Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do feel for the Laundries to an extent -- they have lost a child, one who almost certainly committed a horrible crime.

If they truly knew nothing, though, and were just parents concerned their son harmed himself, I am wondering why they have not been speaking with Cassie, as she said, since this all began?

Seems completely reasonable in order to protect her. Lawyers told them not to speak to anyone, why involve her when they do not have to. The least she knows the better for her family legally speaking. Also assume lawyers told them not to speak on the phones as may have a sealed wiretap warrant that was conducted whilst they did the search in the home and the Laundries were in the car in the driveway. Not saying this happened, just saying the lawyer would have advised of the possibility.

Prefacing with: I don't know this area so this may seem like a stupid question. :) Is there any way that the articles could have come from a different area and as the water receded the items were dragged to this location? Is the topography fairly flat or are there higher areas that drain to lower areas?
Absolutely- the area was largely under water, and things float around. Animals could drag around body parts and or food packed by a human.

IMO, Brian was not a cunning survivalist. He liked to hike, sight-see and camp. As long as he had internet access, some cool trinkets, non plastic bottles and vegan snacks. IMO, he had no money, he wasn’t overly intelligent, he lacked confidence and courage, and he was an abuser and murderer. I could go on, but why give the guy any more attention. He was likely dead over a month ago.

Question

If they found remains in an area that was partially / previously under water near his backpack wouldn’t that mean that the backpack was underwater also?

I want more details about the backpack.

Good point, that backpack didn't look like it had been under water, of if it had be, not for long.

The water has receded, opening more areas, but JB has made multiple comments on the live about the fact that it hasn't been near as rainy in October as it was previously. They've said this particular area was previously under water, but no one has said when the water receded enough to search that particular area. I mean, that is REALLY close to the opening. Is it possible that LE was so focused on searching the entire park/reserve that they only did a cursory search of the area near the parking lot?
Or it’s possible he wasn’t dead the whole time and he just recently died and that’s where his remains were and an animal got ahold of them.

I 100% agree. From the beginning I thought he left and the parents genuinely thought he was just hiking. They retrieved the car, realized the gun was gone, and called LE genuinely concerned he was going to kill himself. He did, and a gator tore him apart. MOO.

If the gators got him (or other animals) can they actually determine time or cause of death? Anyone know?

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

It’s odd to me that they found his backpack and now his body in an area that was previously underwater.
It was close to where the Mustang was parked.

Some of us thought all along he killed himself in the water and the gators would dispose of the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998