beach. Dead or Alive. Alive with no memory of who they are. I mean maybe it's a slim chance, But in my opinion anything is possible and stranger things have happened.

The reason I would like to see Claire on these MP's sites is because the circumstances surrounding her being "LOST AT SEA" is now a matter of Lost or Murdered? With what seems like no concrete evidence she was even on that boat, makes me wonder if the boat was a ploy to draw searches away from his land when she went "MISSING".

So lets look at Ernest Christie Jr and see what we can come up with. And ask ourselves if Claire's status should be changed to Missing Foul play Suspected instead of simply lost at sea. Lets find out the truth about what really happened to this young mother 37 years ago.

Why are all of these links inactive now? I am so confused.

Why are all of these links inactive now? I am so confused.

All of the links are inactive. I am trying to create a podcast with Sam, but I cannot find where to find any articles whatsoever. I have searched everywhere.

That’s very strange @SleuthWGS. Maybe @MysticJynx, @Mountain Mama or @Tricia has some info on where the links went. Several years ago this thread was moved to this Emerald Triangle Forum and I wonder if something happened during the move. I don’t remember if a particular mod was the one tasked with moving threads or if @Tricia did it.

ETA: It seemed like a good idea to consolidate threads from the three Emerald Triangle counties and Tricia agreed. So @burblestein and I went through all the threads from the three Emerald Triangle Counties and labeled them to be moved. Here is where the requests were made for this thread to be moved…

CA - CA - Claire Christie, 24, Humboldt County, 30 March 1977

CA - Claire Christie, 24, Humboldt County, 30 March 1977

Last edited:

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members