Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
was interesting in how dad just left the large trail to go through some tall grass. like he almost knew where he might find something. plus, maybe if it is brian they will give an early manner of death like with gabby , that might help fill in some blanks. i suppose they'll be big question marks if manner is homicide for brian also.

Yesterday morning, in extreme pain, I posted "Good morning all".
I contemplated posting more but just did not have it in me.
At 11:00 am my tooth was pulled & for the next 24 hours, I've been down for the count.

In that time, as Murphy's Law would have it... Schit hit the fan.

Noon today & 4 threads later... I'm reading the very probable outcome as to BL's whereabouts & that he will, in all probability, not be held accountable.

Perhaps I'll just wait till the cold of winter to sit down next to my fireplace and go through the entire Gabriel Petito thread... like it were an old mystery novel I've been meaning to get to but haven't bothered because...

I wanted him alive.

Hope you are feeling better now ctmom.

Yesterday, it was reported only one time and I’ve looked back for the quote and the source but can’t locate it in the sea of statements and reports yesterday, so take it for what it’s worth: my memory of reading that one of the objects the LE asked BL’s parents to identify was a ‘necklace’, which it was said they confirmed as to Brian having one like it. ——- I have no idea if this is accurate and if it has or has not been confirmed. But if true, that could lead LE to surmise it very well could belong to BL and that the other items and body parts are worthy of further testing for confirmation.
In this video you can hear the officer holding what sounds to be a necklace & asking the Laundries if it’s consistent with what Brian wore. After Roberta says yes, the officer says they may have found something & tells them to go home for the night.
Fox News Digital reports new details on Brian Laundrie search

was interesting in how dad just left the large trail to go through some tall grass. like he almost knew where he might find something. plus, maybe if it is brian they will give an early manner of death like with gabby , that might help fill in some blanks. i suppose they'll be big question marks if manner is homicide for brian also.
That's a strong reason why I felt they have either camped here before or worse, knew that he was at that location.

I don't believe in the "happenstance" statement

What an absolute waste. He took her life and then ended his own.

To go out without telling others what he did and why was cowardice.
To me, everything points to Gabby telling him she wanted to end things. I can’t imagine anything else which would have caused this. Sadly, it wasn’t a safe time or place for her to do this.

I believe BL was mortified by what he had done, and took his own life. I don't think he felt remorse as much as shame, and an inability to be seen as a good person in the eyes of others after what he had done. MOO

IMO suicide can be an expression of many things. Remorse, shame, mental pain, self loathing, and self punishment. It might also have been viewed by the deceased as a means of sparing others pain. IMO.

The really sick thing here is that his parents must have known when he left that he was either escaping or going to kill himself; and they really did nothing to prevent either.

That is pure speculation and most likely false. He said he was going for a hike. Why would that throw up giant red flags? He had been with them for almost 2 weeks by then. Can you even say for certain this is the first time he went hiking?

I get this but a bad break up would work as a story until the texts that said I am going to call the police etc and why get a lawyer before the texts had even started ? MOO
bbm
This ^^^

We won't know unless LE say something and they're still being tight-lipped.
This case has undercurrents that make a person uneasy.
Imo.

BBM

The bag itself and its contents are considered evidence. I'm not clear on why you think there's no additional evidence in the bag or why you think out-of-state evidence is unlikely and therefore protocols can be ignored.

IMO it's general knowledge that evidence of a crime can be found anywhere and in another location be it city, state, or country. (Even in a swamp in Florida.) The law recognizes this.

Especially when the wanted person is believed to be near, and recently handled the evidence.

It's unusual for LE to drop crucial protocol just because it's an out-of-state crime.

MOO
It is pretty strange.
The former Assistant Director of te FBI was interviewed on Fox this morning. He was appalled and said no way would FBI have allowed that to happen.
Like, in no uncertain way.
This thing seems to repeat segments so you might get to hear him

I would think the backpack and remains, (assuming they are sufficient to have some weight) would have been less likely to move around during the high water than the dry bag would have.

(While I now agree that the dry bag did probably have a hole at the bottom, I think it's possible the hole developed only after weeks in the water, or even by animal contact.)

