Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish there was a separate thread to discuss BL's interest in LULLABY. It's odd, but I don't think others want to have to scroll past it.
But yes, strange.
I've always wondered, if some day I'm accused of murder, what in the world the investigators would think of my searching and posting history, and that I watch Forensic files more than any other TV show.

BL had a choice in his death, if it is indeed him. He had a chance to say goodbye to his parents. He got to do whatever he wanted. HE HAD CHOICES! He had a hand in his death. Gabby did not. Gabby had to fight off someone she loved and trusted. She was not offered the chance or opportunity to say goodbye to anyone and it was NOT HER CHOICE TO DIE! <modsnip> MOO
THANK YOU. You said it better than I could.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paused the video, took a screen shot and then blew the screen shot up - it's so unclear but it does look like a torso from neck to buttocks, belly side down. I can. not figure out how to attach a photo here though.

I hope this is ok to post.
Like the other poster mentioned. That might be a backpack or something attached to his/her back.

Or, they could have just been very aware of the cameras focused on them?

True.

But they always seems to me (imo) rushed and huddled and secretive.

What do they have to hide?

If this were a Shakespeare play (and l feel l can say this as l am a stage actor) - they have written themselves in as the antagonists…

And this directly affects the case.

Fair trial etc …

jmo

Last edited:
I tend to think that BL would want to leave a story, or fable, aggrandizing himself. I can totally see him putting the stuff in a tree that would never be flooded. But I'm still not convinced he was in there the whole time. Maybe once we see a TOD, if possible. Somehow the parents knew where to look, and to get the stuff and get away before turning it over to the LE. I wonder how much the reporter(s) saw of them actually finding the items on the ground. IMO

And I'd like to hear more about the firearm that was referred to earlier when he first was reported missing, after 4-5 days.
How close to his body were the items they found?

After today's discovery, I'm wondering how much the Laundries did cooperate with LE. I thought BL was on the Appellation Trail and couldn't understand why all the focus and money was spent on the searches at the Reserve. Now, I suspect the Laundries were honest about where BL went and kept insisting to LE that he was there so they kept on with the search.

I can think of several stories BL could have spun to get his parents to stay silent. I can also think of several things he could have said to get them to not take calls from GP's parents. Until the FBI names them as part of any investigation, I'm holding out judgement on them until remains are identified and time of death is given.

I paused the video, took a screen shot and then blew the screen shot up - it's so unclear but it does look like a torso from neck to buttocks, belly side down. I can. not figure out how to attach a photo here though.

It does seem like that, but I'd imagine there'd be further decomp due to the environment it was found in. Hmmm.

Yes, I see that. At the beginning of the video. Later the tree hides it.
Looks like a white box with 2 white large To Go coffee cups right in front of it. I think what I believe are coffee cups are what the OP is thinking buttocks are. If I'm wrong, and that is indeed BLs torso and buttocks... he needed to get into the sun more. lol

I agree! It even looks to have a skin color contrasting against the white sheet.

If you look closely, there's a black object on the table (0:20), i believe it is a mobile phone. The man sitting on the left corner of the tent grabs it (0:24)and puts it on his pocket (0:28). I highly doubt that's a torso or human remains.

MOO JMO

ETA: Link and timestamps

My questions about what happened today go more toward why they would handle what was obviously going to be evidence. The park was open, so it would seem to me they were free to go there...no?

The handling of evidence for 20-30 minutes, searching on their own without LE, quickly finding the evidence, makes me think they knew where he was, that they had not heard from him and wanted to get to the scene first maybe to take something before LE saw it.
MO

I paused the video, took a screen shot and then blew the screen shot up - it's so unclear but it does look like a torso from neck to buttocks, belly side down. Edit: figured out how to add the pic.

I think it's something else. It' not even splayed out across the center of the table.

Imagine that. The people who knew him best, who knew what types of areas he would like, who probably told LE exactly where to look, who were the first into the area after the water receded, were the people to find the articles. How could that be possible. ahh, I see, they have been keeping his stuff hidden in the raised garden box out back to get it weathered and then mailed it to an accomplice to hide in the swamp, so they can then, dah dah dah, find his dead body. I don't see the risk of prison being enough to do that.

So what dastardly scheme are you proposing that fits your skepticism?
Skepticism has served me well for many a long year. I recommend it..

People do strange things all the time. Brian did a very strange thing. This whole event is riddled with some of the strangest activities and oddest people you could point a stick at. The mobster who raised his head to tell us that being in prison extended his educational facilities, the strangely lethargic Moab police , the incredible hero of Moab who rang in about what he saw that so disturbed him, oh I could go on but you get my drift.,

That you don't see the risk of prison to do 'that' is fine by me. I see it differently. .. perhaps not in the scenario you suggest, but again, I underline, people do strange things ordinarily but under pressure people begin to do stuff that even seems extremely strange to themselves, much less others.

Never underestimate the lengths some people can , and will go. There are no limits, when the chips are down.

Not good. Maybe it's because this whole case has been a circus but something tells me this is far from over. IMO
i dont understand what it matters if the officer was there when they picked it up or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23