Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Sure sounds like it, and I sure hope so. Of course, SB is still referring to “this saga”, “it is tragic”.

He just can’t bring himself to say her name. Gabby Petito.

Sitting down with Fox News Digital at his New York office Friday, Steven Bertolino addressed questions about whether Chris and Roberta Laundrie planned to cooperate in the investigation into the death of their son's late fiancée. After explaining what the FBI had told him, Bertolino added: "I was unaware of that as of yesterday. So, things change every day in this saga."

"And it is tragic. It's very sad," he continued. "So, ultimately, we'll see that through as it needs to be."

SAY HER NAME! It should be a hashtag.

My opinion only...

Regarding ChL and RL -
I think what's part of what is hard for me to process is their incredible seemingly absolute detachment from this whole horror (at least in public). Almost like robots. No tenderness between them - no holding hands, arm of support from one to the other, etc. No outward emotion at all that I've seen. Just their ball caps, sunglasses, and that's it. Only emotion seemed to be when ChL snatched the "What if this were Cassie" sign off the lawn.
I get it that the lawyer probably advised them to remain without emotion, but there are still subtle ways to show that they are united and there for each other and upset at this whole mess.

At least CaL showed emotion during her interviews. My guess is that before the family camping trip, she was told not to ask about Gabby and probably assumed it was a breakup or something. I think I feel sorry for her because I think she was kept out of the information loop to protect her brother and possibly to protect her and prevent her from sharing any information.

MOO!

I really agree with you. Even though I am so very disappointed in their choices toward the Petito family (and therefore toward Gabby, their son's fiancé, their future daughter in law, someone who trusted them enough to make her home in their home)...I have felt such a sense of aloneness for each of them....they just seem so distant. I hope it's just a public persona.

Also....Get off their lawn.

Two decent speculations, IMO, that I’ve seen other posters on here suggest are:

1. Convos with the lawyer on 11 & 12 (maybe advised to turn himself in?—Jmo) &

2. Gabby’s mom’s press conference on the 12th (perhaps felt a degree of guilt, but IMO probably more of an awareness that instead of this somehow fading away it was gaining national attention & momentum). Jmo!

The second point very possibly played a part, but to your first point, BL wasn't a fugitive on Sept 11 & 12, so he wouldn't be advised to turn himself in. He hadn't been charged with anything at that point.

Wouldn’t the Petito and Schmidt families be contacted for the FBI to offer an immunity deal to the Laundries? It’s probably not required, but it seems only right. IMOO
Very unlikely IMO. The feds would probably weigh what the L's have (potentially) told them and decide on their own if immunity is acceptable or not.
Just because it would be the right thing to do, doesn't mean they would do it or will do it. Speculation

IMO Curious then why CL wouldn’t have found him that night or the next day when he looked for him in the same spot where he was found now. I’m not positive but I don’t believe the water was high at that time since it has been reported that CL went twice to look for him. Just wondering why you think he wasn’t found right away if he did it so quickly. MOO
This question wasn't directed at me, but I do have a thought in regards to it. Even if CL walked that same trail the evening of the 13th and again on the 14th, it might be possible that he walked right past BL's body and never even knew it. He was likely looking for a living person, or so he hoped, not a body off the trail. It looked pretty dense ground cover from the video footage, and maybe it was raining, or had rained, making it even harder to search through the brush and such. Or, he didn't walk that far in on that particular trail. Or BL waded through water to get where he was at. By the time the Ls were searching and found the white bag a few days ago, I think they were looking in an entirely different manner and in drier conditions. Jmo.

I think many have to understand that this terrain is not searchable at times - a high water level doesn't mean a previously dry trail is now under 6' of water that looks like a lake. The swampy surrounding areas, grass filled, underbrush, stickers, etc, may always be a bit muddy, but add 1-2" of rain and a high water table, you can't step off a higher trail without sinking knee deep in muck, or higher. It may not look like a lake, but you can't access it on foot safely.

You explained that very well. Some people don't believe the reports of the terrain being too wet to search when Brian's dad went out on October 7th. H20 and muck right up to the trails. No cadaver dogs in that wet area. Not sinking their dogs in the muck!

K9-diesel.jpg

Photo of Diesel, provided by the Pasco County Sheriff's Office
Brian Laundrie search team adds a K-9 unit. Here’s why

Last edited:
The neighbors have encouraged it.
The neighbors have been renting out their yards to the media to camp out.
They have been providing food and drink to the media ( not sure if the protesters too.)
I don't think the neighbors like the Laundries at all.

jmho
bbm
Sorry, yes I agree with you.
Esp. the bolded. :p

I was replying to the poster I'd quoted and it morphed into a discussion re. the protesters.

As far as suing or just having the protesters arrested, I'm surprised that the L.'s didn't already do that.
There were several 911 calls to the L. home before B. left for the preserve, so the L'.s weren't unfamiliar with LE.

There's a simple solution but it still has to be implemented.
Some in the previous thread said that the protesters have a right to be vocal and do what they're doing, but at the same time the homeowner has the right to take legal action.
Why not have SB do this on behalf of the L.'s ?
He is speaking in their behalf, is he not ?
As long as the L'.s compensate him for the lawsuits, he could bring this protest to a swift end.
Imo.

It is a crime if he told the FBI one thing and is now saying another.

He most likely can say whatever he wants (to MSM, the public, etc.) without any consequences until he is under oath and/or in front of a judge. IMO.

Last edited:
Don't think you'll have to be upset for long. I'm sure everybody will forget about Gabby's murder soon enough.
That is almost what your post seems to imply.
You want the media to leave and stop reporting on this case as well? An interesting thought pattern if that is what you're thinking. What would I know though, I only want to find the truth about who committed this crime.

Like always MY OWN OPINION
The media was there for Gabby's family & JP has openly thanked them. If it wasn't for them, some cases would go unnoticed. News Nation has started a Missing in America forum, A&E posts missing persons segments, and I'm hoping that every news outlet starts doing this on a daily basis.
Most people are reluctant to share missing & unidentified person's on their social media , I'm not sure why. Does it mean that we prefer to look at our surroundings with rose colored glasses?
Moo

Wouldn’t the Petito and Schmidt families be contacted for the FBI to offer an immunity deal to the Laundries? It’s probably not required, but it seems only right. IMOO

I don't think victims families are often given that kind of power. Remember IF the Laundries obstructed, and I am not saying they did, the crime was not against GP's family.
JMO

I don't think he's coming back Monday, MOO. I think he knows that would not be smart. But who knows, perhaps he thinks he is still the smartest. My advice to this guy, not that he'd ever take it, stop talking. Just stop. Stop talking, stop texting, stop it all. While it is true that lying to the press is not a crime, it is also true that you are putting statements on the record every single time you do it. JMO
He is also doing damage to the Laundrie's case.
They would be wise to look for a more competent lawyer.
SB seems to be enjoying the publicity and that's the kind of atty. the L,'s do not need --an ambulance chaser will not help them if they are charged with anything.
Imo.

I'm curious and interested in the details of Sept 10 & 11.

From my understanding so far:

Sept 10
There were two separate times that Laundries and police had contact.
On the same day, Gabby's family was trying to reach the Laundries and they weren't responding. Gabby's family contacts police.

Sept 11
Gabby is officially reported missing.
The Laundries and police had contact three separate times.
And also on this day, the Laundries refused to speak with police and gave them their lawyer's card.

This is confusing and leaves a lot of questions.

Don't think you'll have to be upset for long. I'm sure everybody will forget about Gabby's murder soon enough.
That is almost what your post seems to imply.
You want the media to leave and stop reporting on this case as well? An interesting thought pattern if that is what you're thinking. What would I know though, I only want to find the truth about who committed this crime.

Like always MY OWN OPINION
No, not at all, everything's good. :D
But if you're upset there's no need as the comment was about the protesters.
I didn't imply that Gabby's murder should be forgotten.

I'm referring to the members who feel that people are trespassing on the Laundries' property and the neighbors.
And I didn't mention the media, who have every right to be there and should be there.
This case is about Gabby and she is the only victim, along with her family.
Myself and many others have been here for Gabby from the beginning.

The neighbors have encouraged it.
The neighbors have been renting out their yards to the media to camp out.
They have been providing food and drink to the media ( not sure if the protesters too.)
I don't think the neighbors like the Laundries at all.

jmho
Maybe "For Sale" signs will be going up next ?

The media was there for Gabby's family & JP has openly thanked them. If it wasn't for them, some cases would go unnoticed. News Nation has started a Missing in America forum, A&E posts missing persons segments, and I'm hoping that every news outlet starts doing this on a daily basis.
Most people are reluctant to share missing & unidentified person's on their social media , I'm not sure why. Does it mean that we prefer to look at our surroundings with rose colored glasses?
Moo
BBM
For this; many people don't seem to have much compassion for another human at this point in time.

What i was trying to get at with my OP was that there is no point in bashing the media for doing their jobs or the "protesters" for wanting to help get answers. I don't care that people put up a memorial on the L's lawn or that they have been around the yard. I also do not care that the neighbors have rented out their lawns to the media.

Just answering the phone when Gabbys parents called would have been the right thing to do. They chose not to. Totally ignored them. They chose to be heartless in the eyes of the world. Nothing will change that now.
Yes, their attorney probably told them to ignore Gabbys family. The fact that they did do speaks volumes…..reap what you sow, Laundries
MOO
bbm
The Laundries not calling and telling them something, is just cruel and beyond shameful. How could they do something like that to the parents of the woman their son "loved." How could they? Still SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong