Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #73

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially so as the remains and belongings were found exactly where the Ls said was the most likely place to search!
It looks like LE didn't take them seriously.
Add in the 2 LEOs who joined the Ls yesterday morning but didn't follow the best practices or protocols on handing evidence!
So the Laundrie's were left to (at least temporarily) wander and touch evidence in the reserve without LEO supervision...
I truly think the 2 LEOs had just found human remains at the exact same time CL found the dry bag. That's why we don't see all four people together. IMHO the LEOs were tracking the Laundrie's closely until that moment they were temporarily separated.

I cant.even begin. To tell u how.much rain we had this summer!
Everyday it.rained. And rained a lot! The ground is saturated there is no where for the rain to go so.it.floods till the rains stop.
Were there any flash floods in the area? Are there flash floods when the rain gets heavy?

Thing is, if that is BL's body and it does look that way at the moment, subject to change at any second, there will never be justice for Gabby now.
When that reality hits the protesters I've no idea how they will behave.
I dislike them intensely and I don't believe they're doing it for an idealistic place, more like attention seeking, BUT they have a right to be there.
I think it's likely they that genuine protesters are reluctant to share space with this lot. Noisy!
Gabby won't get justice as we understand it.
That is a heart breaking fact that makes my heart sink and I get very tired very quickly.

There's no winners.
Another murder that received no catharsis.
I'm trying to see positives and I know the rhetoric and her legacy and all of that but-NO JUSTICE.
JMO, MOO

True, but what does justice for gabby look like? Prison for the rest of his life? The death penalty? Nothing will bring her back. Nothing will erase the panic she was in when she got strangled. The pain her loved ones are in right now and will be the rest of their lifes. I agree there are no winners and never will be. Just extreme sadness.

So that presser lol. This is what it seemed like to me. Daddy FBI was on scene yesterday, they took over the press conference (which…understandable bc they are the lead here), & local LE didn’t get to speak. & basically they waited until the FBI head honchos left & held their own presser lol haha! That’s JMO & what it seemed like to me. Literally that was a presser just to say hey…thanks to all our guys out there they’ve been working hard. K bye. Not saying the thank you isn’t deserved, but that’s really all it was. An update, minus an update, plus a thank you. JMO.
Generally the congratulatory, pats on the back to LE are held when the case is closed, not mid investigation!
I think the "thanks to all agencies that worked so hard on this case" is a bit premature.
I agree with the posters who think that local LEs are receiving tons of criticism.
And I do believe the searchers have worked extremely hard in harsh conditions.
That presser was just weird.
jmho

Would the lack of gloves be because the park was open, so anyone could come across the evidence and this wasn’t an official search. I do think gloves should have been used in case somehow BL was murdered (not what I personally think but a possibility) but perhaps because the park was open to the public it might explain why LE didn’t make the L’s wear gloves. JMO

A press conference from law enforcement that was self congratulatory, took no questions and gave no new information. The bizarreness around this case is consistent.
Is bizarreness a word?
If not this case will turn it into one. Bizarre, odd, strange, mind boggling. Those are a few descriptors that come to mind. The oddest thing to me was LE allowing CL to go into the search area. Jmo

I believe he was mortified by what he had done, and took his own life. Does anyone recall this post that was posted on his Facebook page just before it became private, around September 23? moo
Under no circumstances do I offer any iota of justification for his behaviors - what we know for sure and what we are speculating. I think you are right about this. IF his parents did not know what was happening he has now victimized them as well. Of course, his actions kind of did anyway. I’m not sure what to think about them. I do wish the protesters would just stop now. They are a distraction. I wish Gabby’s family and friends can get some peace.

What if Brian was murdered?

That would be very ironic, to say the least. Jmo

I've thought the same and got points for posting the thought since someone hasn't been labeled a POI yet. But sometimes when people have a rabid dog, they put it down themselves instead of the vet. Just sayin. IMOO.

This is the largest profile case I've ever followed on WS--have their been protesters before, in other cases? Or is this something new & maybe related to SM? I haven't commented about the protesters before because I'm in Canada & know the 1st amendment is a big deal etc., but I do really think the media should at least stop featuring them by now, I think it's only encouraging them.

That presser just now was super cringing. I feel like this was not the moment for it and it could be included with a presser with actual info. Jmo

I agree. Usually there are introductions and then the various thanks and accolades for those involved in the process. It's also usually done in conjunction with a true update on a case. JMO

what gives you the impression they had any reason to "speak up" on 9/1?

If they should have spoken up to anyone it was Gabby’s parents. They should have told her parents that BL arrived home with the van and that Gabby was not with him. Maybe the Ls didn’t know why at first but they knew that the van was in their driveway, BL was home, and Gabby was not. For whatever reason, they didn’t bother to answer calls and texts.

Those actions were cruel.

Totally ghosting her family makes it appear they knew exactly what had happened and did not want to speak. I personally believe that is true, why else would they feel the need to hire an attorney so early?

jmo

I've thought the same and got points for posting the thought since someone hasn't been labeled a POI yet. But sometimes when people have a rabid dog, they put it down themselves instead of the vet. Just sayin. IMOO.
It would be very odd, right? But this case has been the definition of odd. Jmo

Generally the congratulatory, pats on the back to LE are held when the case is closed, not mid investigation!
I think the "thanks to all agencies that worked so hard on this case" is a bit premature.
I agree with the posters who think that local LEs are receiving tons of criticism.
And I do believe the searchers have worked extremely hard in harsh conditions.
That presser was just weird.
jmho

But it does, without coming out and saying it, confirm that it was BL's remains that were found.

How does a guy go from (allegedly) manually strangling his fiance in a national park, to having a happy (smiling) family smoresfest, to crouching in the bushes at a gator buffet, to being hidden from an army of trained searchers, to being found in pieces with a smattering of hiking gear - by his parents?
THIS cause of death (if it is Brian) is going to be very interesting. IF its ever determined at all.
The articles found near the body (as reported) don't indicate being prepared for an extended stay.
So, he goes from (alleged) murderer to happy camper to under-equipped fugitive camper.
Nah. This doesn't add up at all.
JMHO

So that presser lol. This is what it seemed like to me. Daddy FBI was on scene yesterday, they took over the press conference (which…understandable bc they are the lead here), & local LE didn’t get to speak. & basically they waited until the FBI head honchos left & held their own presser lol haha! That’s JMO & what it seemed like to me. Literally that was a presser just to say hey…thanks to all our guys out there they’ve been working hard. K bye. Not saying the thank you isn’t deserved, but that’s really all it was. An update, minus an update, plus a thank you. JMO.

The Brian Entin twitter replies are a blast.

Some are even asking: if the Laundries hadn't gone, would any of this ever been found.

Excellent point, IMO. I'm an artist too, and writer. I may not be good, but what I do means something to me. If BL fancied himself an artist, IMO, perhaps what he did would be important to him--even if nobody else cared for it, and by extension, what he put in that notebook. It could be filled with nonsense, it could be filled with "artwork," it could be filled with confessions, or pseudo-justifications, anything. It may not help this case, legally, or not--it probably will not give closure. But, perhaps it can help others in LE or related fields in the future understand possible state of mind, or help some way in other cases in the future. In all these sad events, I would at least hope for that. All MOO.
I get the feeling the notebook is a sort of security blanket for BL. I think he carries it around with him by default, the way most people carry their wallet or phone -- because whether you specifically plan to need it in the next few moments, you might, so you make sure to have it with you just in case. I suspect he used it to process feelings as well as to pass the time, whether drawing or writing. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong