Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.wptv.com/news/state/bri...d-decisions-during-disappearance-questionable

Criminologist Dr. Debbie Goodman said finding out what happened between Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito could forever be unknown.

She said now knowing that Brian Laundrie is dead focus will turn to how he died.

Dr. Goodman said Laundrie's movements and decisions during the disappearance of Gabby Petito seem more purposeful than accidental, including his return to his parent's North Port home.

"If there is one of these moments in time that your life is about to be altered forever, who did he call? The logical likely scenario is his parents," she said.

WPTV spoke with a former FBI agent about where this case goes from here. He told us by phone it appears law enforcement will try to determine a time of death to figure out whether they will continue their investigation.

Would there even be an estate? I'm not sure how that works when you don't really have anything.
Exactly !!!
If you do not have any assets, and what little we know, it sounds like he did NOT, then there most likely is NO estate.
JMO

I watched the interview SB gave and my takeaway was that he has been personal friend with the family for twenty years (he said) and watched Cassie and BL grow up; that he is a hothead, but has also been motivated by his affection for the L family in how he handled things. I take back my earlier criticisms -- I think they knew chances were very, very slim that BL was still alive. (He says that CL told him that BL was very upset and he (CL) wished he had been able to stop him from leaving -- you can't stop an adult child.) He (SB) advised the parents not to talk which is probably appropriate given that they were making quick decisions with incomplete facts. Should he have advised them of a way to respond to the P family's texts/calls that would protect BL (legally), but be responsive to the P family? Yes, probably. But again, he (SB) is a hothead, personally involved with the family, not used to making decisions in this kind of case, and trying to legally protect BL as much as he could (even though it is likely that he too knew that things didn't look good.)

This is all JMOO!!

I can't imagine the pain of losing a child in either of these ways. A mom (and dad) whose child was killed by the person closest to them and whose body was left out exposed to everything and was found only through chance, and a mom (and dad) whose child killed someone, killed himself, and whose body will be returned to them only in pieces. Heartbreaking all around. IMOO.

BBM

The guy is a hot head.
Yelled, blamed, cussed, talked over the host
Then apologizes .
Passive aggressive .
He ,when questioned on it , admitted he never “knew “ Brian...but imagined he was a good kid yadda yaya…
Circular talker, blame shifter.
Nope , not buying any of what he’s selling .

MOO

He can't be convicted because he's deaed, so the "evidence" is irrelevant unless you (general you) think someone else may have done it. I'm moving on. Don't want to get dinged for "bickering." all jmo
I don’t understand how you (also general you) can think that this is the end of this case. I firmly believe that LE will put the final puzzle pieces together and let the general public know that they believe BL killed Gabby (and hopefully there will be a civil suit too).

You said yourself that they need to rule out the minuscule possibility that someone besides Brian killed her, so for that reason alone they should alert the public to the truth in this case. Especially since it got such a huge following. MOO

edited by me for emphasis..

One good reason, one almost overwhelming reason would be the fact the Brian and Gabby lived at that house, the sister's house, with the BIL and the two nephews, with that sisters phone for a year , and a few months.. seems reasonable to me that Gabby's parents would have that number, the correct number, and no nonsense about it at all. One missed call, ok.. not hundreds... you know it makes sense.
Would the L's have a business number?

I would be so disappointed if they plead the 5th in their depositions if this ever goes to trial. To me, it would just smack of criminal liability even though it is their right. I can’t wait to see how this plays out.

I agree with you. It certainly would IMO too. MOO

Thanks. I never knew all that and I bet no one I know well does either. I'm not a big SM user though except for WS.

I don't know if GP's family was into sleuthing cell numbers when they were frantic. If I were in that position I'd probably use what I had. Texting wrong numbers happens all the time, of course. One of my relatives even had an issue with someone who claimed "but we sent you a text!" Yeah, to her landline.
JMO

I'm not a big SM user (in the usual sense of FB, insta, tik tok, Twitter, etc.), though I am a long-time internet veteran. And I am both someone who loves information, and a single woman with a fairly active dating life - lots of liars out there. Including a good number of married men who also want to be single with active dating lives. o_O

Connecting numbers and humans is an important skill, more and moreso. I do similar basic checks of people I hire to provide services at my home, etc. Forewarned is forearmed.

All of that is to say: if I needed to reach someone desperately and didn't have their number handy, yes, I'd absolutely start hitting keys and reaching out to every possible hit. Why not?

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Every state has some sort of emergency psych hold. Who can initiate, who is eligible, the criteria for commitment, length of time, etc. varies from state to state.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t understand how you (also general you) can think that this is the end of this case. I firmly believe that LE will put the final puzzle pieces together and let the general public know that they believe BL killed Gabby (and hopefully there will be a civil suit too).

You said yourself that they need to rule out the minuscule possibility that someone besides Brian killed her, so for that reason alone they should alert the public to the truth in this case. Especially since it got such a huge following. MOO
And it's the beginning of the investigation into his death. This forum is just getting going.

No one has really gone into this, but if BL had committed suicide by hanging it would explain a lot of different aspects of when and how he was found. I'm surprised that hasnt been discussed because it's a real possibility when someone purposely chooses a forest. JMO
I used to think about BL using hanging but assumed he would be far more visible that way (assuming people hang themselves up in trees). What aspects do you feel it would explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77