Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing suicide repeatedly being referred to as the " coward's way out" is really rubbing me the wrong way.

In this case I can understand why people are calling BL a coward (if he is in fact dead from suicide). He was cowardly in how he treated Gabby by assaulting her, he was a coward for killing her, he went on the run and now this... All with no confession, no admission, nothing except the possiblity of a note left behind in a muddy plastic bag. Coward is a nice way of saying it IMHO.

I’ve said this before but my own personal guideline is that if I have to assume everyone else is brain dead for my theory to work, I’m probably wrong.

The FBI has to have a reason why they made this press conference. They don’t in general make conclusive statements but I think we can assume they had someone rule out that these are deer bones (or whatever animal you have down there). They must have reasonable evidence that it’s connected to Brian to make a statement so early when we’ve seen before they were clear other bodies were not him.

I have a question and a thought. Say if one month ago Brian went “hiking”, killed himself, somehow left a note or something so the parents knew he was dead, they report to the police. If everyone knew he had committed suicide back then, would LE just have to continue to search until a body was found? (Hence the obsessive searching). I mean no body, no suicide…so they can’t confirm anything until he’s found. IMO, my absolute amateur opinion.
Plus it also seemed as though a gun case was found in the car by FBI way back when, perhaps the Laundries realised the gun was missing after retrieving the car from the reserve hence the FBI showing up and taking things from the house, missing persons report, possible suicide per the parents, massive search for weeks and here we are…. MOO all the whole time, always.
What a sad, sad story…

I’m repeating what I heard and what JB said, up until now they’ve used the word homicide not murder. Murder is determined legally from what I’ve been told. It could have been a slip of the tongue but I thought I’d mention it because we haven’t heard it before, wish I hadn’t to be honest. JB thought it was significant. IMO
I agree with you and understand what you are saying, significant distinction.

As a parent who has lost a child and never received the full story on what led up to his death......justice for me would be closure and the ability to move on. I personally would not to relive everything through a trial etc. We had to come to the realization that knowing the full story didn't change that our son was deceased, it wouldn't lessen the pain. We had to figure out how to best do life without him in it. And he wouldn't have wanted us to stay stagnant and never move on. This is MOO only, but a valid one since I have personally lost a child, though not in these same circumstances. As a side note, I teared up and my heart broke at the video of RL and CL speaking to the searcher. Being notified of your child's death is not something any parent should ever have to face, even the parents of the person who most likely killed Gabby.
So very sorry for the loss of your son and for the reminders of it in watching the Laundries.
Thank you for sharing your perspective on the concept of closure and trying to move on.

I have a question and a thought. Say if one month ago Brian went “hiking”, killed himself, somehow left a note or something so the parents knew he was dead, they report to the police. If everyone knew he had committed suicide back then, would LE just have to continue to search until a body was found? (Hence the obsessive searching). I mean no body, no suicide…so they can’t confirm anything until he’s found. IMO, my absolute amateur opinion.
Plus it also seemed as though a gun case was found in the car by FBI way back when, perhaps the Laundries realised the gun was missing after retrieving the car from the reserve hence the FBI showing up and taking things from the house, missing persons report, possible suicide per the parents, massive search for weeks and here we are…. MOO all the whole time, always.
What a sad, sad story…
i mean if his body was underwater and it had been earlier, it would have floated? And I don't know if a gator would be down for an old bloated body, but maybe?
I forget if a a body sinks automatically if drowned.

I agree, they're not the same. Apparently Brian engineered both deaths, Gabby's to murder and his to suicide or to trying to outwit the elements.

But as I said in the last thread, at one point Brian was the Laundries little boy. So I feel for them strictly on that level. I'm mad at them for everything else.

I respect your opinion.

Being mad at the Laundries depends on the narrative you believe.

Sometimes things are not as simple or relatable as they seem. Sometimes, they are.

My opinion

I’m not saying this isn’t true or that this isn’t just a huge coincidence. As far as we know right now, this is what happened. I just find it so so odd that the first day the park is open, the parents decide to go out there to search, & in a short time, they just happened to stumble upon belongings belonging to BL. That’s just the most bizarre coincidence to me. JMO. I genuinely hope that they didn’t also stumble upon the remains or a gruesome scene. That would be terrible. JMO.

I’m not saying this isn’t true or that this isn’t just a huge coincidence. As far as we know right now, this is what happened. I just find it so so odd that the first day the park is open, the parents decide to go out there to search, & in a short time, they just happened to stumble upon belongings belonging to BL. That’s just the most bizarre coincidence to me. JMO. I genuinely hope that they didn’t also stumble upon the remains or a gruesome scene. That would be terrible. JMO.

Very bizarre. It's as if they knew...

i mean if his body was underwater and it had been earlier, it would have floated? And I don't know if a gator would be down for an old bloated body, but maybe?
I forget if a a body sinks automatically if drowned.

Something I have been thinking about is what else is under that water. I am not familiar with that particular area. Where I am, if certain areas of a reserve here were flooded, a body could get caught on bushes, brambles, old tree branches, etc. It would not be able to float and would only appear when waters recede. Perhaps someone with knowledge of this specific area can chime in.

I agree with you and understand what you are saying, significant distinction.
This was my point completely, we’ve never heard anything apart from homicide and he was/is a POI in her disappearance, never a POI in her murder. They’re saying now on WFLA YouTube POI is not very far away from suspect in legal terms. MOO

Well someone murdered her. And BL was identified today as the POI in her murder. So...yes, in my opinion we do know.

If I remember correctly, the injury to Gabby’s neck was vertebral? Doesn’t the hyoid bone have to be fractured to call it strangulation?

Agree! But they better make really darn sure that the "partial remains" are BL. The finding of a notebook & backpack, depending on contents, may be an all too convenient find for my suspension of disbelief. Any "objects" found by the Laundries are subject to an additional layer of suspicion in my mind and I'm not "buying" the "find" until I know the contents & the ID is confirmed. And even if it's him, the "objects" may or may not be what they seem.
It's just too too startling that the parents discovered the bag, then put the notebook in the bag, and then turned the whole shebang over to LE after disturbing other possible evidence around the 2 items. It's like every cop show you ever see, every single search instruction to volunteers....don't touch the evidence, call LE. IMO

'Possible' human remains found in search for Brian Laundrie at North Port preserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member