Meaning I think the intact dry bag floated away from the body and backpack, not the other way around.

Meaning that I can't see how the randomly-floated-to location of the dry bag would have been "BL's favorite place which the parents knew and went straight to".

MOO
rising water in swamps doesn't necessarily mean current. And there remains a lot of grass, trees, and so forth that would prevent something from going particularly far in most cases. It sounds to me like the parents had a good idea where he might go, and they were right.

The really sick thing here is that his parents must have known when he left that he was either escaping or going to kill himself; and they really did nothing to prevent either.

One of the shocking things to come out of SB's interview with Chris Cuomo yesterday was that the Laundries through SB reported BL missing to the FBI on the Monday that BL went hiking when he didn't come home. The FBI knew he was gone! The FBI knew the parents were concerned and the FBI did nothing to search for him until the following Friday based on some random tip that BL had been seen in Tampa.

7:16 here: https://twitter.com/CuomoPrimeTime/status/1450995282062229506

How long does it take for DNA to be matched? They’ll expedite this, right?

I just want to hear them confirm it’s BL. Then, as soon as possible, how long has he been dead? Days, weeks?

HiYa, Boodles -- long time no "see"!! ;)
I certainly think the DNA matching, etc., would be expedited, and if it is, we should hear something within the next couple of days, surely.
Dunno how accurately the experts can tell how long he's been dead -- assuming all they have to work with is a few bones. OTOH, forensic sciences are very sophisticated now...
So we wait. We're used to waiting, we don't like to wait, but we're good at it, aren't we?!

dbm
What an absolute waste. He took her life and then ended his own.

To go out without telling others what he did and why was cowardice.
I would have ended it all if I were him. But it was really cruel to not explain to his loved ones why he was choosing to take his own life. He could have left a note to them and then killed himself immediately in their own back yard. They would know, we would know, G's family would know. And ultimately the sad case would be over. jmo

That's a strong reason why I felt they have either camped here before or worse, knew that he was at that location.

I don't believe in the "happenstance" statement

I believe CL and BL had hiked and or camped in this location otherwise it's completely odd he would go to that spot. On the other hand, maybe this spot was a location that BL said he would going to when he finally left his house. jm

How long does it take for DNA to be matched? They’ll expedite this, right?

I just want to hear them confirm it’s BL. Then, as soon as possible, how long has he been dead? Days, weeks?

I certainly think the DNA matching, etc., would be expedited, and if it is, we should hear something within the next couple of days, surely.
Dunno how accurately the experts can tell how long he's been dead -- assuming all they have to work with is a few bones. OTOH, forensic sciences are very sophisticated now...
So we wait. We're used to waiting, we don't like to wait, but we're good at it, aren't we?!

One of the shocking things to come out of SB's interview with Chris Cuomo yesterday was that the Laundries through SB reported BL missing to the FBI on the Monday that BL went hiking when he didn't come home. The FBI knew he was gone! The FBI knew the parents were concerned and the FBI did nothing to search for him until the following Friday based on some random tip that BL had been seen in Tampa.

7:16 here: https://twitter.com/CuomoPrimeTime/status/1450995282062229506
So why did NPPD say on 16th September that they knew where BL was?
And also the parents said they last saw him on the 14th and then changed that to the 13th when the mustang timeline was narrowed down.
Personally i don't believe a word that SB says, big pinch of salt needed with that statement imo

Last edited:
If he was has been killed by an animal attack we will never know, will we? Tooth markings on bones would not indicate whether it post mortem or COD?

I had read that the FBI had contacted them, but haven’t seen their response or any updates.
Thanks for this info., @SMK777 !
I do wonder what they're thinking ?
They probably want to wait until the remains are ID'd.
And even then... maybe they'd rather say nothing ?

They're still grieving a horrible loss of a daughter who's life was stolen.
Not an illness or an accident -- as terrible as that would also be.
But murder is different type of anguish, imo, and wouldn't there be an element of anger as well ?
And they still don't know the why's or anything at all.
A heavy burden to be forced to carry.
They must be grateful they have her earthly remains to lay to rest.
I was afraid she'd never be found.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members