Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. There are still answers that we wanna know. Did he die the night he ran away?? Did he get attacked by a gator or anything else? Did he kill himself? Did someone else get to him before the park was closed? so many answers. I hope that he left a dang note in that notebook!
I was wondering the same thing about gators. Didn't know if it was okay to bring that up.

Confirmed Brian. <modsnip> Updated - remains are skeletal. That explains my previous statement about numerous findings.

Well that puts that to rest.....

We still don't know what happened? that's got to be excruiatin
No, I still want to know if he committed suicide, or if he wasn't the great outdoorsman he claimed to be. IMO he got away with murder-suicide.

Yep too many questions, or should I say as long as all the Petito's questions are answered which I doubt.

Earlier today they said they found the skull badly decomposed. Other news said it was a partial skull. Brian tweeted the ME had arrived at the reserve. Next, two agents pulled up at the L's and stayed about 2 minutes. SB put out a statement shortly after saying the L's were informed the remains were BL's.

Pretty sure the partial skull being found helped speed up the dental match as BL. jmo

What in the natural world would cause the skull NOT to be intact when found? re: tweet saying skull FRAGMENT found

The jaws of an alligator.

"...Using its incredibly powerful jaws (which are able to exert up to 2,000 PSI), an alligator will break bones or crush shells (in the case of turtles) to create a chunk of flesh that can fit down its throat. Then it will raise its head, open the palatal valve and swallow the piece whole. An alligator can digest anything it swallows -- muscle, bone, cartilage, etc. are all digested completely..."

And
" ...The second experiment made gathering data a little more difficult. The researchers threw 27 cow legs to adult alligators held in two different enclosures. The bones stayed with the alligators for hours to days, depending on when the alligators could be moved out of the enclosures to retrieve the remains, although a small number were lost or totally eaten by the alligators....Compared to Nile crocodiles, American alligators left more fractures, furrows, and hook scores on the bones – all signs of a harsher method of stripping flesh from skeletons and crushing bone..."

How Alligators Work
Bitten Bones Show Alligators are Rough Feeders

I guess BL couldn't live with what he had done and didn't want to face the consequences so he went to the reserve and killed himself, probably not long after he got there. My heart goes out to Gabby's family as they now won't get the answers and justice they so deserve. It's all just so unbelievably sad.

I see lots of post that we will never have answers. I’m not sure the why he killed her really matters or knowing that will bring any resolution to the Schmidts and Petitios. I don’t think there could ever be a satisfactory answer as to the "why". Whether it was a crime brought on my rage or a calculated murder, neither is understandable. Strangling somebody is a deliberate act that takes time and within that timeframe there is opportunity to correct course unlike a quick pull of the trigger or a push that results in a fatality. He wanted her dead and he got what he wanted IMO

Earlier today they said they found the skull badly decomposed. Other news said it was a partial skull. Brian tweeted the ME had arrived at the reserve. Next, two agents pulled up at the L's and stayed about 2 minutes. SB put out a statement shortly after saying the L's were informed the remains were BL's.

Pretty sure the partial skull being found helped speed up the dental match as BL. jmo
Thanks!

I feel sad for everyone involved. It doesn’t make me happy in any way for this young man to be confirmed dead. I do have some questions about the situation, but this is just super sad to me. I’m happy that people don’t have to worry about him being armed or hurting anyone else but it certainly seems like he killed his gf and couldn’t handle it. Horrible all around. JMO.
ITA.
Very terrible.
A sad and senseless loss of two young lives !
One of them innocent and the other the perpetrator.
No one wins in the end.

I'm sorry for the parents of Gabby as the answers and explanations they deserved are probably never going to be realized. :(
Imo.

I am now wondering -and I’m sure I’m not alone -if he didn’t add something somewhere that would come up on their cloud, or text or email, maybe something the parents saw & told LE/FBI about so that’s why they were so disconnected from the idea of finding him urgently. They knew he had passed. This could also be why the LE/FBI were insistent on endlessly searching there. Just a random thought….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288