Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another day, and some incredible news.... 350 million people in the USA and the two people who find stuff belonging to Brian, ( who's been missing for weeks) are his parents!.. how lucky is this?>.

What would be the odds?.. the park is open, the flooding eases a bit and BLAM...!!.. it's like a .. well. like a cautionary tale of Great Expectations.

It's almost like, you know, when Lancelot was the only bloke to be able to pull Excalibur out of the stone.. or.. like.. the Rosetta Stone.. .. like Bingham finding Machu Pichu....

And some of Brians equipment as well..... it's like a miracle..
Where's @TheGardener with the followup?

I just do not understand the prose and flowery paragraphs people are writing about the Laundries, when Gabby is the victim and should be the focus. The Laundries had awhile to do the right thing and speak to the Petitos, and could possibly have saved their own kid but chose not to

I haven't seen any of that. I've just seen people show a bit of humanity during a really dark time.
not under the tent. in first 10 seconds before chopper changes angle and then under tree. also was confused at first until someone else pointed it out

What many of us see is very clearly under the tent. Perhaps there are additional areas of focus.

MOO.

I just do not understand the prose and flowery paragraphs people are writing about the Laundries, when Gabby is the victim and should be the focus. The Laundries had awhile to do the right thing and speak to the Petitos, and could possibly have saved their own kid but chose not to

I have never once defended them and assumed they knew a whole lot more than they were telling the public. However, we have no clue what they have told the FBI. We simply do not know. What
We do know is that the Laundries currently are awaiting forensic results to determine if their son is dead or not. From there I expect we will know a bit more. I am of the opinion we now take a rest from hating BL and RL and let it play out. Maybe I will say differently tomorrow, but who even knows. This moment is karma for them. They are now awaiting news that their son was found dead and they certainly are not going to get the sympathy Gabby’s family did (as they should not) but they are probably feeling pretty lonely right now. Brian did this to every single person involved. Even if his parents helped him go commit suicide, BRIAN put everyone in the situation they are now in.

As far as Brian goes, I hope the ends of his life was filled with knowing he was a monster and the world is much better without him. MOO.

Regarding partial human remains, it depends on what part of the body part they have discovered. Would you be content that he is deceased if they found a fingertip or a toe?

Although it is probably highly unlikely he managed to lop off a digit and cauterize it himself...in order to fake his own death.

I suggest people read Chuck Palanuick's book HAUNTED, it's about writers going off-grid in an abandoned theatre and they start amputating body parts in order to become famous when found. Weird, a premise I know, but it's all about cutting off parts and surviving. This one is BL's FAVORITE author. Food for thought.
I've not read it yet, I knew you were reading it and I was awaiting your verdict anxiously..

I don't understand this thread where I picked up on page 30 something. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
my theory is the FBI either knew or suspected he was a suicide risk and didn’t want to stress him out further than necessary to apprehend him - hence the lower warrant for unauthorised card usage, so he can’t hide out legally but doesn’t have the pressure of being wanted in connection with a homicide/murder.

ETA: the amount of stuff he took with him may have been a factor, I know as a mental health patient how much stuff I was last seen with would massively influence the response in terms of search efforts (inappropriately dressed for the weather, no obvious means of support would both be big red flags).
They may have known he was a suicide risk, but the charge has nothing to do with that. They charged him with just enough to get an arrest warrant. They wanted the advantage of being able to investigate without starting the clock on a speedy trial, and also without having to subject all of their evidence to discovery any earlier than necessary.

I paused the video, took a screen shot and then blew the screen shot up - it's so unclear but it does look like a torso from neck to buttocks, belly side down. I can. not figure out how to attach a photo here though.

I hope this is ok to post.
Awesome! Thank you! It even looks like it has a head and arms.

Okay, I can see where the thing I was referring to is in that picture, but I'm still not convinced the lower corner is a hole and not a part of the bag, the photos are awful.

I know people were looking for the exact bag online - any luck?

ETA - I should clarify that I'm wondering if the lower right corner is a hook for a strap to attach to. I never knew how hard it was to describe things on bags until now!
A patch would require stitching, though, and you don't usually want unnecessary stitching on a dry bag, since every time the needle on the sewing machine drops, it leaves a hole. Then, you have a bag with holes..... They use seam tape to cover holes on seams to make the bag waterproof, but, really, you don't want to have random stitched features on a dry bag.
If there is some kind of patch there, there's no way the contents of the bag stayed dry. IMO.

PS I suppose a patch could be welded on, but why? Anything you attach to it would tug at the fabric, and create weakness in the bag.

I paused the video, took a screen shot and then blew the screen shot up - it's so unclear but it does look like a torso from neck to buttocks, belly side down. I can. not figure out how to attach a photo here though.

I hope this is ok to post.
I'm thinking if that's anything related to Brian it is his hiking pack laid on its back with the waiststraps out on the lower sides... I mean if people are saying that is a body, with flesh still, well this would get even stranger as the body wouldn't be any where near a month old...

I feel anyone over the age of maybe 9 or so knows that if you find evidence, not to touch it! I find this a really baffling thing to do on their part.
My only relief is knowing that the bag likely doesn't hold much value so far as forensics, anyway. At least if the remains do turn out to be BL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong