Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that is needed is for Banfield to ask the name of the FBI agent SB talked to, get his phone number and call the agent and verify the story. That used to be what journalists did for a living - verify facts with the correct person when investigating a claim.
I can't find it and I'm tired of looking for it so I'm deleting the post.

Last edited:
Yes, you're both right, I had forgotten about that. I remember at the time wondering why he hadn't flown to Ft. Myers instead of Orlando.

I do wish he had flown down while Brian was a POI instead of after he disappeared. It's possible Brian would have taken advice from a lawyer rather than his parents. Moot point now.

Didn't he say last night with Ashley that he had never been there? I could swear he said it was all done by text / phone/ facetime. Which makes me wonder..... we all *thought* they were going to meet him in Orlando but what if that was a ruse and they actually met Brian there ? Maybe the library visit was to keep all eyes on them while he got away from the law office where they met? JMO

But doesn't a body survive longer in water?
Usually - but:

"Decomposition progresses far differently in a liquid medium compared to what occurs in air. Similar to the usual decomposition process that occurs in a dry environment, postmortem changes in water are affected by temperature, animal predation, clothing, and microorganisms. Additional variables such as current and the physical changes brought about by saturation of the tissue will alter the appearance of a body located in water. The author and others have observed that postmortem decomposition proceeds rapidly after the body is removed from the liquid environment. For that reason it is recommended that the postmortem examination not be delayed for any significant length of time after a body is recovered from the water (1)."

Decomposition Changes in Bodies Recovered from Water

I just have to say, frankly, that I have been on the side of Brian's parents from day 1. They have been thrust into the spotlight but we just don't know what they were told and when. They have been absolutely crucified by the media.
I agree.
The Laundries did not ask for this anymore than the Petito/Schmidt families did.
This dropped like a bomb on them all.
If they have committed a crime then they should face justice for it.
We have no evidence so far that they did.
I don't understand why they didn't answer the calls from GP's family but they must have had their reasons.

jmho

OR... have him produce a text. Because he also made mention on Cuomo I think that he "texted" them - yet another variation. I'll see if I can find that in the clip that has been linked. MOO JMO

Edit: My gosh. This guy has done so many interviews I have no idea where it is. Doesn't seem to be in Cuomo https://twitter.com/CuomoPrimeTime/status/1450996081563680768

I'll check Marnie Hughes. MOO

I thought it was Cuomo as well. Maybe it was an earlier segment where Cuomo refers to him as a source “close to the family” instead of naming him outright,

I just have to say, frankly, that I have been on the side of Brian's parents from day 1. They have been thrust into the spotlight but we just don't know what they were told and when. They have been absolutely crucified by the media.
IMO It didn’t help when JT complained about how they weren’t cooperating. We would not have known how things went down at all if he hadn’t talked about it. And it could be the case that it’s not uncommon for people to “lawyer up” when they think LE might be on the way. Maybe making it public was a strategy to apply pressure so they would talk. But it’s when he said those things that the whole country clued in to the case IMO.

All that is needed is for Banfield to ask the name of the FBI agent SB talked to, get his phone number and call the agent and verify the story. That used to be what journalists did for a living - verify facts with the correct person when investigating a claim.

Do FBI agents even talk to journalists like that? I know retired ones do, but ones actively working on a case? I don't think they do that. ... I'm not sure.

Didn't he say last night with Ashley that he had never been there? I could swear he said it was all done by text / phone/ facetime. Which makes me wonder..... we all *thought* they were going to meet him in Orlando but what if that was a ruse and they actually met Brian there ? Maybe the library visit was to keep all eyes on them while he got away from the law office where they met? JMO

Yes, he did say that. I wrote earlier about why I felt he should have come to Florida to meet in person with all three, and two posters reminded me about the Orlando trip.

But SB definitely answered AB that he had been on Long Island the whole time and communicated by phone and FaceTime, so now I think it's just more of SB forgetting or dissembling or backtracking about everything. He needs to remember that his job is the Laundries, not auditioning to be Famous Tough Guy Lawyer.

I thought it was Cuomo as well. Maybe it was an earlier segment where Cuomo refers to him as a source “close to the family” instead of naming him outright,
Thank you for reaffirming this. Maybe I missed it on Cuomo. I'm now flying through Marni Hughes.

Just my opinion, but I think whatever day he left for the reserve area — he entered it, walked/thought/maybe wrote for a few minutes or up to an hour, killed himself, and that is it. I don’t believe he even made it until dark (or wanted to).

If I remember correctly, he became involved whenever the police reached out to the L's. Us knowing that all of Gabby's family calls were being ignored, possibly due to whatever BL had told them, break up story, etc.
However, when the law became involved, they had to of figured out something bad had happened prior to September 1.
Moo

The L’s had to have known what was going on because they called SB and told them the police were at their house. Before B left. I am assuming SB called NPPD to find out why and they told him what was going on.
MO

OR... have him produce a text. Because he also made mention on Cuomo I think that he "texted" them - yet another variation. I'll see if I can find that in the clip that has been linked. MOO JMO

Edit: My gosh. This guy has done so many interviews I have no idea where it is. Doesn't seem to be in Cuomo https://twitter.com/CuomoPrimeTime/status/1450996081563680768

I'll check Marnie Hughes. MOO

I think SB might’ve told Banfield that two agents came to his office in NY and he mentioned that Brian hadn’t returned from his hike.

Something is weird about NPPD, IMO. Didn’t they put the citation on the mustang in the park on the 14th? Wouldn’t they have run the tags? Seems like they should’ve known this car belong to THAT house, and was suspiciously left in a park. By the 14th, they were already installing cameras.

Do FBI agents even talk to journalists like that? I know retired ones do, but ones actively working on a case? I don't think they do that. ... I'm not sure.
I suppose the FBI will talk to journos if they think it will help their investigation.
I believe they sometimes use the press in some instances.
jmho

Yes, he did say that. I wrote earlier about why I felt he should have come to Florida to meet in person with all three, and two posters reminded me about the Orlando trip.

But SB definitely answered AB that he had been on Long Island the whole time and communicated by phone and FaceTime, so now I think it's just more of SB forgetting or dissembling or backtracking about everything. He needs to remember that his job is the Laundries, not auditioning to be Famous Tough Guy Lawyer.
Maybe he did meet with them through conference call at another attorneys office with talks about switching to a new criminal defense attorney for Brian if he surfaced. That Orlando trip was the day after federal charge and warrant came.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member