Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
Can you elaborate?
Because Brian minimizing the situation did make things much worse for her. Gabby was not prevented from traveling further with Brian. Which is what Brian wanted.

Who would “prevent” her from being with him?
She made the choice to go on with him. Why is she not given any credit for knowing what she wanted? She obviously was a bright, creative and self sufficient young woman. I truly hate the notion that she was a weak, forlorn, helpless waif!
She fought him! Didn’t cower in fear. She made a mistake in judgment…..a fatal one MOO
She also had a strong support system. Why MOAB police were blamed for not taking action to protect her is so unfair. Especially if her own family didn’t seem it was imperative! I just see her as a vibrant & beautiful person who wasn’t able to realize the person she loved was a danger to her. MOO

Old remains unearthed by the flood water? Jmo
This does make sense! Totally something that has happened before, but the story I know is OT and a bit too macabre. Anyway, while this is possible the fact that Pei-Sze Cheng’s (from NBC I believe) tweet said that it was found near the backpack makes it more likely IMO to be BL.

He did, but apparently nobody noticed. This reporter heard from Bertonlino, on September 24, that the Laundries reported Brian missing "a week and a half ago," which would put the date at September 13 or 14.

https://twitter.com/jossiecarbonare/status/1441565155796701184?s=21

BINGO!
well done

to sum-up
This is another media co/ck-up
Where essential stuff gets ' lost in translation'

This reminds me of the constant reporting that the Ls had supposedly sent the LE to search the wrong part of the reserve, as if intentional, when later another WSer pointed out the original link had said:Search Mya Park area X

I get this but a bad break up would work as a story until the texts that said I am going to call the police etc and why get a lawyer before the texts had even started? MOO

Just a UK question as we don't have firearms here, would it be normal to take a gun into a swamp if hiking there? for predators etc?
I am not a gun person, but I was told earlier in this case that leaving a gun in a car in Florida is completely normal. As far as taking it on a hike, there are some people who bring their guns EVERYWHERE for self-defense. I had a friend with her concealed carry permit who used to be in the military and she had her gun in the middle zipper pocket of her purse at all times.

Was Gabby taking Jiu Jitsu or Krav Maga or something? I feel like I'm missing something regarding her formidable physical abilities despite her height and weight?

We have it documented that Gabby slapped Brian at least twice:
1) When Brian stole her ID.
2) When Brian was driving away from her in her own van with all of her worldly possessions.

Any abuse Brian received (perceived or literal) does not justify Gabby's murder.

Size and strength are not a factor in determining if something was violent. As you said, we know she hit him on at least two ocassions, <modsnip - opinion stated as fact>

Lastly, I never claimed anything justified GP's murder. You said Brian was violent for hitting her.I pointed out that her hitting him was also violence. If one thing is true, it follows, the other is too. I made no further judgements.

Last edited by a moderator:
This does make sense! Totally something that has happened before, but the story I know is OT and a bit too macabre. Anyway, while this is possible the fact that Pei-Sze Cheng’s (from NBC I believe) tweet said that it was found near the backpack makes it more likely IMO to be BL.
I also think that a medical examiner could tell recent from older buried bones... but who knows. in order to call it a human skull, Im assuming it was a decent sized chunk, but as someone else mentioned a detached mandible with teeth... and why they could be so certain in IDing it as him without more testing. no other way to think that without teeth in a partial skeleton

NPPD must be taking a lot of heat.
A whole lot of heat.
"We understand the community’s frustration, we are frustrated too. For six days, the North Port Police Department and the FBI have been pleading with the family to contact investigators regarding Brian’s fiancée Gabby Petito. Friday is the first time they have spoken with investigators in detail. It is important to note that while Brian is a person of interest in Gabby’s disappearance, he is not wanted for a crime. We are not currently working a crime investigation. We are now working multiple missing person investigations," Taylor said.

Attorney: Brian Laundrie 'on the run' since Tuesday; FBI continues search for Gabby Petito

No indication that anybody new prior to the 17th that he was missing.

To everyone that are comparing BL to Fotis Dulos, I think you're all right.

It looks like both killed themselves once they really felt the heat and realized they couldn't escape the consequences of their actions.

From what we know it seems Brian went on his hike shortly after Gabby was officially a missing person. He was alive and well for about 2 weeks between her murder and his "hike", probably didn't feel the need to die. Yet. I think he went into reserve undecided. Had everything with him. He must've seen how viral this case went. The amount of comments on his Instagram alone was insane, they just kept rolling in. There was no escape. The reserve seemed like a safe spot, familiar, homey even. I wouldn't be surprised if he had photos of Gabby on his notebook.

Once he saw there was no way he could live like a free man and once the reality set in... he decided to die. And as much as his parents annoy me, it's possible they thought he would come back. I think them letting him go on a hike and not reporting it to anyone really made this situation much worse. They probably believed they helped him, but it's obvious they did not.

I really just wish they would've found him sooner. This was a long and intense search, MSM flooded with this case. I mean it exhausted me and I'm not even connected to it in any way.
I do hope the Petito family can get more answers. And that once all is 100% confirmed and cleared by LE... that we all get some more answers too.

<modsnip> Think about it. The pieces don’t fit even if he was a murderous domestic abuser
My opinion only.

While I really appreciate this very creative piece of fan fiction, I do believe the realities of this case are sadly far less exciting. Sometimes things are really what they seem.

Welcome to WS @Hunch1.

By "reported" does he really mean he told them, "No, I can't produce him for questioning- I don't know where he is myself."

JMO and speculation, but I think if FBI felt he was missing missing, not uncooperative missing, they would have asked that local law enforcement take the report and enter it intoNCIC.

Does anyone know if FBI would directly take a report?
My understanding was that he told them the BL hadn't come home that night. Not technically a "missing person," although you'd think you'd want to keep eyes on the only POI you have in a missing persons case... MOO.

Then the only other thing I can think of is gun shot to the head. I just do not think he had a gun, but of course he very well could have. Jmo

"We understand the community’s frustration, we are frustrated too. For six days, the North Port Police Department and the FBI have been pleading with the family to contact investigators regarding Brian’s fiancée Gabby Petito. Friday is the first time they have spoken with investigators in detail. It is important to note that while Brian is a person of interest in Gabby’s disappearance, he is not wanted for a crime. We are not currently working a crime investigation. We are now working multiple missing person investigations," Taylor said.

Attorney: Brian Laundrie 'on the run' since Tuesday; FBI continues search for Gabby Petito

No indication that anybody new prior to the 17th that he was missing.
And there's also this: “They called us there this evening. Once we got there, they are now claiming they have not seen their son since Tuesday,” North Port, Florida, Police public information officer Josh Taylor said.

Attorney Says Current Whereabouts Of Brian Laundrie, Gabby Petito’s Fiancé, Are Unknown

I am not sure how the FBI run their investigations, but perhaps they told SB they would handle it. I mean, how many agencies was SB supposed to call? I would imagine you would call the lead agency (the FBI in this case), otherwise the list to call would eventually become unmanageable.

Oh I agree, calling the FBI was all SB needed to do. I just wonder how different things would have been for the Laundries if he would’ve made a statement saying that, rather than the jumbled mess of seemingly contradictory statements he came out with that week.

I have a hunch that there is a 3rd party at play in all this. <modsnip> What if they owed money to someone ? What if BL needed to get back to Florida to storage unit to retrieve money? Stash? What if someone had GP in the meantime and he had to return to pay a ransom to free her ? I mean WHERE was GP when BL was in Florida ? What if they argued about getting out of this or going to the police which increased tension between them & spilled over into the public sphere ? What if BL arranged to meet someone at Carlton Reserve to pay back money (and he still didn’t know GP was dead) ? There is so much off about this story …there is something else here to have the FBI involved so early. Would explain the parents staying quiet, this sudden discovery to make 3rd party think it’s all over ?
As far as I remember she was in a hotel with cctv evidence of them leaving when BL got back and she also spoke to her father who had food delivered for her to the hotel. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member