Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #77

Status
Not open for further replies.
The starting point for that search was that they were looking for a guy who had disappeared 3 days ago, when it was actually 4.
Several weeks passed before the truth was admitted and we have no way of knowing how quickly the FBI got the cctv footage.

I do think they had more reason to search that swamp than the evidence we have heard.
A substantial amount more.

Gabby was only reported missing on 11th.
He disappeared on the 13th.
bbm
This ! ^^^

Esp. the bolded.
Sounds like clear obfuscation ?
Imo.

THIS!!!! I think I'll wade into this gator infested swamp up to my armpits and shoot myself. No gun found. Before I was a translator, I was a cartographer (Close Encounters :) ) a map maker. Anyone have a topographical map of the game preserve and the area where the "remains" were found? A topographical map illustrates land elevations. If the area where the "remains" were found has a higher elevation than the rest of the park, it might NOT have been underwater, or may have only been inches under water for the last month or so. Land elevation is important.
MOO
THANK YOU!!!

So let’s say, hypothetically, that if an open records request for body cam footage surrounding the missing person report for Brian was denied stating something like: The City of North Port has reviewed your request and has determined that the records requested are exempt from disclosure per the following statutes: (119.071(2)(c)1)
This completes this hypothetical request. Hypothetically received 9/2.
What does it mean as far as criminal charges?
Statute: page 17
http://myfloridalegal.com/webfiles.nsf/wf/rmas-9h6k6f/$file/2014leguide.pdf

9/2?

I'm going to guess they wanted the date corrected because it didn't align with demonstrable facts (the videos.). And they preferred for people to think they have an awful memory rather than to be seen as giving him (more of) a head start? That's my guess....

As far as the Laundries knew, their lawyer reported Brian missing to the FBI on the evening of the day he went missing. So why would they deliberately misstate the date when they thought the FBI already knew?

They most likely corrected the date because it was wrong. Why would they not correct it if they realized it was wrong?

Last edited:
All Moo...
I'm pretty sure he said it was not family member and ruled the sister out. SB stated he contacted FBI, Friday and had "conversations". SB was concerned filing a missing person was a rue for FBI to gain access to the L house. Per SB, "it was decide to file a MPR" as FBI had a sighting of BL in Tampa and it would open up a full search for him.

The Josh Taylor NPPD public relations officer in the short interview with Brian Entin, Twitter...stated, he was in the room when the FBI called Friday 9/17 and notified NPPD BL was missing and to go to Ls home to take a MPR.

All the time BL is missing and he's concerned with protecting the Ls. Hum....

Moo...I had to watch the video and do several replays to figure out what happened. SB is good at the tap dance.
At first I thought that SB said it was not Cassie when AB immediately asked him. I posted that last night, that SB had said no it wasn't her. But I got rightfully corrected too late to delete. SB did not say that it wasn't Cassie. He said some word salad, but did not say it wasn't her. The only Laundrie family household members he specifically ruled out were the parents.

Last edited:
Why would the FBI not want a missing persons report, but the NPPD did? That's what SB is implying. He told the FBI and if they blew it off that's their own decision. Paraphrased. IMO

Doesn't the FBI only take missing persons reports for children under a certain age? If it were the case that any missing person report could just be filed with the FBI, wouldn't they have 600,000 cases?

I always thought that local jurisdictions handled initial missing persons cases, unless there was evidence of children being taken over state lines - or, apparently, in some cases involving minor children. I do know that most missing children's cases are still filed locally first - FBI can be called in to assist.

Great. I personally believe the parents and lawyer were in contact with Brian from the moment he was dropped off at Jackson Hole. He abruptly changed his hitchhiking plans, returned to the crime scene, stole the van and returned home. He was also advised to bust up the phones and ditch them before he hit the Florida border. No tracing calls home. No tracing calls to the lawyer. No tracing calls - period.
MOOing.
I think this is a strong possibility too

Doesn't the FBI only take missing persons reports for children under a certain age? If it were the case that any missing person report could just be filed with the FBI, wouldn't they have 600,000 cases?

I always thought that local jurisdictions handled initial missing persons cases, unless there was evidence of children being taken over state lines - or, apparently, in some cases involving minor children. I do know that most missing children's cases are still filed locally first - FBI can be called in to assist.
You're probably right, and SB must have known that for sure. His excuse was that he told the FBI offhand, that BL had not come back that night from the hiking trip, and added something like "I don't blame him because of all the reporters out front", paraphrased.

So SB most likely knew that the FBI would not file a report, all he had to do was stop the NPPD from doing one. To buy time.

IMO

So depending on the time of day BL went to the park they could've installed the camera later and that's why they missed him moo

ETA They originally thought he left for the park on 14th, so maybe this is how they worked out that he didn't go on 14th because the mustang wasn't there. So it was another piece of evidence to get the parents and SB to admit to the date change of the 13th?
I think the video evidence from the reporters in front of the home was the main piece of evidence—BE and Fox were really clear about when they showed up—but I’m sure the camera info confirmed. MOO.

I hope the FBI is still searching around Jackson Dam for those phones as the Lake levels are at historic lows right now. In addition I also found this article show the Coulter Bay Marina levels before BL even showered there and hitch hiked. At these levels I don't think he would have disposed of the phones in that location.
links: with dates and photos
SNAPPED: Historically low water levels at Colter Bay Marina
Low water levels force Jackson Lake marina closures - Yellowstone Insider
I knew the levels were low but I didn't look at them until now.
moo

Ya’ll may not like me but I think it’s possible that SB may have been talking to FBI and perhaps they weren’t sharing everything w/NPPD. JT talks a lot, maybe they were protecting the integrity of the investigation even amongst agencies? I say this even as I agree SB is a handful and should probably just shut up now. IMO.

I think that is possible - because I think his delivery that BL simply didn't return home yet that night bc of the press set it up to be inconsequential and raising no flags. This was done with purpose IMOO.

That article is so misleading. The first person found was a missing person near Joshua Tree NP, Ms. Cho, who had run off during a dispute with her boyfriend and was eventually found dead in the Mojave Desert.

The second person was a father from TX, reported missing south of Grand Teton NP - and he had his own separate search mission, no one associated with Gabby's search found him. He was a suicide.

The third person was in a Walmart parking lot in Alabama (but reported missing by his family). The fourth was a missing woman in Colorado. The fifth were unidentified remains found in South Carolina.

The six and seventh are, apparently, Gabby and Brian.

Missing persons are found all the time. There is no indication that any of these missing people were found by people who were looking for Gabby or Brian. None of them were found in Spread Creek or in the Carlton Preserve area. It's clickbait, IMO. Although it is interesting, always, which cases capture the public imagination (in this case, worldwide). The search for Ms Cho was ongoing and completely separate from the search for Gabby or Brian - same with Mr. Lowery.

The article also includes Kylen and Crystal (who have their own thread here). There was never a missing persons case filed for them, as they were found dead by a friend who spent many hours looking for them - and found them.
I agree that the article is misleading about missing people being found because of the search for BL.
I posted for the bit about the fugitive, Ethan Waters, who was also wanted but for non-violent crimes.
I believe he was captured because of the search for BL.
I believe that LE thought EW was BL and they were hot on his trail until the arrest was made.
I think LE was surprised that it wasn't BL in the end.
jmho

Great. I personally believe the parents and lawyer were in contact with Brian from the moment he was dropped off at Jackson Hole. He abruptly changed his hitchhiking plans, returned to the crime scene, stole the van and returned home. He was also advised to bust up the phones and ditch them before he hit the Florida border. No tracing calls home. No tracing calls to the lawyer. No tracing calls - period.
MOOing.
Me too @TheGardener. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads