Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone link me to the police phone call reports? The ones with the official dates, times, reasons for calls etc. I had a clean out of the windows on my phone and thought “oh well, I’m stepping down from all of this” but I can’t quite let this all go yet. Especially now that NPPD says one thing and SB says another. I know the official call went in on Sept 17th but hey ho, I’d like to see it again. MOO until I find the reports. Will edit to post links if I locate them or a kind soul has them.
Thanks.
Edit: sorry, might help to mention I was referencing the missing person report from the Laundries. (Thank goodness it’s the weekend tomorrow).
Not sure, but this may be what you are looking for.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Dozens of police calls to Florida home after Gabby Petito was last seen

Curious. The "partial skull" must mean skull intact, lower jaw missing, then. Just MOO, if the partial skull does not mean a partial piece from a gunshot. MOO. I wonder if we will ever find out?
the partial skull i was assuming was the lower part with the teeth, which is how ID was so quick...
not sure how shattered vs a hole a gunshot a close range would be for a skull, but assume various skull chards would be close

This may sound like a dumb Q,but is Google Earth Live? if so, can you look at a previous date to see what a spot looked like in the recent past? My browser is too old to get google earth. jmo If it can be done, could it be screen shot? for sept 13 and 14.

No, it is static imagery from a a given date. Depending on the area, you can look back in time, but only for dates where there are images. In the Morphew case, for example, the latest imagery is from 2015, making it not very useful.

So IF he shot himself, did he do it when the area was dry and then it flooded?
Or did he swim out in the swamp and do it?
The swamp according to experts was flooded all of September, as its the rainy/hurricane season there. usually October is pretty bad as well (my father lives near the area), but this year in October it was much much less rain than usual

WFLANow show is just concluding

Interesting to note that now, in contrast to most of the past shows I've watched, there have been quite a few comments on 'harassment & bullying' of the parents at Wabasso. ( That emphasis is new)

Quotes from the video commenter who was just last on the show

ETA link, those comments were c 15mins towards the end of the show

Last edited:
As far as what method was used... I could see hanging as some mentioned, although i assume the device would still exist even if water or animal came after the fact. If self inflicted wound like writs, then i guess that's possible and something small used could have washed away.
On the other hand, where I live we've had people buy things off the dark web that do the job painlessly and quickly or so advertised. In that case they should be able to find it through computer and shipment records.
so I'm gonna go with self inflicted wound, not a gunshot would also be a reason animals were attracted.

i wonder if LE was able to put together some video from misc street/home/business cameras along the most probable surface street routes that any of the laundries vehicles and/or gabby's van would have taken to and from that park parking lot. speculating here, i'd find it interesting to see brian in mustang going to the park and 5 min later the big red/maroon truck drives by right behind the mustang. picture isn't good enough to tell who is driving the truck. MOO. But any pictures of the 2 laundrie vehicles and gabby's van from about sept 7 till oct 20 would be great info.

thank you for this. I was trying to figure it out based on past maps and this really makes it clearer to me.
I'm getting from this
1. He really did not go far at all making me think he didn't even try to run. Making suicide seem much more likely than trying to hide out and get attacked at night.
That said he could have come back to the car, seen it was gone and just given up at that point... really wish they hadn't moved the car.

2. those brown areas I am assuming were the areas covered in water, which also make sense how things could have been underwater. I'm guessing the cadaver dogs never searched this area since they would have been able to detect it. But yes much better perspective on what searchers were up against... still hard to believe he was so close and went unnoticed.

BBM
You're welcome!
The Google Earth pic is dated 2/2020 so its a February view.
There is no image available for the month of September.
However, I've attached an image from November 2007.
Years apart, but perhaps closer to conditions of October.

I agree about the Mustang.
It would have been towed at some point but that slice of time could have been what we call in recovery...
The 5 minute miracle.

Attachments

• N 07.png
    N 07.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 31

Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
27m

Just interviewed North Port Police. Headlines:
-Notebook: they believe it is salvageable
-They think it is purely coincidence the Laundries found Brian's personal items at reserve.
-Police never followed Brian in the Mustang when he went to the reserve. More soon on NewsNation.
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin

·
26m

Also -- they are disputing Laundrie attorney Steven Bertolino's timeline about when he told police Brian was missing.

I don't put much into what NPPD says. They also claimed they knew where he was, until he went for his hike. uh ha

From what I've gathered from the posts & input from everyone in this group, this, to me, is the most likely timeline.

Aug 27 - BL kills GP in a fit of rage. (Not planned.)

Aug 28-29 - BL hikes alone to the Northwest (or hitchhikes)

Aug 29 - BL hitchhikes back to GP (Confirmed by 2 drivers), begins driving home?

Aug 30 - BL begins/continues home. Likely also calls home.

Sept 1 - 11am - BL arrives home. Just to buy himself time to think, talks about a breakup. NOT a crime.

Sept 11 - Gabby’s parents’ freak out; Brian has to talk to his parents to ensure they don’t respond

Sept 11-13 - Brian ends up sharing everything with his parents

Sept 13, PM - Brian leaves home on a “camping trip.”

Sept 13-15 - Brian kills himself.

Sept 14-16 - Parents don’t share Brian is gone because it looks suspicious. They haven’t decided what to do yet so want to buy time & protect him in the meantime

Sept 17 - Parents decide it’s been too long, are worried about Brian. SB suggests his odd parsing of them offering to help with Brian, but NOT with Gabby, as “they are two separate investigations”

Sept 17-Oct 21 - Parents prod LE to keep searching in the place where they eventually find Brian.

Obviously MOO!

Agree with your timeline 100% (bolded by me) bc

At 23/24 years old IMO BL was not a hardened criminal nor a master of anything YET. The path BL took was not unspoiled wilderness but unfortunately paved by far too many before him, littered with pain, damage and harm.

Sadly answers Gabby's parents need I fear they will never receive from the Laundries. MOO

Men Mature After Women — 11 Years After, To Be Exact — A British Study Reveals

Attached:
1) Updated Map (dated 10/22/2021) that now includes the approx. location of Brian Laundrie's Remains.
2) Google Earth pins for Mustang location & approx. location of BL remains.
*Distance between is approx. 1050 yards.

Note*Remains location is based upon this Daily Mail link.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10117913/Human-remains-search-Brian-Laundrie-BONES.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline&s=09

Thank you so much for those maps ctmom they help out a lot!

I guess now my questions are primarily about the area covered in water where BL's remains were found.

Will they be able to tell how long his remains were in the water? Was that water already there where he entered? Is it possible he died from drowning in that water? Would scavengers including feral hogs have gotten to him while in the water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998