Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really sad to hear that you have thoughts of taking your own life. There are always hotlines you can call. Friends to talk to. And us, your Websleuths’ family. If you ever want to talk, please message me.
Thank you. I’ve been able to move past the thoughts with help. I was just trying to compare the differences.

its not unusual, they call it a reserve but in reality its just a swamp and when we had heavy heavy rains in september lots of swampy areas and rivers and creeks got really high, its the norm around here.

One thing that has puzzled me all along is how someone would have a favorite part of a swamp. I don't have any love for swamps - it all looks kinda homogenous to me.

Michael Ruiz reports:

“Parents found a dark object and white bag just off the beaten trail. They handed it to law enforcement before departing.”

“Chris and Roberta gave that officer the bag. They found it at the edge of a clearing about 20 yards off main trail.”

“He [officer] was not there when the parents picked it up. They carried it for about 20-30 minutes before meeting up with him and handing it over.”

“I was walking about 30 feet behind them”

“Couldn’t really see it. It was about half the size of the bag and black.”

https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1450937891606220802?s=21

At this point I am in total disbelief that both LE and the FBI even allowed his parents to go "searching for him" in the park.

"They could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to a law enforcement officer."

Um, what????? Did they actually handle the evidence? As in handle it so if and when their prints are on it it cannot be determined to have been placed there by them at any point? MOO Did the NPPD actually allow them to contaminate evidence. Please tell me no.
I did not see them collect it in the video. MOO
I think the Laundries actually found the notebook and then handed it over to LE. It was reported that his parents went through some brambles (?), saw the notebook and handed it over. Hmmmm. The area they found it is near the entrance to the park nearest where the Mustang had been parked. It was suggested that that area had been under about 4 feet of water that has now receded.

I feel like this might be a dumb question but is a swamp a type of place that a person can have a favourite place? I've never been to a swamp... is there shoreline of some kind, or is it soggy everywhere? I'm just kind of wondering how BL would have "favourite" places in there, if that makes any sense.

When you offer a well known prayer for peace into a discussion when possible human remains have been found, two families are grieving, and animosity abounds, and it gets deleted for being off topic, it's time to leave the conversation. I'll say my prayers for BOTH Gabby and Brian and their families privately, and wish you all a wonderful evening of debate. I'm not sure this is the place for me any longer. I thought we were here for hope and grace and I'm not complaining, I know mods work very hard here. I just don't understand how a prayer on any thread at websleuths could be off topic. Ouch.

I totally agree with you. I can understand the mods not wanting a debate about religion, but a prayer for all the family members who are in so much pain? Wow.

I don't recall ever saying he's the only POI. If another one has been identified, I don't recall seeing that mentioned anywhere. In the meantime, BL is the only POI that has been named in GP's murder. So... again... it is fair to believe he is responsible for her murder. MOO JMO
I hope that he is the only one because if they've got another one they really should let people know there is a murderer out there responsible for Gabby's death that isn't BL imo

I was discussing this with my husband and I agree that if he is "the" person of interest they should come out and say that because the use of the word "a" means that there is potentially a murderer out there responsible for Gabby's death that isn't BL.

This is just my opinion but I think they will test these remains and conclusively determine it's BL. If it is, they will work on their report outlining what they believe happened. If they believe that the only suspect has died, they'll release a report saying something like that. If they don't think they can conclusively close the case, I think they will say that and keep investigating. But I do think we will learn one way or another soon.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: FBI confirms unidentified human remains found, fugitive's backpack, notebook

EXCLUSIVE IMAGES OBTAINED BY FOX NEWS

Van-parents-bag-2.jpg

These items were found in an area that, up until recently, had been underwater.

Untitled-33.png

clear.gif
image.jpg

image.jpg

The FBI's announcement came hours after it was revealed that "some articles belonging to Brian were found" while his parents, Chris and Roberta Laundrie, and law enforcement were searching within the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, along a trail that their son was known to frequent.

The Sarasota County Medical Examiner's Office confirmed that they subsequently responded to the area at the law enforcement's request. A senior law enforcement source told Fox News' David Spunt at the time that "what appear to be human remains" were found at a site being searched by a cadaver dog within the park.

At the park, two men in hiking gear – including at least one who later identified himself as a law enforcement officer – began trailing behind them. The Laundries and one of the men appeared to discuss a discovery before the parents left the park, which was subsequently closed to media and the public.

During the couple's time inside, Chris Laundrie could be seen continually moving in and out of areas of the brush. After a short while, he and Roberta Laundrie separated, with Chris and the two men moving into brush on the left side of the trail for approximately 12 minutes.

The Laundries later discovered a white bag and a dark-colored object after traveling through a patch of brambles at the edge of the brush at a clearing. They then could be seen putting the object into the bag and handing it over to the law enforcement officer shortly thereafter, who later took it from them.

Exclusive video obtained by Fox News Digital shows the Laundries and the law enforcement officer huddling and speaking as the officer appears to show the couple an unknown discovery.

The officer appeared to tell the parents: "I think we might have found something." The officer could be seen patting Chris Laundrie's shoulder as he huddled with the couple.

The couple left the park at 8:45 a.m. The Laundries returned home shortly thereafter and appeared emotional when confronted by protesters there.

Last edited:
i think there are a few people out there who invested a lot of their free time imagining the Laundrie family to be part of some deeply connected crime syndicate, rather than a grieving, confused family dealing with an unimaginable situation.

I certainly never thought they were a part of organized crime or anything like that but I did not think BL was in the reserve. Or that he would commit suicide, either, although we don’t know for sure if it is his remains (likely) or how the person died.

I did think he was living off grid in a cheap cabin or some other kind of rental. It would not have been terribly difficult to pull that off, especially with Covid (mask, people still staying home more than normal, ability to order more products for delivery than ever, etc.). He would’ve needed money and prepaid cards that are difficult to track.

The remains they found are more than likely his. Since the area was underwater until recently he may have been there all along. The examinations should offer some clues about time and manner of death.

I hope his notebook includes clues about what happened and that, if he did write about it, it was truthful. Assuming they can recover text from something that’s been in water.

jmo

I feel like this might be a dumb question but is a swamp a type of place that a person can have a favourite place? I've never been to a swamp... is there shoreline of some kind, or is it soggy everywhere? I'm just kind of wondering how BL would have "favourite" places in there, if that makes any sense.
No, swamps are interesting, they have different trees, they have different clearings, different places to look for birds, see certain flowers, etc. I had favorite trails through them, too.

They can be quite beautiful. There are high and low areas, and plenty of room to move between wet areas (except during serious flooding). I've spent many, many hours in swamps.

So the area was under water when the prior searches of that area occurred. I guess I'm wondering if the area was under water in early/mid September. I mean, if this is in fact BL, did he wade out into the water and do whatever he did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken