Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet. CL put some effort into posting those pretty little signs, but he apparently didn’t lift a finger to post condolences or leave a wreath on Gabby’s memorial. IMOO
It's sad !
The truth is necessary -- but to some, unwanted.
A true victim will reach out to the family of the murdered daughter or at least send flowers.
Where is Gabby in all of the no trespassing signage posting ?
Her case is being ignored by some.
She needs justice !
MOO.

My opinion only...

Regarding ChL and RL -
I think what's part of what is hard for me to process is their incredible seemingly absolute detachment from this whole horror (at least in public). Almost like robots. No tenderness between them - no holding hands, arm of support from one to the other, etc. No outward emotion at all that I've seen. Just their ball caps, sunglasses, and that's it. Only emotion seemed to be when ChL snatched the "What if this were Cassie" sign off the lawn.
I get it that the lawyer probably advised them to remain without emotion, but there are still subtle ways to show that they are united and there for each other and upset at this whole mess.

At least CaL showed emotion during her interviews. My guess is that before the family camping trip, she was told not to ask about Gabby and probably assumed it was a breakup or something. I think I feel sorry for her because I think she was kept out of the information loop to protect her brother and possibly to protect her and prevent her from sharing any information.

MOO!

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been corroborated but if it is true, and they got to the opportunity to cut a deal, this is really disturbing IMO.
Brian Laundrie's parents 'may have already spilled the secrets of Gabby Petito's murder to the FBI' | Daily Mail Online
would not surprise me if the parents cut a deal so they don't go to jail for what they know. with BL being dead; what do they have to lose? Nobody goes to jail if they followed through with this scenario.
MOO

If true the public would be… very annoyed by this! IMOO

Not sure I follow your reasoning. As a member of the public I'd be glad BL's body was found sooner rather than later. Not only does it begin the elusive "closure" process for all concerned but sightings from up and down the AT as well as all over the US don't have to be investigated.

Personally I doubt the story is true anyway. BL was found very near where his parents told LE way back in Sept he entered the park to go hiking.
JMO

It has given me a pit in my stomach. It completely fits. IMO LE always had enough on the parents to at least haul them in for questioning. They never did and have not still. I tried to make sense of their actions a million times.

Then after never traveling here one time, SB comes down and they meet in Orlando. Why? Was it a proffer session for a plea agreement?

When did Chris Laundrie go out to the Reserve the first time after doing nothing for week? Was it right after Orlando?

And, then of course this explains exactly where the parents knew where to go - becuase they knew.

Ugh. If the Government cut a deal with the parents, when they had stuff on the parents, and they did it for Brian? Wow, call me disturbingly disappointed in our Feds because if this is they case, they have left no one to account for GP. No one. MOO IMO JMO

Brian Laundrie's parents 'may have already spilled the secrets of Gabby Petito's murder to the FBI' | Daily Mail Online

Edit to add: I never thought they would have made a deal with the parents. BL yes - possibly if they needed to find Gabby. Parents, no. If anyone gets corroboration on this please post. Thank you. MOO
Brian Laundrie's lawyer: FBI has 'everything they need' in Gabby Petito murder probe

This may be a reference to an agreement?

Sweet. CL put some effort into posting those pretty little signs, but he apparently didn’t lift a finger to post condolences or leave a wreath on Gabby’s memorial. IMOO
Why would he have? With everything that family has done from the start of this, it makes it seem like they don't care one bit about Gabby or her family.
MOO

Is that what SB was hinting at when he said something like, we talked with the FBI and decided charges for the parents weren't appropriate here... and also his comments to fox news that the fbi has everything they need with respect to the petito investigation?
Umm, you have just told me 2 things in your post that I was unaware of. Geeze. I think I'm sick. MOO I'm going to check back in tomorrow. I'm too bothered by this possibility now.

I just have to say, frankly, that I have been on the side of Brian's parents from day 1. They have been thrust into the spotlight but we just don't know what they were told and when. They have been absolutely crucified by the media.
Honest question here.
Does this mean you care more for what "Inconveniences" are befalling the L's or do you care more that a kind, caring young Gabby was murdered?

I'd say Gabby's family has every right to what they know about what happened, even if they don't actually know.
The media is just doing what they are paid to do. Would you rather a case like this or any other get NO media attention?

"..These items were found in an area that, up until recently, had been underwater.

Bertolino brought up the water level as a factor of why the discoveries had not been made during weeks of earlier searches.

The last time Chris Laundrie went to the park to search for his son, on Oct. 7, swamp water came up to the edge of the trail.

Throughout the morning Wednesday, Chris Laundrie stepped off the trail into wet but navigable brush.."

There is a photo showing his pants and shoes are wet up to his knees.
I think many have to understand that this terrain is not searchable at times - a high water level doesn't mean a previously dry trail is now under 6' of water that looks like a lake. The swampy surrounding areas, grass filled, underbrush, stickers, etc, may always be a bit muddy, but add 1-2" of rain and a high water table, you can't step off a higher trail without sinking knee deep in muck, or higher. It may not look like a lake, but you can't access it on foot safely.

Chris Laundrie's wet shoes and pants from going off-trail
49427425-10122459-Chris_and_Roberta_Laundrie_pictured_alerted_investigators_on_Tue-a-45_1634952564205.jpg

Brian Laundrie's autopsy is INCONCLUSIVE: Remains found in Florida reserve sent to an anthropologist | Daily Mail Online
ive seen people speak on this before and i doubt the wet pants show anything about the depth of the water, you can get the very botto of your pants wet and the wetness will travel up into the fabric of the cloth, that could be from only a few inches of water!

Umm, you have just told me 2 things in your post that I was unaware of. Geeze. I think I'm sick. MOO I'm going to check back in tomorrow. I'm too bothered by this possibility now.
Well, there is no confirmation yet. I will say the FBI might not have had enough to really charge the parents but probably pressured them with the threat of to get information. If this is true the positive would be the information from them about GP's murder would have to go through the FBI as the parents would have to be absolutely sure they were truthful or face real jail time. This is a better scenario than no charges and a selective version of events given to the Petitos through SB...

oh...how i feel your frustration....
I have come to the belief that the only "best outcome" is that the Gabby foundation truly truly does put focus on domestic violence.

As sweet and wonderful Gabby seems to be.......... this still was a relationship, and only recognition of this will truly bring healing and learning. All the speculation, 1000s of scenarios of what happened, and hatred to he and his family (and now shifting to SB) will prevent us from getting to the healing part of this.

I hate to say this............ but this case should truly become a "poster child" of how to really and truly understand the subtle traits of domestic violence.......... and how BOTH SIDES contribute, BUT HOW the more sensitive and gentle soul will suffer the most............
Part of the reason for this forum is to ask questions and to theorize and speculate about criminal cases.
And to come up with tips that may solve and answer questions that haven't been answered yet about a particular crime.

Cannot speak for the msm articles or social media<modsnip>.

We ask questions and speculate because that's the purpose of WS.
1,000's of scenarios does not equal animosity nor hate.
There has been much more compassion shown towards BL and his family here in this thread than any I've seen elsewhere in msm comments.

As far as healing, I can't speak for the Petito and Schmidt families, but I suspect that they may never fully heal.
Murder is not something most can understand.
Gabby was indeed sensitive and gentle and imo possibly too naive to see the extreme danger she was in.

Sadly, unless the L. parents or lawyer reach out to Gabby's family, there may never be closure.
Gabby's family also deserve to know what LE and the fbi know.
We do not.

But if the Petito's or Schmidt's make a public statement saying the Laundries have reached out to them and explained everything that happened and that they're satisfied with the answers; that will bring this case to an end.
The reason this hasn't happened ... may be that someone(s) could be charged if they've not been truthful to the fbi or to the local NNPD.
So we wait.
Imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honest question here.
Does this mean you care more for what "Inconveniences" are befalling the L's or do you care more that a kind, caring young Gabby was murdered?

Exactly. Gabby and her family are the victims… far more than BL and his family.
Gabby didn’t kill anyone, and she certainly didn’t kill herself. IMOO

That makes sense. I wouldn't doubt if when they called LE that Tuesday night they called to say they would cooperate rather than only calling to inform them of their intent to search the next day. It's as if they knew he was deceased and they no longer needed to cover for him. IMO.

Yes. Their story of deciding to look for him since the park became open the public is beyond lame.

IANAL and all I have is an opinion. But I will cut SB some slack here. Whether or not any discussions with the L’s are under privilege or not is kind of moot - the press is not the Court, and cannot subpoena or otherwise require SB to disclose what he was told and when. It’s not a crime to lie to the press, he very obviously knows this.

I just watched the Banfield interview with SB. I haven't watched any of his other interviews but I had very low expectations based upon comments I have read here. Instead I thought SB handled himself very well. I thought he was forceful but respectful even when Ashley came at him repeatedly with the same question different wording. He seemed like a competent attorney in that interview IMO.

Wow. Sure sounds like it, and I sure hope so. Of course, SB is still referring to “this saga”, “it is tragic”.

He just can’t bring himself to say her name. Gabby Petito.

Sitting down with Fox News Digital at his New York office Friday, Steven Bertolino addressed questions about whether Chris and Roberta Laundrie planned to cooperate in the investigation into the death of their son's late fiancée. After explaining what the FBI had told him, Bertolino added: "I was unaware of that as of yesterday. So, things change every day in this saga."

"And it is tragic. It's very sad," he continued. "So, ultimately, we'll see that through as it needs to be."

Wouldn’t the Petito and Schmidt families be contacted for the FBI to offer an immunity deal to the Laundries? It’s probably not required, but it seems only right. IMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa