Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like how the L's have comported themselves in regards to GP and her parents. However, based on tehe information thus far about today's search I think the following is most likely.

Since this is literally right near where the Ls originally reported they suspected their son may go, I think previous search efforts were hampered by water. That has been a continuing theme in this case, because, Florida and all. I suspect BL has been dead a while and that his parents were not offering continuing aid to him while missing. I am torn as to whether they assisted in him making his escape, but I do not believe they've been in contact with him since the day he disappeared himself.

I think now that the park was reopened and the Ls knew they could finally go and search themselves, they contacted LE and let them know that was their plan. Probably in part to give them a heads up since press is following their every move and there could be issues around that that LE should be aware of beforehand.

They get there, they begin searching the area they couldn't search as well due to flooding prior, and low and behold, just as they indicated when BL first went missing, there is evidence the BL was there and there are partial human remains.

The only thing I am still on the fence about is did he meet with an accident or did he take his own life?
I believe it was suicide but I could buy accident or misadventure. I can’t buy his as the great wilderness survivor.

@FBITampa

UPDATE: Items of interest were located at the Carlton Reserve this morning in connection with the search for Brian Laundrie. An #FBI Evidence Response team is processing the scene. The reserve is closed to the public and no further details are available at this time.
@FBIDenver
Again, I wish these agencies would be more precise. They're not at the Carlton Reserve, they are at Myakkahatchee.

I am fairly certain cadaver dogs can pick up a scent through water.... so did they KNOW he was in there but didnt want their officers to retrieve the body because of gators, or did they not detect anything previously? SOO many questions.
The K9 units are amazing and are so helpful to LE.
But, like people, they aren't 100%.
Sometimes the dogs miss or don't find something that was there.
And swamps have lots and lots of smells.

FBI update: Items of interest were located at the Carlton Reserve this morning in connection with the search for Brian Laundrie. An #FBI Evidence Response team is processing the scene. The reserve is closed to the public and no further details are available at this time.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1450888445027565579

If it’s BL and not someone else, I’m not surprised. He’s too much of a wimp and a chump to be any kind of outdoorsman or survivalist.

He was either holed up nearby getting help and supplies from mommy and daddy, or else he was dead in the park, probably gator food.

In my opinion his parents have always known exactly where to look for him. Interesting, isn’t it, that they didn’t find him when ChLwas with the authorities recently?
And they didn't find him in their several-hour search on Monday, the day he went missing. Per Lawyer. But they find him quickly, now. IMO

As of this writing, it has not been confirmed that a body has been found.

WFLA's JB Biunno has clarified that he initially misspoke and that the items that were found weren't necessarily clothing.

I hope that mainstream media will clarify the correct order (and details) of the following events:
  • The Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park is reopened.
  • BL's parents go to the park, meet with LE (Did they choose to go there, as SB said, or were they called there by LE?)
  • Items reportedly belonging to BL are found. (Who found them?)
JMO
According to this article, the Laundries found a couple of items .
Brian Laundrie search: Coroner arrives at Florida park after fugitive's items found

Question

If they found remains in an area that was partially / previously under water near his backpack wouldn’t that mean that the backpack was underwater also?

I want more details about the backpack.

The water has receded, opening more areas, but JB has made multiple comments on the live about the fact that it hasn't been near as rainy in October as it was previously. They've said this particular area was previously under water, but no one has said when the water receded enough to search that particular area. I mean, that is REALLY close to the opening. Is it possible that LE was so focused on searching the entire park/reserve that they only did a cursory search of the area near the parking lot?

How very convenient. MOO I remain skeptical until we receive a report that they found his body or remains that ultimately identify as his. MOO JMO

Seth Ferranti, Fugitive:

"...Ferranti added that when he was on the run, his mother sent him chocolate brownies by mail and spoke to him on a payphone, and that marshals only visited her once a month."

Ex-fugitive says Brian Laundrie's parents will do what they can to help him stay free

and

"...My plan was to disappear, wait for Seth Ferranti to be declared legally dead after seven years — the amount of time it takes for a missing person to be declared dead in absentia — and live my life quietly under an assumed name somewhere far away. Faking my suicide seemed the best route available. So the night before the feds wanted me to testify against my associates in court, I wrote a suicide note and left some clothes on the edge of the cliff, along with my wallet, the bottle of liquor, and a pack of cigarettes. I even threw a pair of shoes and some clothes in the raging river below.

It turned out that killing my old self was not so simple. Rather than fading away quietly, however, I wound up on the agency’s Top 15 Most Wanted List. It’s kind of like the FBI’s Top 10, but different — the FBI is more investigative and focused on both national and international issues, while the U.S. Marshals are in charge of apprehending fugitives who failed to appear in court or escaped... After dragging the river for two weeks, the feds declared my suicide a hoax due to no body being found."

I spent two years as a fugitive

I 100% agree. From the beginning I thought he left and the parents genuinely thought he was just hiking. They retrieved the car, realized the gun was gone, and called LE genuinely concerned he was going to kill himself. He did, and a gator tore him apart. MOO.

If the gators got him (or other animals) can they actually determine time or cause of deather? Anyone know?

How many versions of the same story are there?

“Chris and Roberta Laundrie, the parents of fugitive Brian Laundrie, ventured into Florida's Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park early Wednesday morning, where Fox News Digital saw an officer apparently tell parents that law enforcement "might have found something."
Brian Laundrie search: Coroner arrives at Florida park after fugitive's items found

JMOO
Perhaps there's some truth in both stories. As far as your article above ^^, perhaps LE found some actual human remains, or bones or fragments or clothing or backpack or whatever.

Then from the article I had previously linked, it appears LE & Chris searched together, and then Chris, without LE may have found different items (white bag/dark-colored object) making both stories possibly true:

"Chris returned without law enforcement, and the couple continued on. The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them."

FWIW...

JMO, MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads