Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #71

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the biggest reason as to why I had hoped that he didn't kill himself through this search: we need answers. Gabby's family deserves answers. Having him found dead may leave this mystery unresolved, IMO. My heart is breaking all over again.

I am very curious to know the information the parents may have known and would hope, in time, that they come forward to speak publicly about this case and their son's alleged involvement. JMO.
I don't think the BL would have given Gabby's family any answers. Very few defendants ever explain why they did what they did.
In this case (IMO) I imagine BL killed her in anger over some sort of perceived slight. In the end he didn't want to face the consequences of his actions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard it, but I also heard the parents. I'm inclined to believe Gabby's family. It serves them no purpose to lie about the time they initiated contact with the Laundries.
I have been struck by how disjointed the WFLA live coverage has been. I'm guessing it's because they are having to fill air time with live conversation when we really dont know much and they havent really prepared to do that. The other announcer with JB has several times said he can't remember a detail but he thinks it was at such and such time. I dont really think he should say anything unless he's got the facts in front of him, but I can see why he's improvising. IMO

Absolutely. But even if they don't express belief that it's him, which I expect, we all know.

I get what you are saying. If your comment is taken literally, I must disagree.

We don't know. We think. We have strong evidence to suggest. We have logical conclusion.

Many people knew the saw him, even talked with him, when likely they did not.

My opinion

I agree that the timing is a bit odd, jmo. For them to open the reserve after a month and then hours later the parents find evidence? that is strange. But I think it is easily, and most sensibly, explained with the changing water levels. Also, as the Mike Williams (RIP Mike) case taught me in a roundabout way, bodies, after being taken by gators, usually find their way back to the water's surface even after a period of time. It's when they don't that there's cause for concern.

Did you listen to the former FBI agent?

Former FBI agent on Fox thinks the parents have probably been in contact with Brian all along and were able to take LE to the spot today after they haven’t heard from him in a while

If this is so, Brian's time of death would be in the last week of so, but if his time of death is 3 weeks ago or more, or around the time Brian disappeared, then the former FBI guy's theory would be wrong. IMO. Frankly I am not sure which I believe just now.

I heard it, but I also heard the parents. I'm inclined to believe Gabby's family. It serves them no purpose to lie about the time they initiated contact with the Laundries.
I'm with you; I'm going to believe what I've heard from the Petito/Schmidts rather than a reporter, no matter how reliable the reporter (usually) is. JMO

And I don’t think it was a mistake that they originally gave the wrong date when your kid went on a “day hike” from which he never returned. There is simply no way they did not know exactly which day was the last time they saw their son.
I agree, I find it incredible--as in, utterly not credible--that they forgot what day their son disappeared. How could anyone forget that, never mind 2 people.

Did you listen to the former FBI agent?

Former FBI agent on Fox thinks the parents have probably been in contact with Brian all along and were able to take LE to the spot today after they haven’t heard from him in a while

That's one of the possible scenarios that I suspected as well. They could have had a rally point to meet at if the communication suddenly stopped. IMO.

And I don’t think it was a mistake that they originally gave the wrong date when your kid went on a “day hike” from which he never returned. There is simply no way they did not know exactly which day was the last time they saw their son.
I keep thinking about that. The only thing I can think of is that they knew which day, but got the date wrong initially. I work at home. Often it's Wednesday and I think it's Tuesday or Thursday, and I have no idea what date it is if I haven't had to pay attention to the date the past few days. Granted, you'd think they would have been accurate when reporting him missing, though.

There is no evidence to believe the parents are at fault in any way. As far as we know, their lawyer told them not to talk to anyone and that is what they did. We don't know if they knew/know any details about what happened to GP other than BL came home alone in her van. They could have learned from the media that he used her bank card, that she was dead and that the COD was strangulation. We'll probably never find out if they knew more than this.

This is (specifically) why I do not go through the exercise of becoming "verified." These are MOO. Not facts. They are not legal advice. They are only my opinions as I have discerned from the evidence I have seen. They are not fact.

<modsnip> the post I was replying to.

September 13: Brian goes for hike.

September 22: Warrant issued for Brian's arrest.

Perhaps you can explain how the parents reporting Brian was missing earlier could have aided in his capture nine days later? At the time he went missing there was no warrant.

I don't think a lot of folks are really paying attention to the time line. Thanks for reminding them that nothing the L's could have done would have changed anything.

<modsnip> If they are unrecognizable remains, they better be more than just a smidge of some thing that an alive BL could have left behind as a decoy.
Understood. I was assuming they were bone fragments, which might be all that’s left at this point. In 15 minutes the FBI will be holding a press conference. Hopefully we’ll get some information.

Well, I read the Marshals were able to confirm the Laundrie lookalike in NC was definitely not BL by doing a fingerprint scan. It read as though they did that in the hotel. So I'm assuming there are certain things, and obviously would be based on the state of decomposition, that could be used fairly quickly to make a preliminary determination.
IMO based on the state of the dry bag, it appears to be exposed to the elements for a while; dental id much more likely than fingerprints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie