Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both sides are too extreme, IMHO. Those who seem to wish to grant them sainthood and those demonizing them. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Jmo
haven't seen a lot of Sainthood talk. I think they were dealt an impossible hand (one that none of us know the full story on at this point) and are now dealing with a tremendous sadness, as is the Petito family. To imagine all these scenarios where they are actively aiding in his criminal acts is pretty gross

They seem so sure it is him that it makes me wonder just how intact are the remains? Jmo

Could also be a case of no other missing persons fitting the description of what they found. Add that, the location, items found, amount of time remains were exposed to elements, etc., and they can make a pretty good guess.

“The problem is people don’t understand that dogs are not body finders, they are odor hunters,” Hadsell, who wasn’t involved in the search for Laundrie but has assisted in searches at the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park, said.

“They chase the odor of human remains, and the problem is that there are times when odor is not making the best presentation,” he continued.

“In this case, the search conditions that they were in initially were really bad, so the probability was more in the 20 percent success rate because there was water in that area.”

But now that the area is dry and there is some breeze, Hadsell said it makes for “good sense cones” that “dogs can detect.”
Brian Laundrie case: Cadaver dogs may find more remains, experts say
I’m going to try to see if I can find the clip I previously talked about from Ashleigh Banfield’s show last night. I posted about it right before they closed the thread. It was about her conversation with the Pasco County Sherriff’s Office about their dogs - specifically one named Diesel who was out there searching. It wasn’t a long in depth interview. Just her mentioning it to Brian Entin talking about Diesel & how good he was. I’ll try to find the clip, if I can’t find it, I’ll try to transcribe it! Like I said, not in depth, but I thought the couple tidbits she gave about Diesel were interesting. IMO.

the dry bag could be in the backpack to be carried because it rolls up and you take it out when you go near water hiking or in a boat. That said I find it strange that the dry bag was in a total different spot than the backpack and remains. why I'm suspicious that the dry bag was a dropoff by parents earlier for brian that he never made it to. they knew where it was, they picked it up, ruling out their fingerprints from earlier.
Unless an animal carried off the backpack or the dry bag don't see why they would be separated.
Out of interest, IYO when did they drop this bag off?

First time posting over in this section. I've been reading the threads since GP disappeared. Just wanted to say, I am sheepish to say anything, but really appreciate all of the info on these threads, and everything the mods have been doing. Hard work!

IMO, if the remains turn out to be BL, I think maybe he was there for a little while, at least long enough to possibly write in that notebook. I think he had it there for a reason, if it's him. Would be interesting to know what he wrote about, if it was about GP, personal responsibility (or not), or some sort of manifesto having to do with the environment, etc.

All MOO. I personally do feel badly for anyone connected to this situation. It is sad, and tragic, IMO.

Couple of observations from watching the SB/Cuomo interview for the 4th time:

1) The dry bag - SB says that it was found by CL and handed off to LE, why then in this pic is RL holding the bag? As many have noticed gloveless... now we have multiple hands on it when allegedly his client didn't want to touch it in the first place?

2) Also SB said that LE was going in and out of the trails like CL (and not far behind them) and it was shown by some media outlets. The only video I have seen that shows CL going into the brambles I see no LE with him.. just RL on the main trail. If LE was not that far away, then why would they have to hold the item and walk away with it, vs just staying put and calling them over, etc.

( I cant find the original video but think its at this link - shows them walking by themselves before they find anything...I will keep looking)
EXCLUSIVE: Moments after Laundrie's parents discovered items possibly belonging to fugitive son | Fox News Video

3) SB said that the parents filled out the missing persons report on BL after the FBI showed up on the 17th.... the way he says it makes it seem like had the FBI not shown up to check out a "tip" they received that would not have been done.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    174.9 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
And because they chose not to speak publicly they were crucified by the public, including here. There's probably 40 threads beating up on them for not coming forward.

The only mistake I see them as making was not contacting Gabby's family at any point after September 1st when BL showed up with Gabby's van. That was a HUGE mistake and the Laundries have the rest of their lives to punish themselves for it. They owed nothing to the public, but the family they absolutely should have....
If they had spoken up on sept 1 perhaps Brian would have been taken into custody and would still be alive. jmo

anyone notice when the L’s were on the trail with LE after finding the bag, The Officer was showing them something on, IMO, a phone perhaps? (RL and CL had their backs to whoever was recording.) RL, with her hands tightly holding the bag they found, CL leans in a little closer to look at what the Officer was presenting and then it’s a moment. A brief moment. But RL reaches her hand up to CL faces and appears to wipe something off his cheek and then her hand drops to wipe it on her shirt. Eyelash or tear? Whatever he was showing to the L’s and that quick tear wipe (it’s a mom wipe as I call it, with my own kids), this was a heavy moment for CL. MOO.

my first post here. Sorry if it’s a bit confusing! I’ll get there!
The officer showed them a picture of the backpack

Here's the thing. Why would his parents stage evidence or a dead body? If he's dead, he no longer has any Constitutional rights. The FBI and the feds will put together their version of the facts and it will be published by the media and accepted as true by everyone.

Can you think of a worse outcome for the parents? Their son is dead, their future daughter-in-law is dead, their son is an alleged murderer, their son does not have an opportunity to "explain" what happened (if there's an explanation), and they don't even have a whole body to bury - they are collecting "partial remains" from a swamp.

But people think this was their plan? You have to extend your idea to the conclusion to evaluate it. Dad brings his son's rotting head to the swamp and the FBI tailing the family for a month seem to miss it so dad can plant it along with a dry bag and say "ah ha!"

What does that get Dad? I am not seeing why these ideas make sense.

If his parents were in on it, they would have sent him to a foreign country on 9/1 and had the van stripped for scrap metal. Instead they sat there like idiots making smores with the van in their driveway? What's the rational answer here? *whispers* they weren't involved, they just hired a lawyer who doesn't understand optics.
People can find it very difficult to give up their preconceived ideas, the evidence doesn't have to make sense if it supports their beliefs.
When the parents were included in the search I immediately imagined the insanity that would insue online if they found anything, now here we are.
Mob think in the internet true crime community.

Wow! If this is BL, he may of just passed? That’s why dogs didn’t smell death?Did his parents know where he was all this time? Wonder if they will find hidden stash of supplies too? MOO
Maybe they used a radio, not a phone? The parents would only have had to drive to a designated spot close enough to talk.

The Mustang was towed from the Laundries driveway. It was towed the same day as the FBI raided the Laundrie home. I watched it live the day it happened. jmo

Did they actually "raid" the home, or did they just execute the search warrant. I'd be surprised if it was a raid, but I didn't see it live, so...

the dry bag could be in the backpack to be carried because it rolls up and you take it out when you go near water hiking or in a boat. That said I find it strange that the dry bag was in a total different spot than the backpack and remains. why I'm suspicious that the dry bag was a dropoff by parents earlier for brian that he never made it to. they knew where it was, they picked it up, ruling out their fingerprints from earlier.
Unless an animal carried off the backpack or the dry bag don't see why they would be separated.
Water was moving objects too. Weather would have moved objects.. He found it in a patch of briars.

I may have missed this - there's been a lot to try to keep up with in the past 24 hours - but, what do we think the dark colored object was that CL placed in the white bag? We now know that the backpack was recovered by LE and the notebook was inside the backpack. That leaves the dark object that is partially poking out of the hole at the bottom right corner of the white dry bag, and was recovered by CL. Are we back to speculating it could have been a weapon? Wouldn't the FBI have mentioned that? MOO

Maybe it's the tattoos
See, I don't see them being as confident as when GP was found, they made the initial ID pretty quickly. The only evidence that leads, at least me as the public, to be him is the items found and the location. So, not meaning to be graphic, but to me, it sounds like the remains are not easy to identify as to who it is and they will be relying on scientific evaluation instead. Which leaves the door open to all of the alternative scenarios.
With the way this case has gone, it's hard not to head down that alternative rabbit hole. I am not one for conspiracy theories at all but this leaves so many holes and suspicions on the table that it's hard not to let my mind wander that way.

On a different note, I watched Polly Klaas's father last night and he said that if he is indeed dead, that is the 'easiest' justice for the Ps/Ss. Because he will no longer be a subject of discussion and they will not have to go for years in the legal system with all of the reopening of the emotional wounds over and over. There is no such thing as closure when you have lost a loved one in such a violent way but this allows you to heal without starting all over again. Samantha Runyon's mother was on too and she agreed. I just can't even imagine but as much as we all want to see BL face justice for what he's done, at this point, the Ps/Ss deserve to be able to start healing..... And GPs foundation will go on to do amazing things.

That wasn't a mistake. That was a CHOICE. And a bad one. MOO

A choice a mistake not sure what the difference is knowing now they weren't lying. It was a mistake on the Laundries part to ignore the parents or to not reach out to the Petito's. Of course it was a choice, but its a mistake they made. I never said it was a choice or not a choice, so it's confusing why you pointed that out from my comment about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88