Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did the parents know where he headed to? Did he tell them exactly where he going?
I could never figure that out. He must have given them a head's up.
They said he went to the C reserve, they failed to mention that he entered by way of MYA gate, although the Mustang parked there was definitely a clue! jmo

Another piece of MOO information we have is the parents telling the FBI that BL went to the Reserve. I would be stunned if SB had not counseled them that once they came calling on Friday the 17th, learning that he had been gone, that to have lied to them about his whereabouts would be a crime in and of itself. MOO. So, I do think that he counseled them on this. And, I do think they did not lie to the FBI after this counseling. To do so would be fatal. It wouldn't matter if there was another crime. This is a stand-alone crime. MOO

I cannot see BL ever admitting what he did to Gabby -- to anyone, either in conversation or in his notebook. JMO.

I'm curious why BL chose the evening or early morning of Sept 13th to go to the reserve then. What triggered it then?

I'm not really seeing the coincidence here. They knew where he was. They told LE where he was. They searched where knew he was. And there he was.

Its not like they stumbled across the items and remains in a corn field in Iowa. He was exactly where they said he was from the start. jmo

He was right where they said he was but tons of searchers had already covered that area thoroughly. So the question is why did the parents find him there when countless before them didn’t find him there?

I think BL's parents just wanted him found, and were convinced BL was in there.
The re-opening of the park was a sign that the FBI intensive search was over (and they may even have been told the big search was going to conclude).

For example (among many), I remember Matthew Leveson's parents went out - once the police search for their son concluded - and searched for Matthew a lot. I don't think continuing the search for your child ever really ends, until they are found.

imo
Searching for a lost loved one never ends.

I also agree that SB has inserted himself into this story. It makes sense to me to dissect his statements since they provide a lot of information. At the same time, he could be quiet and let the story be about Gabby and BL. I find myself judging the Laundries because they have not removed this angry man from the narrative. None of this should have been about SB but he’s done an excellent job at inserting himself at every turn. JMO.

I’m wondering people’s thoughts about the retention date of SB. He said he became “involved” Sept 11 (just as, or immediately after, the van was towed, apparently, based on his timeline).

Then he tells Ashley that anything from Sept 1-10th was privileged. But he hasn’t apparently been retained on those dates—so can privilege really be retrospective?

Thrn when pressed about that by Ashley he said something like, Ive been their lawyer for 20 years so everything they say to me is privileged—does that really work? Is it really a blanket thing like that?

and then, of course if he represented the parents in the juicing business or whatever it was, that still would not have ever included BL, before the 11th, right?

Do I have any of this wrong? Did what he said about legal representation add up to anybody?

JMO
I have the same questions regarding the dates prior to Sept. 11

I appreciate everyone’s thoughts and dissections of SB’s interview(s) last night. I’m flabbergasted at his demeanor. I also don’t understand why he is doing this world tour of interviews so immediately in the aftermath of his clients losing their child. After watching 2 interviews, I’m still unclear what he is trying to accomplish. Once again, he could exercise his right to not speak and nobody would have any of this nonsense on film. He complained about how he was tired from all the interviews and it was causing him to misspeak… then why not just not accept the interviews. Take a few days, allow for the grieving process, and decide together with the Laundries what the best strategy is going forward because his current strategy sucks, IMO.

JMO.

Is SB being paid for these interviews?

I'm curious why BL chose the evening or early morning of Sept 13th to go to the reserve then. What triggered it then?
Two decent speculations, IMO, that I’ve seen other posters on here suggest are:

1. Convos with the lawyer on 11 & 12 (maybe advised to turn himself in?—Jmo) &

2. Gabby’s mom’s press conference on the 12th (perhaps felt a degree of guilt, but IMO probably more of an awareness that instead of this somehow fading away it was gaining national attention & momentum). Jmo!

He was right where they said he was but tons of searchers had already covered that area thoroughly. So the question is why did the parents find him there when countless before them didn’t find him there?

Could be that he arrived at the Reserve later to solidify the parent's story (bc lying to the FBI is a crime in itself), or could be this: Found Deceased - WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78 (<-- because they visited him that week before the press really honed in per @simplemind So they did, in fact, know where he was - at least in the beginning.)

MOO JMO

Another piece of MOO information we have is the parents telling the FBI that BL went to the Reserve. I would be stunned if SB had not counseled them that once they came calling on Friday the 17th, learning that he had been gone, that to have lied to them about his whereabouts would be a crime in and of itself. MOO. So, I do think that he counseled them on this. And, I do think they did not lie to the FBI after this counseling. To do so would be fatal. It wouldn't matter if there was another crime. This is a stand-alone crime. MOO
They could have drawn a map for LE right off the bat if they were convinced that the area they eventually found his stuff in was where he would likely be. jmo

I also agree that SB has inserted himself into this story. It makes sense to me to dissect his statements since they provide a lot of information. At the same time, he could be quiet and let the story be about Gabby and BL. I find myself judging the Laundries because they have not removed this angry man from the narrative. None of this should have been about SB but he’s done an excellent job at inserting himself at every turn. JMO.

He wouldn’t be my go to guy for sure! Free or Friend…

From what I understand that area was underwater. What is your link saying it had been searched by tons of searchers?

He did fly down at least once from what I recall, but Brian pretty much went missing almost as soon as the case blew up huge, I think it was maybe just the weekend prior it caught nat'l attention and he was gone on the Monday. Nevertheless, he's a ginormous douche.

Could be, but I'm pretty sure AB asked him in the interview and he said he was on Long Island the whole time, handled it all through the phone and FaceTime. Maybe I missed something. As much of a screwup as I think SB is, if he prioritized the Laundries he should have spent some in person time there. IMO.

I'm another who's hoping against hope that Brian's notebook is legible and that he detailed what went wrong and why he killed Gabby. Also if his intentions in the park were to remain a fugitive...then we'd see his writing trail off if he starved or was attacked by an animal. Conversely, did he instead write a suicide note.

I feel the need to know and I'm nobody, so I can't bear thinking of the Petito/Schmidt families and their need for closure.

I think BL's parents just wanted him found, and were convinced BL was in there.
The re-opening of the park was a sign that the FBI intensive search was over (and they may even have been told the big search was going to conclude).

For example (among many), I remember Matthew Leveson's parents went out - once the police search for their son concluded - and searched for Matthew a lot. I don't think continuing the search for your child ever really ends, until they are found.

imo

I also think that they were tired of the protesters outside their house and thought it would stop if BL's remains were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam