Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think he's crazy to keep talking. And, I think on some level he must know this. But as you said, he may just not be able to help himself. MOO

Edit: Take note: He is doing the exact opposite of everything he has counseled his clients to do. MOO
Which may be his intention. He has effectively removed the heat from the parents and directed it to him personally. I've seen nothing in the media about protestors at the Laundrie house since BL's remains were found. They may be there, I don't know, but if they are the media has stopped reporting it. All the media headlines are now about SB - similar to what is happening here.

This is advantageous to both parties - SB has his name in the headlines for weeks and the L's get to grieve in peace and hopefully begin the process of moving on.

This is my musing only. I have no evidence this is SB's strategy, but it's an angle. jmo

I think SB might’ve told Banfield that two agents came to his office in NY and he mentioned that Brian hadn’t returned from his hike.

Something is weird about NPPD, IMO. Didn’t they put the citation on the mustang in the park on the 14th? Wouldn’t they have run the tags? Seems like they should’ve known this car belong to THAT house, and was suspiciously left in a park. By the 14th, they were already installing cameras.
Yeah he told Banfield he spoke to an agent. In a prior interview he told someone else he "text" an agent. MOO I'm trying to find this now.

Which may be his intention. He has effectively removed the heat from the parents and directed it to him personally. I've seen nothing in the media about protestors at the Laundrie house since BL's remains were found. They may be there, I don't know, but if they are the media has stopped reporting it. All the media headlines are now about SB - similar to what is happening here.

This is advantageous to both parties - SB has his name in the headlines for weeks and the L's get to grieve in peace and hopefully begin the process of moving on.

This is my musing only. I have no evidence this is SB's strategy, but it's an angle. jmo
I think the protestors and press at the Laundries will end for now unless and until something new comes out. MOO

Maybe he did meet with them through conference call at another attorneys office with talks about switching to a new criminal defense attorney for Brian if he surfaced. That Orlando trip was the day after federal charge and warrant came.
It doesn't sound like it was a conference call, though. Could be the source has it wrong, I guess.

Quote: Bertolino confirmed to Daily Mail that he met with the Laundries, although it's unclear what was discussed.
Brian Laundrie's parents shadowed by undercover agents on 150-mile trek to meet attorney

Buzzards/turkey vultures circle a carcass for 3 days so the meat separates easier due to decay A flock of buzzards can completely consume all the soft tissue in 1-2 days. Leaving just the bones for the hogs & gators.

Yea this strikes me a bit strange. Assuming surely 1-2 week estimated earliest TOD. You'd think someone would have noticed vultures in the area, it was too close to all the activity. Without some major storm, i just dont see a body moving too far from it's location. Unless a Croc got him at which point someone familiar may know if they dine and dash; or if they take home some takeout for later and stuff it somewhere.

Isn't there a link to a police report posted in here about a well-check visit on the 10th? This is the date I think it became all too real for them MOO. Though, I have no idea why this would be a surprise since JP (Dr. Phil, Media Thread) flat-out told them - if you don't call me back this time, I'm calling the police. MOO
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443675713828229124?s=21
Police were called to the Laundrie house two times the day before Gabby Petito was reported missing.
Reports attached. Police redacted the narratives.
Reports say: "Problem Settled"

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443677455995318272?s=21
And three police reports connected to the Laundrie house on the day she was reported missing -- Sept 11.
Again ...totally redacted.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443724072840482816?s=21
1/2
North Port Police say the reports on Sept. 10 relate to the Petito family reporting Gabby missing.
"We were working with the family to get them to report the issue where it needed to be reported at. We were simply not the right outlet to report a person missing...
2/2
...out of another state. Per policy and Florida State statute, the missing person should be reported missing where they’re last known location was." - Josh Taylor, North Port PD.

I’m wondering people’s thoughts about the retention date of SB. He said he became “involved” Sept 11 (just as, or immediately after, the van was towed, apparently, based on his timeline).

Then he tells Ashley that anything from Sept 1-10th was privileged. But he hasn’t apparently been retained on those dates—so can privilege really be retrospective?

Thrn when pressed about that by Ashley he said something like, Ive been their lawyer for 20 years so everything they say to me is privileged—does that really work? Is it really a blanket thing like that?

and then, of course if he represented the parents in the juicing business or whatever it was, that still would not have ever included BL, before the 11th, right?

Do I have any of this wrong? Did what he said about legal representation add up to anybody?

JMO

I have had my same attorney for 30 years. Even though I don’t pay a retainer fee anymore, it’s just kind of an unspoken thing that she is my attorney and when I need her again, she’ll be there.

I just have to say, frankly, that I have been on the side of Brian's parents from day 1. They have been thrust into the spotlight but we just don't know what they were told and when. They have been absolutely crucified by the media.

I wasn't remotely on their side initially. In all honesty, I thought the worst of them. My opinion has changed over these past few weeks with so many threads of discussion and endless media reports. I tend to check in with myself a lot and try to put aside my emotional reaction and lean into the facts as presented. And sometimes it comes down to remaining curious. I'm still very curious.

I do have questions, but I believe the Laundries got caught between a rock and a hard place. And I imagine BL wasn't always easy to handle. I suspect a lot more, but I'll leave it there. I hope the Laundries eventually shed some light on Brian and what led up to this. I know they don't have to, but it might serve them well and help everyone else affected by this tragic series of events to heal.

MOO.

I have had my same attorney for 30 years. Even though I don’t pay a retainer fee anymore, it’s just kind of an unspoken thing that she is my attorney and when I need her again, she’ll be there.

That's 'cos a retainer is debited against services and time billed.

If she's not doing any work for you she's not spending your money, although periodically legal accounting will go through records and suggest that you should be reimbursed some or all of the retainer after a certain amount of time has passed (they don't want to be sued by someone complaining their money was being held hostage for long periods of time).

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443675713828229124?s=21
Police were called to the Laundrie house two times the day before Gabby Petito was reported missing.
Reports attached. Police redacted the narratives.
Reports say: "Problem Settled"

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443677455995318272?s=21
And three police reports connected to the Laundrie house on the day she was reported missing -- Sept 11.
Again ...totally redacted.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1443724072840482816?s=21
1/2
North Port Police say the reports on Sept. 10 relate to the Petito family reporting Gabby missing.
"We were working with the family to get them to report the issue where it needed to be reported at. We were simply not the right outlet to report a person missing...
2/2
...out of another state. Per policy and Florida State statute, the missing person should be reported missing where they’re last known location was." - Josh Taylor, North Port PD.

Some serious “stuff” was going on in that house. IMOO

Thank you for explaining this! In my field we need to sign a new contact for any new type of service so it is a very different process.

Yeah he told Banfield he spoke to an agent. In a prior interview he told someone else he "text" an agent. MOO I'm trying to find this now.

He told Ashleigh that on the 13th two agents were in his office and he "mentioned" to them that "Brian didn't come home." (This was in the conversation where he told Ashleigh that she needed to 'forget the term 'report.')

He also said (roughly) that 'Today [October 22, the day of the interview] I confirmed this with agents and they said (again, roughly) 'Yeah, we remember you telling us that.'

I think the protestors and press at the Laundries will end for now unless and until something new comes out. MOO

Agreed (and devoutly hoped, for the sake of the neighbors if no one else!); because if there's no need to wait for Brian or try to track the parents "sneaking out" to him, there's little to no point in reporting upon their at-home reactions.

We can't say it's a desperate public need-to-know issue, because with both victim and likely perpetrator deceased, there's no point in protesters hanging around the place in order to scream queries and taunts at them. It's not forwarding any investigation and nobody else is in any known danger.

He told Ashleigh that on the 13th two agents were in his office and he "mentioned" to them that "Brian didn't come home." (This was in the conversation where he told Ashleigh that she needed to 'forget the term 'report.')

He also said (roughly) that 'Today [October 22, the day of the interview] I confirmed this with agents and they said (again, roughly) 'Yeah, we remember you telling us that.'
Yes, it wasn't the AB interview. It was prior. But I got tired of looking for a link so I deleted the post.

Yea this strikes me a bit strange. Assuming surely 1-2 week estimated earliest TOD. You'd think someone would have noticed vultures in the area, it was too close to all the activity. Without some major storm, i just dont see a body moving too far from it's location. Unless a Croc got him at which point someone familiar may know if they dine and dash; or if they take home some takeout for later and stuff it somewhere.

Does anyone know if vultures will go after a body submerged in water?

Didn't he say last night with Ashley that he had never been there? I could swear he said it was all done by text / phone/ facetime. Which makes me wonder..... we all *thought* they were going to meet him in Orlando but what if that was a ruse and they actually met Brian there ? Maybe the library visit was to keep all eyes on them while he got away from the law office where they met? JMO
"Bertolino confirmed to Daily Mail that he met with the Laundries, although it's unclear what was discussed."
Brian Laundrie's parents shadowed by undercover agents on 150-mile trek to meet attorney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell