Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is so sad. This is just a horrible, horrible ending. It seems as if Brian started to unravel/lose control somewhere along the way and Gabby was too young to understand how much danger she was actually in. Many years ago, when I was her age I took off to explore the world. It was some of the best years of my life and it should have been for them as well. That's the reason their story touched me so deeply. Absolutely, Heartbreaking. My deepest sympathies are with both families tonight.

PS: This was the first case I've experienced with WS. You guys were great! I've learned a lot and always felt welcome to throw in my 2 cents. Thanks!

Now what? Now…nothing, I guess. I don’t think there is anything else, even if there could be. I don’t think there is any reason to think that LE will investigate whether or not BL’s parents helped hide him, or mislead the police in their attempt to find him. After all, his remains were found right where they should have been if he left for a day hike, and didn’t come home. I am not saying that they didn’t help him avoid talking to the police; just that they didn’t help him leave the state and regularly support him for weeks while he was on the run.
I wouldn't be able to say for certain that they are just going to let the Laundries grieve. If they have proof that they were obstructing, aiding/abetting, etc., I think that because of the enormous amount of money that they have spent, they will need something to show for it. I have no idea if there was actually anything shady done by RL/CL. We don't even know if BL died due to an accident or at his own hands. We have no concrete information on what his intentions were when he entered into the park. As with so much of this case that has been made public, it's primarily circumstantial. I'm sure the FBI has a lot more than we have been privy to. We shall see where we go from here but I don't think that there will not be some kind of 'closure' given. There's a lot we don't know. Just a wait and see now. Just so sad for the Ps/Ss. I hope that BL shared his story with someone so they can at least have some answers there.

They will carry their investigation on to its conclusion. The death of a person of interest does not stop or close an investigation, which is about the murder of Gabby. BL's death, in and of itself, has no relevance to the investigation of Gabby's death. imo

Yes but how forthcoming can or will the FBI be?

Not to mention Id imagine just finding Brian scales back their daily involvement considerably, I'm afraid it will be up to what the Laundries may know? They won't likely be talking anytime soon.

They should sue to get the notebook, to see what he did to their daughter. I bet 99% that he describes all his feelings and actions in that book. IMO
Agreed 1,000 % .

Gabby's family deserve to know what he wrote.
They have been deprived of their daughter forever; never to hear her voice or see her smile.
In this specific case, only Gabby's family have lost a family member to a violent and torturous act of murder.

In taking his own life, it's a confession of sorts for Brian.
It would appear that he passed judgement on himself.
It's sad b/c I wanted him captured alive and face trial for his actions.

His family will also have to deal with the emotions that will occur with those revelations.
But no one forcibly took Brian's life.
MOO.

https://twitter.com/danichurtado_/status/1451236594418077699?s=21
The District 12 of FL chief medical examiner (covers Sarasota County, Manatee County and DeSoto County) tells me they don’t really know at this point how long it will take to process and identify the remains found at the reserve. He says “at least several days.” @mysuncoast

But isn't that usually because the person is "at peace" now they've made the decision. If BL killed himself I'd assume it was because he couldn't live with the guilt of killing Gabby. If you're so mentally tortured you want to kill yourself because you killed the love of your life, I don't see "peace" coming with the decision.

But lots had to have been known to the parents-enough to hire a lawyer and refuse all contact with LE, Gabby's parents etc. Whatever Brian told them, they knew something extraordinary had occurred. But none of them acted like it.
I can definitely relate; however, this is indeed one of the signs:
  • A sudden lifting of spirits, when there have been other indicators, may point to a decision to end the pain of life through suicide.
The Myths & Facts of Youth Suicide

But isn't that usually because the person is "at peace" now they've made the decision. If BL killed himself I'd assume it was because he couldn't live with the guilt of killing Gabby, the love of his life. So, is the phenomenon the same when you're killing yourself because you killed the love of your life & the guilt is overwhelming? I guess maybe.

But I still don't get the parents. They obviously knew enough to hire a lawyer & refuse all contact with LE, Gabby's parents etc and just pretend everything was absolutely normal. Whatever Brian told them, they knew something extraordinary had occurred. But none of them acted like it.

Because I have 2 sons that age, 23 and one has a long term gf, I can pretty easily replace the players with ourselves. I can't see not getting some kind of mental health care under the circumstances. I also can't see NOT getting a local criminal attorney that could sit down with BL and assess possible outcomes.

Just "not talking" is not a solution to a missing/murdered girlfriend. What was the long term plan? The consequences would be worse if she was found and he had refused all cooperation. And pretending it didn't happen would be horrible for the mental health of the guilt ridden BL. Plenty of criminals express regret, cooperate, try to make amends as best they can because they ARE truly sorry. He could have given the loved ones of his beloved Gabby some peace. There were lots of reasons for him to live but the family "solution" of pretending, escaping, hiding all seem designed to do the opposite. Now all are suffering in never ending needless ways.

I agree with your feelings toward Cassie! She spoke to the public outside of her relationship to her family. She loved Gabby and Gabby loved her children. She was pulled into this horrific mess, completely by others. The crazies outside her home and the threats she has endured are unfair.
Yes, out of all of them she seemed to be the one who really loved Gabby. And her babies loved Gabby. His parents didn't seem to give a crap. At least one member of that family loved Gabby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea