Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it a crime what these so called protestors are doing now?

they are begging for food deliveries and donations to keep the protest going

seems really wrong to me, they say we're here for Gabby and the Petito family

well then why do you need food deliveries and donations, shouldn't you just be doing it out of the goodness of your heart?

It's a pretty large question to just "ignore". If they really thought that, they would have had no problem saying that to GP's parents. The unanswered texts/calls when someone's child is missing is pretty cold.
those calls/texts were not coming in on 9/1, and thus far what we know is CL says she never received them.

Why would authorities be fingerprinting the bag found yesterday? It is useful in that it might indicate where BL, a missing person, is. His parents have identified it as his bag. The remains found nearby are undergoing testing to determine the identity. I just don't see why any of the belongings would be fingerprinted at all and why it would matter if the Ls fingerprints are there too. Edit: MOO

BBM
It's evidence found in a criminal investigation.

Depends. I sometimes remove all air from it because it creates space. Many times we're using it simply as a backup and throwing it in a duffle bag, etc...with zero concerns about it's floating capability.
Yes. And there are basically 2 kinds of dry bags. The ones for boating that can be submerged, and the ones that are put in something else like a backpack. The latter are okay if you drop them in a puddle and fish them out ASAP, but you wouldn’t want to have them on the floor of a kayak while you’re paddling around. And if you tipped? Good luck!

How so? He could have told them almost anything (she's there with a friend, i dropped her off at X, we broke up and she's traveling with s0-and-so, etc). There is no evidence we've been presented with that indicates they were aware of anything going awry.
I understand your point. However, I respectfully beg to differ just slightly. Lol. I’m not saying that just the fact of BL showing up at home with the van & no Gabby should have indicated to them immediately that anything had gone awry. Like you said, BL could have told them any innocent story. However, it does beg the question being asked, “Where is Gabby?” [insert whatever story BL told them here]. Now…where I have an issue is not the many phone calls from Gabby’s parents - I don’t like it, & I personally believe that it should have been an indicator after multiple phone calls, but I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt with the phone calls for this point. My issue is the texts. NS said she also sent text messages. As soon as they read a text saying anything to the effect of hey we don’t know where Gabby is, we are trying to find her, we’re worried sick, is Brian okay, etc. That should have been an indicator that hey maybe we oughta call & see what’s up. That’s purely JMO - I don’t think they get a pass on not calling Gabby’s parents. You don’t ever know what someone wants when they make a phone call. However, when they follow up with texts in writing telling you what they’re calling about, & you still don’t return a call or text…IMO that makes it deliberate & intentional. All JMO of course. :)

It's not a competition. If you have compassion/empathy then you don't weigh it against who deserves it more.

It's sad and tragic for everyone involved.

The Laundrie's AFAIK didn't kill Gabby. Right or wrong they were trying to protect their son. It's not black and white. Nothing ever is.

I'm not going to judge them based on wild speculation. No one knows if or how much they were involved in Brian's disappearance. It's not a case of defending them, it's a case of not knowing the full facts.
But I do have sympathy for them. As a parent myself I can not imagine the pain of losing a child for any reason, be it suicide or murder or medical reasons.
That does not change my OPINION on how they have treated Gabby's family. Nothing anyone says ever will. It was so very wrong and heartless, IMHO.
As far as their decisions about possibly assisting their fugitive son in evading the law, they have to live with that, and I am trying not to judge them because I think a good deal of fault goes to their attorney for giving them possibly unwise council. SB certainly did not try, IMHO, to make his client's seem sympathetic and he easily could have, again, IMHO.

Good Morning WS Buds!
Well, the one thing we know for sure this morning is that the Petito family received their daughter back home in a box big enough to hold a pair of shoes. We know they don't fully understand why. We know their hearts are forever burdened with their loss. We know they're working out their grief trying to educate young people about how to develop healthy relationships.
On the flip side...SNAFU.
But hey...I'm still wondering why there weren't any relatives from the paternal side of Caylee Anthony's family at "the trial of the century".
Taking the bleacher seats today like most everyone else...
MOOing...as usual.

I was wondering if it could be pencil if he draws, would pencil last longer than ink, I’m not sure I’d like to know though. IMO
Somewhere on WS, I saw photos posted of BL with a green notebook (sketchbook)? And on top of the notebook were some Micron pens/markers. I immediately recognized them because I’m an artist and I use them. They’re pigmented, permanent (considered archival) and waterproof. There’s no way at this time to know if he took any of those to the reserve or used them in whatever notebook they found in his belongings at the reserve, but it did give me a little hope that whatever is in that notebook is somewhat salvageable. IMOO

Exactly. I was thinking about all of the couples I know that are/were that age and similar relationship status - totally together but sort of engaged-ish. If one of those couples went off on a long-term tour, living in a van, and the dude returns with a simple story ("I gave her some 'girl time' with her friends, and figured I'd load up on supplies and do some work on the van,") I can guarantee that my first thought isn't going to be "oh, dear, he killed her." I'm guessing that Brian used a similar story, and after the De Soto trip, his parents were like "shouldn't you be heading back out West?" That is probably when things started to feel "off."

This is the most and only logical conclusion. In my early 20s I broke up with a boyfriend while on vacation. Now I'm disappointed that no one in my life thought I killed him. He was real salty about it and decided to go to Berlin for a while. And still, no one thought I killed him.

ETA: If it wasn't clear, I didn't kill him.

Last edited:
How so? He could have told them almost anything (she's there with a friend, i dropped her off at X, we broke up and she's traveling with s0-and-so, etc). There is no evidence we've been presented with that indicates they were aware of anything going awry.

Excuse me, WebSleuths is not a fanclub forum for this or that individual involved in a crime. It is a forum to investigate facts, to go in-depth into complicated cases and to try and help (or, at the least (and in reality), play along) with the investigative process.

That you have an emotional attachment to one of the families is fine. That's understandable. It's very common. But this is not the forum to lash out at anyone who addresses facts that upset your emotional attachments.

The FACT is that the family -- to our knowledge -- had no reason to think something bad had happened to Gabby on 9/1. Her OWN FAMILY hadn't even started worrying at that time.

If you are upset by the discussion of case facts, maybe WS is the wrong place for you.

And something else I haven't seem mentioned - when the kids decided to go off and live in a van for months, it seems that all of the families involved would need to learn to adjust to that new reality. Eventually it would be impossible to keep worrying, every few hours, wondering if they reached their next rest stop. For the sake of sanity, it seems they would have to start looking at this like G and B moved to California for work. In other words, they wouldn't have been thinking about them, everyday, as wandering around strange and potentially dangerous places in a van. Brian coming home, with or without the van and/or G wouldn't have seemed any stranger than me or my wife going home, alone, on a visit. He was just "in from out of town."

Gabby used to 'journal'. I suspect BL did too but that his journal was inadvertently called a notebook which has caused some confusion.
I use notebooks for journals unless I’m using a computer app.
I think i
BL wouldn’t have had a laptop with him unless he planned for an extensive stay and had a way to keep it going.

Good Morning WS Buds!
Well, the one thing we know for sure this morning is that the Petito family received their daughter back home in a box big enough to hold a pair of shoes. We know they don't fully understand why. We know their hearts are forever burdened with their loss. We know they're working out their grief trying to educate young people about how to develop healthy relationships.
On the flip side...SNAFU.
But hey...I'm still wondering why there weren't any relatives from the paternal side of Caylee Anthony's family at "the trial of the century".
Taking the bleacher seats today like most everyone else...
MOOing...as usual.

I believe they had her remains cremated.

During decomposition the human body eventually begins a process of disarticulation which means the limbs will become disconnected from the body piece by piece.

Death, decay and disarticulation: Modelling the skeletal taphonomy of marine reptiles demonstrated using Serpianosaurus (Reptilia; Sauropterygia) - ScienceDirect

Disarticulation - Wikipedia
Yes thank you! You’re right. I was talking about the internal structure of bones, as opposed to the whole body—human bones have different structure inside each bone, as compared to other animals. Also thank you for telling me who Deisel is!

is it a crime what these so called protestors are doing now?

they are begging for food deliveries and donations to keep the protest going

seems really wrong to me, they say we're here for Gabby and the Petito family

well then why do you need food deliveries and donations, shouldn't you just be doing it out of the goodness of your heart?
Omg are they STILL there?!

So Florida Sheriffs cant find a body less than a mile from the the "last seen" and in a location they were told to look.
All those cop dollars and billables churning for stones and hanging out a crossroads, blundering around in swamp buggies and:

1. They didn't know when Laundry left his parents home.
2. Not one deputy accompanied the
Laundrie's as they searched ay their own request?

That county needs a new sheriff and probably half a department of deputies.

Actully no wonder BL took the bag, he had to go FIND a deputy.

Actually, they don’t float unless you want them to. And if you have something heavy in it? It’s going to sink.

At first, I thought there was definitely a hole there—stitches make something leaky (think needle holes), so the odds were there couldn’t be a black patch—but it seems there was possibly a black patch. This wouldn’t be my first choice to buy if I wanted a dry dry bag, but it’s possible that patch was welded on, though I don’t think so because of its location.
Seam tape is used to cover stitched seams. On high end items (including boating dry bags that will be submerged), you will often see welding, not stitching.
Pro tip: if you have raingear or are thinking about buying some and want to know if it’s actually waterproof, look inside at the seams. They will be taped if the raingear is waterproof.

What I think was most odd about BL’s white bag is that it seems to have been open. If it held a laptop, that would be strange, too. The only reason for a laptop, with no wifi in a swamp, would be if you planned to leave the area.
But why was the white bag open?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...b&pd_rd_w=kYivk&pd_rd_wg=L1kl3&ref_=pd_gw_unk

Could CL have opened it and looked inside when he picked it up? I haven't read anything about what he did besides eventually handing it to LE. IMO.

The people who say Brian had no guilt or remorse or was a raging sociopath or serial killer or was evil personified, I just don’t see it. I see an insecure dweeb who is probably very sensitive and easily offended. and In my mind everything he did since the murder screamed that he knew he made the ultimate mistake and there was no way out.

Agreed, <modsnip> It's ok to be young, a dweeb, easily offended but the average person doesn't fly into a murderous rage that indicts something far out of the norm. But I'll leave that to the expert/professionals.
But could be used as a cautionary tale/warning for young couples to look out for fits of rage. It may save the next young woman's life.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the most and only logical conclusion. In my early 20s I broke up with a boyfriend while on vacation. Now I'm disappointed that no one in my life thought I killed him. He was real salty about it and decided to go to Berlin for a while. And still, no one thought I killed him.
:D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member