Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I think I remember that in NS missing person report for GP, she stated NY as the location she was returning to, and listed the FL address as a previous address... So maybe they did move back to NY, or were planning to? JMO

(I see someone else posted this too... I'm way behind the flying pace of the thread!)

If they had moved back to NY, Gabby's mom would not be asking where Gabby's stuff is as it would be there with her or other members of the family.

SB said it wasn't the parents, instead some other Laundrie family household member. But you might be right, I don't know who signed it or who is on record for filing it. There has to be someone on the dotted line.
The report says officer initiated so perhaps when SB said household he meant an officer that was in the Laundrie house that Friday evening?

Who knows? Lots of twists and turns in this case. We still don't know BL's cause of death. We can assume he died by his own hands, animal attack, or starvation/thirst...but I
want to know, maybe it was homicide? Could be reaching but it's possible, right?
He was hiking/camping and someone killed him? Sounds crazy, I might be reaching here.
What if died at a different location and was dumped there. I'd like to know.
This ! ^^^^

There are possibilities that are not far fetched, given the misleading by those close to the case.
Plus their silence --- and according to some it may have been the Laundrie's son-in-law who reported Brian missing, and not the parents ?
If so this is big news.
What in the world is going on ?
How could anyone let Brian leave the house while he was according to SB -- grieving and distraught ?
MOO.

SB keeps trumpeting that the whole area in question was under water 5weeks ago, so how did Brian wind up there? Wade in? And if parents had a good idea of where he would be, then how did they not find him in their 4 hour hunt for him? jmo
THIS!!!! I think I'll wade into this gator infested swamp up to my armpits and shoot myself. No gun found. Before I was a translator, I was a cartographer (Close Encounters :) ) a map maker. Anyone have a topographical map of the game preserve and the area where the "remains" were found? A topographical map illustrates land elevations. If the area where the "remains" were found has a higher elevation than the rest of the park, it might NOT have been underwater, or may have only been inches under water for the last month or so. Land elevation is important.
MOO

[QUOTE="Barbie619 snipped for focus]

While no one will ever be held accountable in a court of law, BL's death means he will never get the punishment he deserved. Do we think this case is now solved? We now know BL will never hurt another woman, we are pretty sure he killed Gabby, but is that enough? I guess it will have to be since no one involved in this crime is alive to speak up and speak out.
Perhaps his punishment is in his next life when he comes back as a plastic water bottle, easily and quickly discarded?[/QUOTE]

The man who murdered my cousin and her business partner committed suicide after a NY State trooper tried to pull him over several hours after the murders. It leaves things unsettled, the why is never answered.

Every chance he gets, maybe it’s some type of bizarre strategy. A good attorney can anticipate/:see 7 steps ahead but this guy can’t seem to get across the street without tripping
That's what he wants us to think. Dumb like a fox. We'll see how well he does moving forward. I doubt charges will be brought against the parents. Too much time and money for the outcome. The city may try to saddle them with some costs for the searches tho. We'll see; i doubt it.

Would love to hear our legal experts weigh in on this.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Gotcha & thanks but still, if it was just a formality to facilitate filing misper why is Josh Taylor so explicit that the couple were planning to move back to NY?
Haven’t had a chance yet to view that report, so no opinion yet

This ! ^^^^

There are possibilities that are not far fetched, given the misleading by those close to the case.
Plus their silence --- and according to some it may have been the Laundrie's son-in-law who reported Brian missing, and not the parents ?
If so this is big news.
How could anyone let Brian leave the house while he was according to SB -- grieving and distraught ?
MOO.

Great questions. I wish we had the answers. I'm sure the FBI has all the info they need right now.
So if Cassie's husband reported him missing that's why the parents won't speak to her anymore?

Ashleigh Banfield's interview w/Mr. Bertolino has posted to YouTube:
Thanks for posting this full video link. Imo, much confusion has come from viewing isolated segments. In viewing this interview in its entirety, SB actually explains alot. There is much speculation based on the timing of when BL left, when FBI & SB discussed BL’s failure to return, when NPPD became aware they’d “lost” BL & when/why the missing persons report was filed days after the fact. If you listen to the entire interview, the timeline is very clear & the reasons people have become confused become clear too.

For the record, while I think SB should stop doing interviews, I think he really is just a long-time friend of the L’s, practicing in the wrong branch of law, but trying to counsel his friends in an impossibly traumatic circumstance. Perhaps the L’s couldn’t afford the pricier tag of a criminal attorney. Idk. But what I see is much twisting of SB’s words. I think EVERYTHING about this case has proven to be MUCH simpler than the places the imagination goes.

Two young adults who really did love each other developed a very unhealthy, immature, toxic & at times abusive manner of interacting with each other. BL killed GP in an escalated fit of rage, then killed himself. GP’s dad never liked BL & called him a feminine version of his name. GP’s mom thought BL would keep her safe on the trip. The L’s did not want to interact with GP’s parents- maybe to legally protect their son, maybe because they didn’t like them ever. It’s not clear.

Imo, the only thing that can matter at this point is how can we ALL recognize these signs & help all couples- but especially young adults- navigate through life in a healthy, mature way? There’s got to be a way to help people learn & avoid this scenario.

All moo, imo, jmo etc.

This ! ^^^^

If so this is big news.
MOO.
I've thought about this many times. Was BL a liability to someone? Was a squatter living in the preserve? Was another fugitive hiding out there?

The report says officer initiated so perhaps when SB said household he meant an officer that was in the Laundrie house that Friday evening?
Oh I didnt know it was officer initiated. But, I don't think LE = "Laundry family household member". I'll have to go read the transcript again, I got the distinct impression that he was pretty angry at a family member for initiating (in some way) the report. He could have been referring to other family members cooperating with le, while Roberta and Chris were not.

Imo

Anything to make of the NPPD misidentification of Brian being in Tampa? I am curious as to how they thought he was there. Because does that mean the neighbors also saw someone who looked like Brian (but not
Brian) between 9/6 and 9/12? Could throw the timeline into question. Also-SB didn’t specify the Laundries when he said household. Is it possible that Gabbys parents made the missing persons report? She said she thought they were both missing. And his parents were residents of FL…..

SB keeps trumpeting that the whole area in question was under water 5weeks ago, so how did Brian wind up there? Wade in? And if parents had a good idea of where he would be, then how did they not find him in their 4 hour hunt for him? jmo
Check some weather archives. According to this one, it rained quite a bit on 9/14 (1.6") and 9/21 (1.4") in Punta Gorda, not far from the reserve (I used North Port as the location, but Wunderground changed it to the nearest station in that area). It could have been relatively dry until 9/14.
Punta Gorda, FL Weather History | Weather Underground

Attachments

• punta-gorda.png
    punta-gorda.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 3
Perhaps his punishment is in his next life when he comes back as a plastic water bottle, easily and quickly discarded?

The man who murdered my cousin and her business partner committed suicide after a NY State trooper tried to pull him over several hours after the murders. It leaves things unsettled, the why is never answered.[/QUOTE]
How terrible!

I'm confused why the discrepancy of whether he left on the 13th or 14th really even matters? Like why would SB or the Ls even bother to change their tune about what date he left? Was it because they didn't want to be seen as going with him to the Reserve on the 14th (when they were later said to be out there searching for him) so as not to been as assisting him with a getaway? So they changed it to the 13th, so it would look more like they were actually only looking for him there on the 14th? Does it really even matter at this point? ? Or tried to lie and make it look like it was later because they waited so long to report? But then, told by LE there was camera footage of him leaving on the 13th, so they recanted and changed their date to the 13th?

Perhaps his punishment is in his next life when he comes back as a plastic water bottle, easily and quickly discarded?
I think it was more so to correct the record as to not be seen as lying. JMO.

SB said it wasn't the parents, instead some other Laundrie family household member. But you might be right, I don't know who signed it or who is on record for filing it. There has to be someone on the dotted line.
I guess because he was an adult they wouldn't have to sign it. Can't NPPD file it on their own, after discussion with the people with whom he had been residing? As I said, they probably needed to file a report so search and rescue services would be implemented......and at that point, his parents really wanted to know what happened to him. He wasn't a fugitive yet, just a missing person. jmo

I've thought about this many times. Was BL a liability to someone? Was a squatter living in the preserve? Was another fugitive hiding out there?

I mean it's possible.
There are some people living off-grid that could get violent if felt threatened or killed BL in a robbery. It's possible.
Or BL was never seen leaving the house because he killed himself at the house, or was killed at the house before Sept. 14th.
If the cameras do NOT show BL leaving alone in the Mustang you have to wonder how did he live and when?
When was the last sighting of him by neighbors and via those cameras? Was he ever thereafter Sept 6th?
The simplest and easiest answer he hiked and died by his own hands, either suicide, starvation, or animal attack. It really just might be that simple of an answer.

Oh I didnt know it was officer initiated. But, I don't think LE = "Laundry family household member". I'll have to go read the transcript again, I got the distinct impression that he was pretty angry at a family member for initiating (in some way) the report. He could have been referring to other family members cooperating with le, while Roberta and Chris were not.

Imo
I think I’ve come to the conclusion after listening to that part a billion times lol that by saying someone in the “Laundrie household,” SB meant a person that was in the Laundrie house during that discussion. That’s JMO because of what he said right after when he named the parents, NPPD, & the FBI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member