Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we can't say BL was violent so he likely murdered GP and then say we know he was violent because he murdered GP.

If we're going to say slapping behavior puts anyone who does it at risk of killing someone, then all people who slap are at-risk. Not all will kill, but all are at risk of killing. If we won't say that, then slapping probably is not as predictive of killing as we first appeared to claim.
JMO
You know what is predictive of killing someone? Grabbing them by their face and throat in a fight...like Brian did to Gabby.

The most dangerous domestic violence offenders strangle their victims. The most violent rapists strangle their victims.

Researchers and law enforcement professionals have determined that nonfatal strangulation is a leading indicator of escalating violence in a relationship and an important risk factor for homicide in women.

“All Abusers Are Not Equal”: New IPV Research Reveals an Indicator of Deadly Abuse

Strangulation is never self defense. By the fact alone it takes too long. Ask any DA or prosecutor. I doubt there has been a single self defense conviction in history that was a strangulation.

No one suggested it was. We were discussing the mutual slapping at the Moab stop.

For everyone debating the length of GP and BL relationship (sorry for not quoting the posts), here's this from Gaby's IG:

Login • Instagram

March 18, 2020: One whole years worth of adventures and stories down & a lifetime to go ☆

This means they officially (Insta official is pretty official IMO) began their relationship on March 18 2019, according to GP.

edit: explanation of what I mean by officially

Thank you!

Thanks! I agree that it is hard to pin down confirmed info. I *think* they met at high school - but that does not mean they were dating. I believe that there was a prior boyfriend to B - didn't he join the armed forces?

There were other links which had them dating off & on during high school - not just friends in high school. It's all very murky ( I will see if I can find that link later, I spent a while, when I first started posting on this case, just trying to pin it down)

I really don't think you should be offended is someone defends SB or doesn't or the same with Gabby or Brian...some think one thing & some think something else...Everyone is different in their thinking...plz get along

Wonder what his hit-rate is with bones? Did Diesel even search that area?*

TBH @citizen_sleuth might already know more about cadaver dogs & bones ( Swedish dogs in The Investigation scented the remains via fat on wind currents from the bottom of the sea)

ETA Ah! Just seen that @RANCH has already posted more on this aspect *
She didn’t really elaborate more than what I posted. :( I really wanted her to lol when she started talking I was like keep going!! I wanna know more about Diesel the pup!! Lol

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

Getting ready for NewsNation starting at 5pmET.

-_Olfzrq

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1451268463369105410

BINGO!
well done

to sum-up
This is another media co/ck-up
Where essential stuff gets ' lost in translation'

This reminds me of the constant reporting that the Ls had supposedly sent the LE to search the wrong part of the reserve, as if intentional, when later another WSer pointed out the original link had said:Search Mya Park area X
It seems to me that the hate towards the Laundries has been, in part, incited by the media.

Slapping a person is abusive. If I were to go up to a person and haul off and slapp them I would rightly be arrested for assault. It is not acceptable behavior and it is not normal or harmless. It is violent and the violence escalated, IMHO. How do you suppose Gabby ended up in that creek bed, dead? Why would he take her van and leave if he did nothing to her?
Why would he hide in a swamp and possibly/probably commit suicide if he were innocent? Why avoid her family? Jmo

Not that this happened--I think he killed her--but tragic love stories exist where one partner simply could not face the prospect of living without his/her significant other.

JMOO--I think he probably killed himself out of a combination of things, realizing that his life/goals/dreams were--for the most part--over, combined with a deep sense of guilt and missing Gabby. When I look at the photo of him with his sister's kids camping, he's sitting there smiling, but he looks thinner, gaunt, even. I think it was weighing heavily on him, as it would on anyone. I think he knew he might be spending a final time with his family.

I hope they find something in his notebook that will explain what happened. But, in the long run, I think this will probably be the easiest for Gabby's family to begin the healing process. I don't think the Laundries will ever heal from it. It's doubly traumatic for them. Grief, combined with shame is a powerful depressant.

That doesn't mean he didn't have one.
Exactly. Semantics. Even if the parents noticed a missing gun in the house, if they didn't see him take it, they'd have to say "We don't know if he's armed." He could have purchased one en route to the reserve, even. Everyone has to be very careful with wording!

"We understand the community’s frustration, we are frustrated too. For six days, the North Port Police Department and the FBI have been pleading with the family to contact investigators regarding Brian’s fiancée Gabby Petito. Friday is the first time they have spoken with investigators in detail. It is important to note that while Brian is a person of interest in Gabby’s disappearance, he is not wanted for a crime. We are not currently working a crime investigation. We are now working multiple missing person investigations," Taylor said.

Attorney: Brian Laundrie 'on the run' since Tuesday; FBI continues search for Gabby Petito

No indication that anybody new prior to the 17th that he was missing.

see upthread

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 21.47.46.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 21.47.46.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 63
Just taking a moment to say that I'm really glad that CL and RL found that dry bag and didn't stumble on their son's remains. I can't imagine how horrific that would have been and, given how everything went down, it could have easily happened.
I wonder if LE told them all that was found, and can they ID the dry bag & notebook (possibly clothing, and ... can we assume there were no shoes located? JMO).

They were official since high school but on and off. It's been 7 + years of toxicity built up. JMO

Oh I must've missed info about that. I have read that they knew each other in HS, but didn't know they were a couple?

In any case... I think Gaby considered that to be their 1 year anniversary, so I'll take it as such, regardless of their previous relationship. Going on a few dates or having a crush isn't the same as being in a monogamous relationship and presenting as a couple to the outside world.

MOO Not saying you're wrong. And yes plenty of time for the toxicity to build up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong