Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, I am personally interested in what LE says, what the Laundries may say, what Gabby’s family says, or what forensics professionals say. I’m no longer prepared to accept what SB says as fact. JMO.
I agree totally. I said this elsewhere, but I am agnostic about the L's knowledge/role (if any) until LE says more about that, if they ever do. However, it is very hard to understand SB's continually changing comments about very significant things, such as:

- phone bought on 14th; then changed it to the 4th
- BL went missing on the 14th; then changed it to the 13th
- BL was reported missing on the 17th; now changed it to the 13th

He could have very well never said anything about any of this to reporters, but instead he either lied or made a series of errors. It is just so hard to take his word at face value, & not because I want to demonize the L's (I don't), but because of his own words & practices. JMO

I am in the camp of BL dying by suicide, given the totality of circumstances. Or maybe an alligator got him.

But what I'm puzzled about is why he had all this stuff with him. We'll never really know his state of mind unless there is a note or something, but maybe it points to him not being sure what he was going to do when he went there initially? JMOO I also wonder what he was doing when LE came to get the van on Saturday night (the 11th). Was he watching? Was he freaking out? Was he shut in his room? And what did he do that Sunday and until he took off on Monday? Maybe he was refusing to talk to his parents? The circumstances of him coming back with the van and GP's parents looking for her would be enough for an attorney to advise that they shouldn't talk to anybody, IMO.
Is the 11th the day the neighbors supposedly saw him dash down a back alley between fences (when they impounded the van)? So right - how did he spend the next day? Cool, calm and collected, or was there a LOT of discussion taking place in that house...

Maybe start by watching the traffic stop and paying close attention to her reactions and his. People who have suffered DV saw many of the signs. At least one of Gabby’s friends, Rose, has said he was very controlling. At least one coworker has said he had a terrible temper and became extremely jealous when she talked to another guy, inserting himself into the conversation and putting his arm around her in a protective way. There have been other reports by acquaintances along those lines.

Gabby herself showed officers how he grabbed her around the neck. One of the 911 calls, before they were stopped, reported he was chasing her down the street, and that he was slapping her. He locked her out of her own van and she was trying to get in through the window so that he wouldn’t leave her — he also had her phone.

The links to these events and conversations have been shared numerous times in the threads.

If you are looking for a diagnosis saying he was a controlling abuser you’re not going to get it.

MOO

BBM

The former co-worker from the landscaping business didn't describe BL's temper as "terrible." And he didn't say he got "extremely" jealous, just that he appeared to be jealous.

The article said:

"He said he never witnessed Laundrie being mean or abusive to his now-deceased former fiancée, 22-year-old Gabby Petito, but he did appear to be jealous if he spotted her talking to other guys."

"He never came across as the kind of person that would be the killing type," Michael Livingston, who said he worked with Laundrie, 23, in parts of 2017 and 2018, told Fox News Digital. "But he did have that tendency to be — I don’t wanna say the wrong thing and make him sound worse than he already is — he was kind of a guy who would get p---ed off pretty quick."

He did say he was weird because he did yoga, had clean hands, and used the word Zen. Hmmm.

JMO

Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper

moo..

I am obviously not referring to all suicides, please do not misconstrue my words. I am talking about two alleged DV killers, BL and FD, being cowards which MOO they are. They did not have the courage to stick around and see what justice looked like for their alleged victims. Had BL/FD avoided justice in any other way like hiding in mountains or fleeing the country I would describe their actions the same way, a cowardly way out.

As for the temper:
Brian Laundrie’s former co-worker remembers him as ‘chameleon’ and ‘weirdo’ who sometimes lost temper
Or, perhaps he killed himself over his guilt and remorse, didn't find himself fit to live after what he'd done? It could be either way and the truth is the public will probably never know.

I think there is plenty of room for both our interpretations.

I agree totally. I said this elsewhere, but I am agnostic about the L's knowledge/role (if any) until LE says more about that, if they ever do. However, it is very hard to understand SB's continually changing comments about very significant things, such as:

He could have very well never said anything about any of this to reporters, but instead he either lied or made a series of errors. It is just so hard to take his word at face value, & not because I want to demonize the L's (I don't), but because of his own words & practices. JMO
Right? But now he's pretty sure that the remains are BL. After less than one day.

As they are reporting that the area was underwater for weeks, I did a google search for "bodies discovered in water."

Decomposition Changes in Bodies Recovered from Water

*WARNING* Pictures of bodies recovered from water. Scrolling down to the very bottom there is a picture of a completely skeletonized body that had been in warm water just a few days.

IMO, Image #10 of the full skeletal remains with an explanation of how it happened makes sense to me adding birds and alligators.

From the link:

"Rapid skeletonization of remains may occur in bodies of water in tropical areas due to water temperature and carnivorous fish species. This individual reportedly went missing only a few days prior to recovery."

That last pic did it for me. Questions were being raised if it could be BL being as it was already skeletonized and that last pic showed it sure can be !
Whoa at the caption below that last pic. And it was skeletonized in only a few days! That means that BL may, or may not, have been dead a long time. It could have been as little as a few days. FL is warm so rapid skeletonization likely occurred. Swap 'carnivorous fish' in the quote below for gaters, wild cats, feral pigs, etc. I hope his parents are watching the Disney channel and staying OFF news sites, or any site that may have breaking news flashes. They don't need to be tormented like that.

Rapid skeletonization of remains may occur in bodies of water in tropical areas due to water temperature and carnivorous fish species. This individual reportedly went missing only a few days prior to recovery.

Source: Decomposition Changes in Bodies Recovered from Water

Oh no, I understand you perfectly (I think).

You're thinking this speaks to the unbecoming possessiveness that Brian's former coworkers have said Brian applied towards Gabby. As if he's peeing on his property.

(Am I close?)
It says to me Brian felt the need to alter his language when speaking with the police. And that he seemed very comfortable doing that at a moment's notice. He also felt the need to establish he and Gabby were in a loving, committed, typical relationship to the police before they asked too many questions.

It is pretty strange.
The former Assistant Director of te FBI was interviewed on Fox this morning. He was appalled and said no way would FBI have allowed that to happen.
Like, in no uncertain way.
This thing seems to repeat segments so you might get to hear him

Very interesting clip.
So if the former Assistant D of the FBI is saying that, it wasn't me being OTT about those search protocols by LE

Okay questions ...

I just heard the remains are skeletal, does that make it harder to verify if it is Brian? If they have dental it might be easier. But more importantly, if it's him can they target his time of death.

Not to mention if his remains are skeletal doesn't that mean he highly likely he has been here a while, ergo perhaps all those sightings were bogus and the Laundries were being more honest than we thought as well

Unless he went to the AT and then came back in time to die a couple of weeks ago (so as to have skeletal remains), BL has been in that preserve since Sept 13. I find this the most likely scenario. He went there to kill himself and did. Time of death will be difficult to establish, but they'll make an estimate. That dry bag may provide better evidence as to where he was for a month, through its dust, pollen, mold and mildew.

DNA analysis will allow identification of BL even if remains are skeletal. Just one tooth is enough. The DNA in teeth lasts a long time. DNA in the bones can be reconstructed (which is how we're getting more Neanderthal DNA, even though the bones are 30,000 years old). If the skull is around, it will be immediately obvious to any biological anthropologist if it's BL, IMO, as he had some distinctive features and we get used to looking at skulls and seeing faces instead - but naturally that has to be backed up by other analysis.

I am in the camp of BL dying by suicide, given the totality of circumstances. Or maybe an alligator got him.

But what I'm puzzled about is why he had all this stuff with him. We'll never really know his state of mind unless there is a note or something, but maybe it points to him not being sure what he was going to do when he went there initially? JMOO I also wonder what he was doing when LE came to get the van on Saturday night (the 11th). Was he watching? Was he freaking out? Was he shut in his room? And what did he do that Sunday and until he took off on Monday? Maybe he was refusing to talk to his parents? The circumstances of him coming back with the van and GP's parents looking for her would be enough for an attorney to advise that they shouldn't talk to anybody, IMO.
what stuff, specifically, did he have with him that is puzzling?

:D:D:D
I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea.
I don't understand why people love Disney World.
Different strokes. :cool:
I have lived in the south all of my life and I can honestly say that I despise heat, humidity, and insects, lol.
But in a swamp-like environment those insects buzzing in your ears, biting you relentlessly, my fear of poisonous snakes and ANY spider, yikes! I would probably come flying out of that swamp with my hands over my head begging them to arrest me, lol.
Jmo

I caught that in the interview but I'm skeptical because we only have SB's word that this happened. If it's true, that could mean that the FBI wasn't communicating with the local authorities (NPPD, who repeatedly stated they "knew exactly where BL was"), which I believe is a breach of protocol in LE investigations, JMO. I think there's a good chance that anything SB says outside a court of law is continued misdirection on his part, which he's been doing all along.

I would 100% expect that the communication between FBI and NPPD was minimal. Further, we now have absolute proof that BL was exactly where the Laundries said he would be in the first place. Had the FBI and NPPD not waited 5 days to begin searching and had they searched where the Laundries said to search, BL probably would have been found the day after he went hiking and didn't return home. It seems that the NPPD was confused and following the wrong man in Tampa and I have no idea why the FBI waited to begin searching and then went to the Carlton Reserve instead of where the Laundries said to go.

This is what I said yesterday. Since the remains are skeletal they didn't show up there recently. My best guess is the dogs never got close enough to do their trained final response. Poor training would be second. JMO.

‘Highly suspicious:’ How cadaver dogs missed skeletal remains while searching for Brian Laundrie at Florida reserve | WFLA
My guess is that Brian wasn't there when the dogs went through that area. Brian may have trekked around a bit for a few days before dying or killing himself. It would make sense to go to a place that he knew had already been searched to hide or kill himself. It's been over 30 days since he was last seen, and bodies can skeletonize in water in as little as 3 weeks, so it's possible. It makes sense if the dogs missed him because he just wasn't there.

As he's representing his clients, and presumably being paid for his professional services, you would think that he would get the facts right first time of asking.

Brian Laundrie search: Family lawyer addresses rumors parents planted evidence in Florida swamp

With the media watching the parents’ every move for weeks, the possibility that they could have planted evidence seems unlikely.

"When I spoke to them Tuesday night, they said, ‘We want to go in the preserve tomorrow," Bertolino told Fox News Digital Thursday. "What do I think about that? I told them it was a great idea, and I thought we should notify law enforcement so there's no issue."

He said he told authorities with a text message.

"They texted me back and said, 'Thanks for the heads up,’" he said. "And as you could see, law enforcement was there on Wednesday morning."

The parents arrived at the park shortly before 7:30 a.m. Roberta put on a red backpack stuffed full of water bottles, which were visible through the fabric. Chris got out of his red Ram truck empty-handed.

A moment after they parked, two members of law enforcement arrived in another pickup truck and wearing hiking gear. They tailed the couple into the park as Chris looked off the trail into a handful of brushy areas and Roberta largely stuck to the beaten path.

Roughly 30 to 45 minutes into the search, they reached an area that Bertolino said the parents previously directed investigators to examine as they looked for Brian Laundrie.

While the parents found a white bag and another item a few yards off the trail, authorities separately found a notebook and backpack believed to have belonged to their son. They also found human remains, which have not yet been identified.

The Laundries together stepped through a patch of brambles, toward another clearing. That’s where they found a white bag on the ground next to a dark object about 12 to 18 inches across.

After a whispered discussion, they placed the object in the bag and picked everything up. Bertolino later told Fox News Digital that the items they found there belonged to Brian Laundrie and that the parents did not want to leave it on the ground as they went to fetch investigators due to the presence of a reporter.

So they picked it up, made their way back toward the entrance of the park and handed the bag to an officer. The parents appeared heartbroken at the officer’s words before exiting the area.

"Chris confirmed with me just this morning that when him and Roberta looked, I believe it was on the 14th (of September), the whole area was waist deep or higher in water," Bertolino said. "The FBI confirmed that yesterday that that area until recently had been flooded with water. When that water receded, obviously more things were accessible."

Last edited:
BL does not sound like someone who would have been able to handle a breakup in a mature manner. Assuming he did commit suicide, personally I do not believe he did, the location does not matter if it were not for his trying to stay off the radar.

I don't believe he committed suicide either. I want proof these remains are POI BL. From what I've heard/read how it went down yesterday morning, and how the L's found items belonging to their son is beyond a miracle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth