Physical Description
Estimated Age: 18-30 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: 40 cm vertically oriented scar on the left anterior lower leg, and obliquely oriented 3 x 1 cm scar on the right posterior leg, and a 20 cm fine, linear scar on the left forearm. A tattoo of feathers and a ring on the left upper arm, a tattoo with the initial "NYY" and a drawing of a figure is on the right upper arm, and a tattoo with a medallion shape and the letters "RACING" is on the left anterior chest.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Unknown

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Red underwear, brand "Smash"- possibly made in Argentina, Blue jeans, brand "Hernan Bravo", size 38. Tag was written in Spanish and a Brown leather belt.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
A resident of the area on 15243 SW 42nd Terrace heard a loud thud. After checking what made that noise, the residents discovered the body of the victim on the road.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: District 11 Miami-Dade County Medical Examiners Office
Agency Contact Person: Brittney McLaurin
Agency Phone Number: 305-545-2400
Agency E-Mail: cusme(at)miamidade.gov
Agency Case Number: 1996-1353

NCIC Case Number: U-994158729
NamUs Case Number: 5292
Former Hot Case Number: 1720

Information Source(s)
NamUs
FLUIDDB

Admin Notes
Added: 6/4/2009; Last Updated: 03/17/21

A loud thud? Were the victims injuries consistent with being hit by a vehicle? If so, why not just say victim of a hit and run? The vagueness is kind of strange. The development is called Lakes of the Meadow. I am intimately familiar with this area and am shocked that there is a UID case from here. It is a very populated area now but in 1996 it was one of the only developments that far west....in fact there may not have been anything at all to the west. Super suburban neighborhood. Not the area where you would expect someone walking around that would be unknown to anyone in the area.

New York Yankees tattoo? Although I'm confused about the creature above the lettering.

The Yankees or someone's initials are the only things I can think of. I'm also confused by the character, maybe they're two separate tattoos that are just close together? Even if they are IDK what it's supposed to be.

ETA- The Yankees did have a mascot between 1979 and 1981 called Dandy but it looked nothing like that tattoo

Could the first picture be a poorly drawn Dream Catcher? New York Yankees tattoo? Although I'm confused about the creature above the lettering.

It does kind of look like a dream catcher. The tatts look to be of the home made variety for sure. They have a kind of '90s vibe to them so the individual didn't have them too long in my opinion.

The other thing that's interesting to me is his clothing -
Red underwear, brand "Smash"- possibly made in Argentina
Blue jeans, brand "Hernan Bravo", size 38. Tag was written in Spanish
Brown leather belt.

The other thing that's interesting to me is his clothing -
Red underwear, brand "Smash"- possibly made in Argentina
Blue jeans, brand "Hernan Bravo", size 38. Tag was written in Spanish
Brown leather belt.

I noticed that as well and thought he was possibly an immigrant but something else I read pulled me away from that conclusion. Cant remember at this time what it was.

I noticed that as well and thought he was possibly an immigrant but something else I read pulled me away from that conclusion. Cant remember at this time what it was.

An immigrant from a Spanish speaking country would certainly not be unusual in Miami, in fact it might be more unusual if he wasn't.
The part that is unusual to me is the location. This would have been a relatively new development at the western edge of civilization in Miami-Dade county back then. Not a place you would randomly end up only to then get hit by a car that leaves the scene. The fact that it's not explicitly stated that he's a hit and run victim leaves me wondering if the "thud" wasn't him being dumped or thrown out of a vehicle already dead.

Last edited:
The fact that it's not explicitly stated that he's a hit and run victim leaves me wondering if the "thud" wasn't him being dumped or thrown out of a vehicle already dead.

I wonder if they looked at his feet, since he didn't have any footwear. If they were clean that would suggest he wasn't walking around outside.

Is there a bridge in that area? To hear a "thud" I would think the body would have had to fall a good distance to make a noise that loud. The resident didn't see a car or anything driving away?

I've never actually heard what a body sounds like being rolled out of a car. Would it be that loud? The Map pin on NamUs has it right smack dab in the middle of an intersection. Is that correct? I'm pretty confused.

I've never actually heard what a body sounds like being rolled out of a car. Would it be that loud? The Map pin on NamUs has it right smack dab in the middle of an intersection. Is that correct? I'm pretty confused.

I googled the address in circumstances of discovery on DoeNetwork (15243 SW 42nd Terrace)
Here's a link to the map

Edited to fix the link

Last edited:
Looked on google maps, no bridges I can see. Looks like a suburban neighborhood.

No, definitely no bridges in that area at all.

I haven't either ! SW 42nd Terrace would be a residential street only a block off of Bird Rd which is a major road with a ton of traffic nowadays because there is a lot of population out that way now, however, way less 25 years ago. Not clear which street decedent was found.
Now, doing some serious reading between the lines, I am assuming no "car noises" were heard: screeching of tires, revving engine that sort of thing. His injuries were so traumatic it rendered him unrecognizable. So, going way way way out on a limb: airplane stowaway that fell out of a wheel well? I have read about cases like that and usually the injuries are recognized as having resulted from a fall from a great height which is not reported here. Commercial airliners coming in to MIA usually approach west to east down NW 12th St or just north of SR 836 which would be a good 5 miles north. There is a small executive airport due south for much smaller aircraft but it seems unlikely that a person could hide in a small plane.
I am probably way out in left field on the fell from the sky theory but considering what we have is:
Residents hear a "thud"
Decedent discovered in road
Trauma so severe he's rendered "unrecognizable"
Cause of death: undetermined
Head scratcher.

I googled the address in circumstances of discovery on DoeNetwork (15243 SW 42nd Terrace)
Here's a link to the map

Edited to fix the link

That map is wrong.
Full disclosure, I live in the general area where this person was found (didn't live there in '96). For some strange reason, a couple of times when I have given my address to people coming to my house it takes them to the area that the map you linked shows....which ain't where my house is . Some kind of weird glitch.

That map is wrong.
Full disclosure, I live in the general area where this person was found (didn't live there in '96). For some strange reason, a couple of times when I have given my address to people coming to my house it takes them to the area that the map you linked shows....which ain't where my house is . Some kind of weird glitch.

That's weird. Thanks for letting me know

No, definitely no bridges in that area at all.

I haven't either ! SW 42nd Terrace would be a residential street only a block off of Bird Rd which is a major road with a ton of traffic nowadays because there is a lot of population out that way now, however, way less 25 years ago. Not clear which street decedent was found.
Now, doing some serious reading between the lines, I am assuming no "car noises" were heard: screeching of tires, revving engine that sort of thing. His injuries were so traumatic it rendered him unrecognizable. So, going way way way out on a limb: airplane stowaway that fell out of a wheel well? I have read about cases like that and usually the injuries are recognized as having resulted from a fall from a great height which is not reported here. Commercial airliners coming in to MIA usually approach west to east down NW 12th St or just north of SR 836 which would be a good 5 miles north. There is a small executive airport due south for much smaller aircraft but it seems unlikely that a person could hide in a small plane.
I am probably way out in left field on the fell from the sky theory but considering what we have is:
Residents hear a "thud"
Decedent discovered in road
Trauma so severe he's rendered "unrecognizable"
Cause of death: undetermined
Head scratcher.

What are the odds? Probably so slim it seems impossible but honestly it doesn't seem that way after you breaking it down like that. Maybe a hit and run but you would think the person would be a local or at least familiar enough with the area to be there. So then he should have been identified by now. Plus if someone just hit someone with their car you can bet there would be tires burning.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back