Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orange paint marks the swampy, desolate spot where Brian Laundrie's remains were found | Daily Mail Online

upload_2021-10-23_23-13-2.png
upload_2021-10-23_23-14-29.png

Circles of orange FBI marker paint on leaves reveal the likely spot his skeletal remains and backpack were found by law enforcement, around 50 yards from a trail Laundrie liked to hike.

On the other side of the trail, some 20 yards into the undergrowth, an orange and a lime green flag marker were still evident. These are possibly where Laundrie’s bag and a possibly crucial notebook were discovered.

upload_2021-10-23_23-14-48.png
upload_2021-10-23_23-15-12.png
upload_2021-10-23_23-16-23.png
The reserve was described as looking ‘like Jurassic Park’ by one search and rescue expert.

Last edited:
It puzzles me how they appeared to have no civic responsibility , in letting Brian out on the streets yet again, , I mean, Brian knows he's a killer, they know he has somehow made Gabby disappear, what if he crashed into some other young woman walking her little Jack Russell, who 'annoyed' him ??

On what basis was Brian deemed safe enough , ( they say he was either grieving, distraught, upset, couldn't be stopped by them, etc ) then you ring the police and get them to stop him, , you don't want a repeat of Wyoming, surely?
A repeat of Wyoming would be Brian killing a long time live in fiance with whom he's had mutual physical altercations that he was cooped up with for an extended period. Seems slim. Assuming of course, that Brian did kill her and they knew about it.

There has been no indication that Brian would kill a stranger because they annoyed him. None.

Wow. While I think this whole case is horrible, to not hold a funeral for your son? I had thought the parents were cold, but this is ice.

It doesn’t appear that they have a friendly supportive network, them nor Brian. It’s odd to not have seen friends or church members dropping off a meal or care packages to them during a very stressful time. Or maybe there were such happenings and it was done when no one was around?

It doesn’t appear that they have a friendly supportive network, them nor Brian. It’s odd to not have seen friends or church members dropping off a meal or care packages to them during a very stressful time. Or maybe there were such happenings and it was done when no one was around?

Too many items were dropped off. There were flowers in vases wilting by the door.
There were packages.

I don't think these items were from the people yelling at them.

49234469-10097591-image-a-34_1634337210680.jpg

Christopher Laundrie could then be seen affixing a Ring doorbell camera to the front of his home

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Chris Laundrie installs apparent doorbell camera

Last edited:
ill never ever believe that the Laundries didnt know that Brian had done something bad when he showed back up at home without Gabbie...they may not have known exactly what happened but they knew something bad had, there is no other explantion as to why they wouldnt answer the Petitos texts and calls!

Wow. While I think this whole case is horrible, to not hold a funeral for your son? I had thought the parents were cold, but this is ice.
It would be a media circus with protestors screaming their hatred. No thanks.

And also, not everyone feels the need to have a funeral. I chose not to have a funeral for my husband.

A repeat of Wyoming would be Brian killing a long time live in fiance with whom he's had mutual physical altercations that he was cooped up with for an extended period. Seems slim. Assuming of course, that Brian did kill her and they knew about it.

There has been no indication that Brian would kill a stranger because they annoyed him. None.
Absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Brian's impulses were provoked by a fiance, long term or otherwise, or any cooping up for whatever amount of time. For all anyone knows Brian simply killed to have the van and the money at his own disposal, and the hell with anything, anyone who stood in his way.. On impulse. Something that could be triggered, once let loose, on anyone. Anywhere.

No one knows what pitched Brian to that level of murderous rage, that he used his own hands, ....

ill never ever believe that the Laundries didnt know that Brian had done something bad when he showed back up at home without Gabbie...they may not have known exactly what happened but they knew something bad had, there is no other explantion as to why they wouldnt answer the Petitos texts and calls!
bbm
Agreed.
I will not condone nor show compassion to anyone who refuses to answer the frantic calls from a family desperate to find their daughter.
It boggles the mind.
Why do that to someone's family who have lived with you for two years and was at one time engaged to your son ?
Gabby should have been like family to the Laundries.
I agree that they knew something.
Even now it's not too late to make amends and reach out to the Petito's and Schmidt's ?
Although that's debatable.
So much time has passed.
Imo.

Absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Brian's impulses were provoked by a fiance, long term or otherwise, or any cooping up for whatever amount of time. For all anyone knows Brian simply killed to have the van and the money at his own disposal, and the hell with anything, anyone who stood in his way.. On impulse. Something that could be triggered, once let loose, on anyone. Anywhere.

No one knows what pitched Brian to that level of murderous rage, that he used his own hands, ....
I think his parent's would know their son well enough to tell if he was a psycho serial killer.

Two dead adult children. Two families. One family awash in compassion and love. One family vilified. Each have lawyers.
What went wrong?
MOO.
As an outsider.. ..one set of parents lost their child and got legal advice. The other set of parents, got legal advice and lost their child.

How that squares up is , to an outsider, incomprehensible, yet, ...and yet.... in a way, almost expected.

Wow. The reporter refers to a “decomposed body.” I thought only skeletal remains were found. Am I confused?
They're kind of 2 different ways of saying the same thing, Beanie! Decomposition as a process refers to the loss & degradation of all soft tissue. So a fully decomposed body is essentially a skeleton. JMO

bbm
Agreed.
I will not condone nor show compassion to anyone who refuses to answer the frantic calls from a family desperate to find their daughter.
It boggles the mind.
Why do that to someone's family who have lived with you for two years and was at one time engaged to your son ?
Gabby should have been like family to the Laundries.
I agree that they knew something.
Even now it's not too late to make amends and reach out to the Petito's and Schmidt's ?
Although that's debatable.
So much time has passed.
Imo.
exactly right, at least make a effort to right some wrongs!

Makes no sense to me IMO.
Just put yourself in the Petito's / Schmidt's shoes and ask yourself again if you would have compassion for the parents of the man that (seems to) have killed your own daughter.
MOO

No definitely not. Especially when neither BL, CL or RL bothered to pick up the phone or give GP's family any information that could have helped them find their daughter.
GP was strangled and left lying in the dirt for an entire month. While she laid there alone and exposed to the heat and scavengers, BL went camping, yucked it up in family photos, went phone shopping and enjoyed walks with his mother. There was a complete and utter lack of compassion shown for the P family or their daughter. The L's ordered groceries and take out while GP's family desperately searched for their daughter and began the painful process of grieving her death. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong