Found Deceased UK - Leah Croucher, 19, Emerson Valley, Milton Keynes, 14 Feb 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting observation re the dash feet vehicle being somehow connected to Eaton Bray. If the witness were in a van or higher seated vehicle she would have had a better look at the jacket.
I thought this witness seemed credible, but it may as someone else pointed out be a roughian slapping his teenage daughter. The mother walking her kid to school who passed Leah on a daily basis I thought seemed very credible too. Am not sure about the thumb texting girl seen crying by the lake I don’t think this was her somehow because of her phone dropping off the network at 8:34. Saint I just read some of the replies by local residents re the Traveller site having the money invested into it. looks like the villages have a lot of problems from them. I did wonder about the possibility of HF since she was listed as a horse trader having some dodgy dealings with the travellers that went wrong. That could explain why she had to vacate fast, either that or the mortgages companies could have been coming after her. I still don’t understand even if Old Ley Farm went to auction how it sold for nearly 500 k less than it Hunters listing 1 year prior. It was then divided down the middle I assume by developers who wanted the land then relisted without those barns and the land to the east of the building.
This is another reason why rapist and kidnapper JMCC would be on my list of suspects. According to quite a few of the newspaper articles shared in previous postings he is said to be from a travellers background which would fit in with what you have said about your theory. Also regarding the coat he does have a mid length coat seen on the Manchester CCTV photo Joseph McCann made victim watch him sexually assault her 11-year-old son
The black car I previously mentioned he owned could have been the car he stole later from an elderly lady. If not that would be of interest regarding the black car lake sighting. The M.O.T history shows a child seat fitted at some point so could have well been a child lock on the door of the car which would have assisted in holding his kidnap victims in the car.
If he laced his victims with cocaine as previously quoted from a newspaper article then anything could happen even if not an intended Modus Operandi.
I really want to find out his location on 15th November 2019.
I wonder who helped him!!!!
One of the last newspaper articles before his arrest in Cheshire (the one shared just above this post) says he was having a phone conversation with someone called 'Charlene'. This lady could have been someone who was helping him, a friend or phoning her in a professional capacity. I have found someone called Charlene from Milton Keynes who was a custodial case worker and drugs misuse worker but until 2016 so may be clutching at straws here with making any link.

Last edited:
Didn’t the police statement about this dash/feet car sighting say that the witness statement at the time did not match what was reported in mk citizen? It may be that the differences match details that would suggest JMcC on purpose. I don’t think police elaborated on what the witness said originally.

This is another reason why rapist and kidnapper JMCC would be on my list of suspects. According to quite a few of the newspaper articles shared in previous postings he is said to be from a travellers background which would fit in with what you have said about your theory. Also regarding the coat he does have a mid length coat seen on the Manchester CCTV photo Joseph McCann made victim watch him sexually assault her 11-year-old son
The black car I previously mentioned he owned could have been the car he stole later from an elderly lady. If not that would be of interest regarding the black car lake sighting. The M.O.T history shows a child seat fitted at some point so could have well been a child lock on the door of the car which would have assisted in holding his kidnap victims in the car.
If he laced his victims with cocaine as previously quoted from a newspaper article then anything could happen even if not an intended Modus Operandi.
I really want to find out his location on 15th November 2019.

You mean 15 February, right? He was taken back in to custody in May 2019 and has been there ever since.

Regarding the coat, I think this is a good illustration of the unreliability of witness reports, as I see a normal waist-length casual jacket in those CCTV images, albeit that he seems to be a short man.

JMO

Didn’t the police statement about this dash/feet car sighting say that the witness statement at the time did not match what was reported in mk citizen? It may be that the differences match details that would suggest JMcC on purpose. I don’t think police elaborated on what the witness said originally.
Are you thinking that someone may have persuaded the poor woman into changing the description of what she saw and going to the press with a change of story.

Are you thinking that someone may have persuaded the poor woman into changing the description of what she saw and going to the press with a change of story.

Tbh, it makes me think more that the police disregarded her statement because she's a known attention seeker so she slurped her story up a bit and took it to the paper instead, proving their point. I'm only speculating though. It just seems more than coincidental that her story has inconsistencies and things that don't make sense even to us and the police apparently didn't follow up on her report.

JMO

I honestly wouldn’t know because I don’t think the witness was publicised so I personally can’t get an impression of her/him. But LE seemed pretty clear that her original statement was different - I assume to show that they would have of course acted appropriately on a possible abduction. It isn’t beyond the realm of possibility that there is accidental or purposeful muddling of details that may fit another ‘websleuth suspect’. (So-named as I don't believe there are police suspects).

Probably no connection to all of this but thought worth a mention.
The newspaper report shows the location just in case a local wants to check the tunnel where a human skull was found on 21st January 2019 just prior to Leah's disappearance so as at least to rule out anything.
Murder investigation to be launched after 'recent' human skull found in disused Milton Keynes railway tunnel

It looks like the whole area is rough if this is anything to go by Petrol bomb attack on mosque in Milton Keynes - Muslim Engagement and Development
After looking at the area where a human skull was found just days before Leah disappeared it probably had nothing to do Leah's disappearance. The person was later identified and his death listed as unexplained.

Tbh, it makes me think more that the police disregarded her statement because she's a known attention seeker so she slurped her story up a bit and took it to the paper instead, proving their point. I'm only speculating though. It just seems more than coincidental that her story has inconsistencies and things that don't make sense even to us and the police apparently didn't follow up on her report.

I don't think the incident sounds all that remarkable anyway. There are half a dozen plausible scenarios. Teenager playing up and Dad going "get your feet off my dashboard" and losing patience. Someone hiding because they should have been at work/school. Someone who just spent the night with somebody they shouldn't have. "Quick, get down, there's so-and-so." Etc.
What it doesn't sound like is an abduction. Abductor would have secured the victim effectively if taken by force.

What is extraordinary is the timing of the dash feet witness and Leah’s time of disappearance. Fantastic work Saint on digging up all the information the caseworker linked possibly to JMCC. I think that witness was telling the truth am not sure why anyone would want any attention for having potentially seen something. If she were a dud witness surely she would invent something more fantastical like having actually seen Leah. In her own words she said it may or may not have been something important. I was very surprised to see the cctv of JMCC in the longer length jacket. That area where the skull was discovered looks like a dump off a dump

Probably no connection to all of this but thought worth a mention.
The newspaper report shows the location just in case a local wants to check the tunnel where a human skull was found on 21st January 2019 just prior to Leah's disappearance so as at least to rule out anything.
Murder investigation to be launched after 'recent' human skull found in disused Milton Keynes railway tunnel
I wonder if the police have actually searched this same tunnel for Leah as the incident was before she went missing and it seems an isolated place if the poor guy was in the tunnel since 2015. I couldn't find the tunnel on google earth or google maps and ended up at the local Zainabiya Islamic centre. If anyone else can find the tunnel it is somewhere nearby this location.

Thank you for posting the detail, can’t believe he was in the tunnel so long undetected you’d assume kids from the local estate would hang out there it might be overgrown

I think that witness was telling the truth am not sure why anyone would want any attention for having potentially seen something.

sbm

I'm not saying I understand it, but the phenomenon of timewasters and attention seekers responding to police appeals is well recognised, to the point where police weigh up the likelihood of any useful information versus the amount of man hours that will inevitably be wasted following false leads before going ahead.

I can very easily see that such a timewaster would resent not getting the attention they were hoping for and might then go to the papers complaining that their (not very) vital information was ignored by the police.

JMO

Where are you getting 9am from @WiseOwl? Was it another source? Just glancing at the review document, which confirms that JM reported at the Bucks probation office as scheduled on 15/2/19 but it doesn't say what time.

If it really was at 9am, then there's a limit, I think, to how far away the prison he was released from could have been.

If he was a Cat A prisoner, then apart from Woodhill the only others even remotely in striking distance are Whitemoor in Cambs and Long Lartin in Worcs. But he may not have been a Cat A prisoner by the time of his release. I'll read the review properly later and see if it sheds any light. Thank you for posting it.

Hi,

I couldn't find where I saw that JM had to report at the PO at 9 am, I thought it was from another poster but I've been over the first 3 threads and can't find it. So scratch that from the records then!

One interesting thing I found out is that a current director of the Furzton Lake Management Company has the name McCann. Click on the link and then the People section and their name is there.

I wonder if there's any connection to JM?

FURZTON LAKE MANAGEMENT COMPANY LIMITED filing history - Find and update company information - GOV.UK

That's a really interesting find WO.

One thing I've always wondered is the fact that leah appears to just 'vanish'. No sightings of her on cctv further along her route to work past buzzacot lane/teletubbie hill, no sightings on public transport, etc. Part of me wonders if she is still in the area but hidden somewhere? I'm not local but have read there are what's called redways throughout MK which in places are fairly secluded and overgrown. The reason I mention this is because of the recent discovery of the remains of a missing airline executive a year after he disappeared. The area where they found his car has been searched several times including using bloodhounds yet he has only recently been discovered.

Human Remains Discovered at Suburban Forest Preserve Identified as Missing United Exec

"Human remains discovered at Waterfall Glen forest preserve Friday have been identified as Jake Cefolia, the United Airlines executive who went missing last year, according to officials.The contractors were removing invasive species in the area when they came across "human remains hanging from a low hanging tree," said Chief David Pederson with the Forest Preserve District Police."

Cefolia was reported missing on Aug. 8, 2020.

Found Deceased - IL - Jake Cefolia, 49, jogging, car found, SVP of United Airlines, Chicago, 6 Aug 2020

That's a possibility Holly.

I recall in the early days when Leah first disappeared that the TVP searched an area called Bradville in MK.

Just north of this is some woodland and lakes - Bradwell Lake being one of them. Also the Great River Ouse runs past them.

I wonder if the police searched this area as well, it's looks secluded enough to hide/dispose of a body?

That's a really interesting find WO.

One thing I've always wondered is the fact that leah appears to just 'vanish'. No sightings of her on cctv further along her route to work past buzzacot lane/teletubbie hill, no sightings on public transport, etc. Part of me wonders if she is still in the area but hidden somewhere? I'm not local but have read there are what's called redways throughout MK which in places are fairly secluded and overgrown. The reason I mention this is because of the recent discovery of the remains of a missing airline executive a year after he disappeared. The area where they found his car has been searched several times including using bloodhounds yet he has only recently been discovered.

Human Remains Discovered at Suburban Forest Preserve Identified as Missing United Exec

"Human remains discovered at Waterfall Glen forest preserve Friday have been identified as Jake Cefolia, the United Airlines executive who went missing last year, according to officials.The contractors were removing invasive species in the area when they came across "human remains hanging from a low hanging tree," said Chief David Pederson with the Forest Preserve District Police."

Cefolia was reported missing on Aug. 8, 2020.

Found Deceased - IL - Jake Cefolia, 49, jogging, car found, SVP of United Airlines, Chicago, 6 Aug 2020

I think this is a very likely explanation. Like I said before I've got a family member who found a skeleton in a wood years after the person went missing. It can happen.

That's a possibility Holly.

I recall in the early days when Leah first disappeared that the TVP searched an area called Bradville in MK.

Just north of this is some woodland and lakes - Bradwell Lake being one of them. Also the Great River Ouse runs past them.

I wonder if the police searched this area as well, it's looks secluded enough to hide/dispose of a body?
Is this the place between Newport Pagnell and New Bradwell where the turning is off the main road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie