Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t totally understand how this is BL’s favorite spot if it was under water a month or 2 ago? And it wouldn’t make sense to say the water “washed” the remains to that spot if that is where the parents headed to look. So, his favorite part is in the middle of an area that would have been flooded when he went there? Or he went for a swim while hiking? I’m slightly confused. Hopefully LE releases some more information as time goes on. JMO.

It has occurred to me before that BL, if he was suicidal, may have waded into water to do it. So that his remains might not be found, so that he could disappear completely. I doubt he was in a completely rational state of mind at that time.

I'm way behind on these threads, and someone may have already said this, but in this video it looks like CL knows exactly where to go to look for BL. Why there? And RL is kind of just standing around on the path. Did they know that this was his 'special place' in the reserve where he liked to go and hang out? MOO

Maybe this was his "special track" but, did BL have a special "patch of brambles" where he would sit and meditate?

They don't look "natural" leaving the area where they found the items, but i am not a body language expert. It's just my opinion and perception.

MOO JMO

I feel like Steve Bertolino’s legal advice was a smart move for the parents, especially if they knew any details at all about the murder.

However, I don’t think he was considering the ways in which encouraging them all to be silent could lead to Brian’s body in swampland. No one speaks about where Gabby’s body was, leaving a long period of time for Brian’s anxiety to fester and overflow. The parents, encouraged to stay silent, waiting several days before reporting him missing. We don’t know when Brian died. I believe he died the day he left, but he very well could have tried to camp out for a few days — if they felt protected enough by their attorney to come forward earlier, he could have been captured alive.

I do feel for his parents. Their son has likely died and I know that his mother will relive all the moments she could have spared his life by speaking out. These situations are unimaginable regardless of which side you end up on.

here;s another thing that could have happened, has it been said for a FACT tht the bag was on the ground????
Brian could have hung the bag to a tree limb and then sat down and did whatever he did ....we dont know that he didnt, the swamp was only under about 4 or 5 feet of water, so if he did that then everything might still be intact!

That reminded me of the reported description of what Brian was wearing when he left for the hike. I remember being disappointed and wondered why the emphasis was on a waist stap for the backpack....does anyone else remember that? Maybe that was because it wasn't a typical backpack so additional info was provided.
I don’t remember there being any description of this.

my theory is the FBI either knew or suspected he was a suicide risk and didn’t want to stress him out further than necessary to apprehend him - hence the lower warrant for unauthorised card usage, so he can’t hide out legally but doesn’t have the pressure of being wanted in connection with a homicide/murder.
Definitely plausible IMO. I could see that happening, I always felt like it was a hint from the FBI that they wanted something to detain him on but didn’t want to scare him off. They may have profiled him and deemed him a suicide risk from the profile. Definitely an interesting thought. Thank you.

MOO

Re: That other black part isn't the part the clip goes into? I don't know what to call it. <----(I can no longer quote that post so manually brought it over)

Could what's seen hanging out the top of the bag at both ends be BLs hiking bag? It's apparently what he was last seen wearing. You can clearly see one side of the clasp on the right side, I drew a red circle around the other end of the clasp on the left side in the event someone missed it against the dark background. I was Googling for BL fanny pack since that's what those clasps looked like to me. I was going to look at images to see if I could find him wearing a fanny pack which I have seen in the past (I recall that people made fun of it because it was worn off center). I instead landed on the article below. Not sure why the clasps would be hanging out the sides of the top of that rolled down bag through. Seems an odd way to carry a hiking bag off if that's what those are attached to. You'd think they'd be inside the white bag, not hanging out the top. Originally I thought those clasps were part of the white bag and couldn't figure out how you'd wear something like that. LOL I wish we had answers on what exactly we're seeing in that pic as I find it a tad confusing.

As per the linked MSM below, it says: "Investigators are still asking the public for help in locating Brian. They say he is a white male, 5-foot-8 and weighing 160 pounds. He has brown eyes, very short brown hair, trimmed facial hair, and was last seen wearing a hiking bag with a waist strap."

Source of pic: FBI will provide update after possible human remains found in manhunt for Brian LaundrieView attachment 318232
There's another section of the bag not pictured. The hole is in the bottom right of the bag and something black is protruding out of it.

Last edited:
Throw the stuff in a tree? Or climb a tree, leave stuff, jump into water?
I tend to think that BL would want to leave a story, or fable, aggrandizing himself. I can totally see him putting the stuff in a tree that would never be flooded. But I'm still not convinced he was in there the whole time. Maybe once we see a TOD, if possible. Somehow the parents knew where to look, and to get the stuff and get away before turning it over to the LE. I wonder how much the reporter(s) saw of them actually finding the items on the ground. IMO

And I'd like to hear more about the firearm that was referred to earlier when he first was reported missing, after 4-5 days.

I'm way behind so sorry if this has been brought up. In watching this video of them finding remains excuse me if I'm wrong. But, doesn't that look like a body with most of the legs missing under the white tent. I'm not saying this to be a smart *advertiser censored* or joking in anyway, but, it definetly looks like a butt/buttocks and upper body. Has anybody else seen this? Be sure to click right lower corner to maximize the video.

Im not seeing that. i think the remains would have been under the trees. I don't see them picking it up and putting it on a table. looks more like bags and stuff they are working with. but really cant tell... doubt they would broadcast it that clear if it was. I mean honestly I don't think they'd find a torso, the more meaty parts if a gator got a hold of it, maybe a limb...

A little more perspective, if this source is allowed:

Michael Ruiz, Fox reporter https://twitter.com/mikerreports/with_replies

"He was not there when the parents picked it up. They carried it for about 20-30 minutes before meeting up with him and handing it over."

I gotta wonder if those items would have fit into RL's red backpack that she wore to the park today.

Its really odd that they would pick it up considering the surrounding circumstances. Maybe self preservation ‘before anyone interprets what this is we should see it first’ kinda thing?

I feel like this might be a dumb question but is a swamp a type of place that a person can have a favourite place? I've never been to a swamp... is there shoreline of some kind, or is it soggy everywhere? I'm just kind of wondering how BL would have "favourite" places in there, if that makes any sense.
Florida swamps are extremely beautiful, teeming with life.
I love going into them.
It's the insects that deter me more than anything else.
We have a fantastic state park system.
I urge everyone I know who comes for the theme parks and beaches to carve a day out and go to see the Real Florida.
jmho

I'm way behind so sorry if this has been brought up. In watching this video of them finding remains excuse me if I'm wrong. But, doesn't that look like a body with most of the legs missing under the white tent. I'm not saying this to be a smart *advertiser censored* or joking in anyway, but, it definetly looks like a butt/buttocks and upper body. Has anybody else seen this? Be sure to click right lower corner to maximize the video.

I zoomed in and watched several times and I do believe I saw remains on a small white plastic sheet.

MOO.

There's another section of the bag not in the picture. The hole is in the bottom right of the bag and something black is protruding out of it.
The clasps are like that because it’s a dry sack. Their is a black clip on either side so you roll it down and clip it together. You can put your items inside and they will stay dry. The white material almost looks like it’s dyneema fabric which is commonly used for the ultralight backpacking items.

Re: That other black part isn't the part the clip goes into? I don't know what to call it. <----(I can no longer quote that post so manually brought it over)

Could what's seen hanging out the top of the bag at both ends be BLs hiking bag? It's apparently what he was last seen wearing. You can clearly see one side of the clasp on the right side, I drew a red circle around the other end of the clasp on the left side in the event someone missed it against the dark background. I was Googling for BL fanny pack since that's what those clasps looked like to me. I was going to look at images to see if I could find him wearing a fanny pack which I have seen in the past (I recall that people made fun of it because it was worn off center). I instead landed on the article below. Not sure why the clasps would be hanging out the sides of the top of that rolled down bag through. Seems an odd way to carry a hiking bag off if that's what those are attached to. You'd think they'd be inside the white bag, not hanging out the top. Originally I thought those clasps were part of the white bag and couldn't figure out how you'd wear something like that. LOL I wish we had answers on what exactly we're seeing in that pic as I find it a tad confusing.

As per the linked MSM below, it says: "Investigators are still asking the public for help in locating Brian. They say he is a white male, 5-foot-8 and weighing 160 pounds. He has brown eyes, very short brown hair, trimmed facial hair, and was last seen wearing a hiking bag with a waist strap."

Source of pic: FBI will provide update after possible human remains found in manhunt for Brian LaundrieView attachment 318232

No. That's not a backpack nor a waist strap. SB also confirmed the dry bag is another item and is BL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998