Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian Entin just said (on Banfield) that authorities are hoping to be able to dry out the notebook. Banfield says authorities don't want to open it until it is completely dry. No link because it's happening on television and it is shown as LIVE in the upper righthand corner.

This case will probably end up being an "exceptional clearance". Unless LE can uncover a confession on BL's notebook where he admits killing GP. That notebook has been submerged for a long period of time. Unless it was enclosed in one of those water tight bags, can info on it even be retrieved after a month underwater?

This is something I actually know a little about:

Recovering Wet Documents Or Books - FIRST ONSITE (US)

After you call a document restoration provider about wet books or documents, their goal will be to freeze them as fast as possible because freezing slows the disintegration of paper. That’s why the first stop for your wet or moist documents or books will most likely be a refrigerated truck. Once the documents are frozen, the water needs to be removed as fast as possible to help minimize overall damage.

Methods I've heard of for further fixing overall damage, involve steps like interleaving every piece of separatable paper with paper towels, closing the book, and letting the paper towels work their leaching magic for a while.

We don’t know there was flooding when he first went to the reserve. It appears the brush was pretty thick there too so he may have killed himself somewhere under cover and then when it later flooded things were moved around.
I am still not convinced that he killed himself. He could have died from snake bite, heat stroke, dehydration, infection, ect. We may never know COD. Jmo

I hope that BL wrote something in the notebook. I have a feeling that, even if anything is even able to be salvaged, there probably won't be anything relating to what he did, why he did it, apologies to GP's family, or apologies to his own family. I hope I'm wrong and there are writings of value to GP's family or his own family. IMO
My fear is BL may not have come clean in any writings if he was operating from any narcissistic tendencies. Apologizing for hurting both families would be appropriate, but I wouldn’t count on him to do so. JMHO …

My fear is BL may not have come clean in any writings if he was operating from any narcissistic tendencies. Apologizing for hurting both families would be appropriate, but I wouldn’t count on him to do so. JMHO ..l
Agree with this. In fact I believe he probably blamed Gabby for everything, including her own murder. " See what she made me do!". Jmo

IMO, he returned to Florida before probably killing himself because he either a) knew he was going to kill himself and wanted to spend his last few weeks with his parents before he died, or b) did not plan on killing himself at that time and wanted to have his parents' support (getting him the burner phone, food, covering for him, etc.), and either decided to commit suicide later, or died of an accident or exposure. I don't think he killed Gabby with the intent of the case being a murder-suicide. I think he just wanted it to be a plain murder and then go back to Florida to either run or kill himself.

Knowing that it was a skull found helps us figure out the timeline a little bit, he had probably died towards the very beginning of the manhunt for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he either got wind or somehow witnessed searchers looking for him at the Carlton Reserve, panicked, and killed himself. JMO.
I don't think he thought it would all be in the mainstream media and he thought he was just going to get away with it.

If he came clean and wrote it in his notebook, I'll drink a kale and brussel sprouts smoothie!
Can't actually eat a hat so...
I think it was just his drawings.
Could be a manifesto, but I doubt that too.
He was in control, GP is gone, we will have no answers because he chose to take it with him when he "died".

MOO

But he has been dead since he entered that swamp, and he had no survival equipment with him. He was dead before he was wanted for the misuse of a debit card. What have the laundries done to cause pain and suffering to GP's family? They haven't even spoken to them. There is a freedom of speech which includes the freedom to not speak. The Laundries told the police what they knew, they were under no obligation to tell the public anything.

BBM

"They haven't even spoken to them."

That is what they did to cause them pain. IMO

"There is a freedom of speech which includes the freedom to not speak."

IMO just because it's a
right doesn't mean it's always morally right.

Brian Laundrie search: No discrepancy between FBI and parents on missing timeline, says family lawyer

Bertolino spoke with Fox News Digital by phone Thursday, and he explained that he personally notified the FBI immediately that Brian never returned home from his hike of Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park on Sept. 13.

HOWEVER…

Josh Taylor, a spokesperson for North Port Police Department (NPPD), struck back in an email to Fox News Digital Thursday that in "no way was any of the NPPD’s actions, comments, or reporting reflective of the NPPD having information that Brian Laundrie was missing on that Monday the 13th."

"Please keep in mind that NPPD was an assisting agency until Tuesday night September 14th," he wrote. "I’m confident that if that were true, the information would have been relayed."

"No response was given in any form," Taylor said Thursday. "Our door to getting info, including Brian being potentially missing, was wide open."

He reiterated that the police department was not notified about Brian's possible disappearance until that Friday, Sept. 17.

"I was in the room when it happened," Taylor continued. "The FBI called and informed us that the family now believed he was missing since Tuesday and we needed to head over to the home to begin a missing person investigation. Remember, they later changed that story to Monday."

Just to play devils advocate. Maybe the Laundries don't use their cell phone much. I only use my cell phone for mobile hotspot to watch tv in my van. If people call me on my cell phone I never know it for a couple of weeks because I never check it. When did they first think Gabby was missing? Their wasn't much time between when they thought Gabby was missing and tried to call the Laundries until they reported it to LE and LE checked for themselves was there?
Well, they are business people, IIRC. Not getting the texts or calls is about the last excuse I would give them.

As to "what did they know and when did they know it", I think they knew it all by the date the van was towed away....Sept 11? BEFORE Brian took off, apparently with their blessing. After all, we learned tonight from the lawyer that "the parents knew Brian was grieving". I myself think they were in contact with Brian more than once during the month, and just 2 days ago when they had their outing they were supposed to get some message from him, but did not. So, the very next day they arranged the search at 7 am, IMO realizing something was wrong. Maybe we will get better info on how long he has been dead. IMO

I call BS on the oft repeated statement that they waited for this last search "until the reserve was open to the public". Now I mean that is nearly roll on the floor laughable. Does anyone really think that if they had called LE and said we probably know where he is, LE would have said....."Can't help you out in any search, the reserve is not open to the public yet".

Anyway, I'm just trying to sort this out like everyone else, but sadly I do think there were decisions contributing to the demise of BL, which did not have to happen. IMO

Last edited:
Question for people who know more about taxidermy things.

Is it possible that teeth could be swapped from one skull fragment to another to fool a dental check?

IF so I do hope the ME/feds do a DNA check on ALL parts and pieces that they find.
MOO
Speculation

You and me both. lol A notebook is both a paper journal AND a laptop computer. I said it upthread that I wished they had used the word journal if it was a paper notebook, and computer if it was a laptop.

With that said I saw a pic of his paper journal. This, or one like it, is probably what they meant when they said they found his notebook.
c8353122b42d64494a518c44507a6deb4278d038-16x9-x0y26w1600h900.jpg

Source: Lawyer responds to claim Brian Laundrie discovery was PLANTED - as tiny detail could solve case once and for all
In the first 10 seconds of the linked video, look just to the right of the tent. A person has a white rectangular object the could be the notebook.

Please provide link if you have it. Seems like a massive tell on the lawyer's part. How horrible that the Laundrie's would've known something and refused to talk to Gabby's family.

Watched the videos of the laundrie lawyer, first time seeing him. He’s incompetent in my opinion, I absolutely cannot believe that the Laundries entrusted him with the most horrific complicated public nightmare of their lives.

He’s sitting in another state giving generic legal advice and tweeting while their lives are going down the tubes and their son likely committing suicide.

Hindsight is 2020 but he made this situation much much worse for them. They should’ve hired a pro or team of pros a long long time ago!!

Last edited:
IMO, he returned to Florida before probably killing himself because he either a) knew he was going to kill himself and wanted to spend his last few weeks with his parents before he died, or b) did not plan on killing himself at that time and wanted to have his parents' support (getting him the burner phone, food, covering for him, etc.), and either decided to commit suicide later, or died of an accident or exposure. I don't think he killed Gabby with the intent of the case being a murder-suicide. I think he just wanted it to be a plain murder and then go back to Florida to either run or kill himself.

Knowing that it was a skull found helps us figure out the timeline a little bit, he had probably died towards the very beginning of the manhunt for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he either got wind or somehow witnessed searchers looking for him at the Carlton Reserve, panicked, and killed himself. JMO.
Do we KNOW for certain that it was suicide yet? IF not then it is still possible that BL's apparent death could've been an accident or an animal attack.
Has happened before.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads