Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your morning coffee, Juris:

“Conversations were had several weeks ago with the FBI with respect to certain charges,” he [SB] said. “When questioned and when communications were had between myself and the FBI, I think it was realized that charges were not appropriate.”

Two things:
- Sounds as though he's suggesting the FBI questioned them
- I note that this explanation does not preclude the possibility of some kind of immunity deal. It almost suggests one to me. JMO

Well, I watched it. Thank you for making me vomit my morning coffee @Figuring. (jk)

This does not sound good to me (at all). MOO

[8:04] SB: "This case is not over. I have yet to speak to FBI personnel. I have yet to speak with Northport Police. I have yet to speak to the Assistant US Attorney, Ms. Romine out in Wyoming. Um, there are certain things that need to be done and...and I should say wrapped up (emphasis mine) before we can have further conversations of what, um, may or may not have been done differently."

[8:35] Q: Do you think your clients, the Laundries, will eventually be charged with crimes?
A: I have no reason to believe that.

[9:00] This is the mark of your quote above. You know what several weeks ago would have coincided with? A face to face proffer in Orlando. MOO

[At 9:35] he admits there were charges against the parents discussed. Q: misdemeanor or felony charges?
Another extended pause
A: "I...I..(stutter again) don't know what level of crime or charge was um, in the mix..."

He proceeds to insist no deal was cut (it's not a crime to lie to the press, and the deal is likely awaiting being signed off on now that they have located Brian, if there is a deal). He also proceeds to normalize it - that conversations about criminal exposure are oh so normal. Then he proceeds to bash the legal analysts in MSM - again. ( The "There's not a smarter guy in the room than me, Steven Bertolino" mentality again. MOO)
He also reveals at the end that he's been in contact with GPs' family attorney - this kicks the likelihood of a deal up a notch IMO. And, also diminishes the probability of any civil suit. The family will get some answers it seems to me. MOO

As far as the balance of the video he lied again right out of the gate. MOO He said he watched Cassie and Brian grow up when he admitted to Mani Hughes after being pressed that this was actually NOT true. It astonishing. He's truly a piece of work. MOO

Was the prompt to go look for Brian the fact that the park was open? That never seemed plausible. Or, was it because they had an immunity deal? MOO

"John Q Public" as he refers to us, believe your credibility is shot. That's why. MOO

If his clients got a deal then as far as he is concerned the matter of his or their involvement has been put to bed. So, no wonder he's talking so much. This is another thing I couldn't understand - why this guy could not stop talking. Looks like we may now know why.

Oh, and this is all JMO.

bbm
Or, his lawyer ?
I think SB may be more involved than he's letting on.
MOO.

BBM

For quick reference: Banfield’s 1-on-1 interview with Laundrie family attorney | NewsNation Now

In Ashley Banfield's interview (above), SB said he had conversations with:
1) BL (12th & 13th)
2) CL
3) CL & RL
4) All 3: BL, CL, RL

Note* MIA is any conversation with RL individually.
(imo, this is a huge tell in the dynamics of this Friend/Attorney /Family relationship)

The only consistent variable, I see, in any/all of these conversations is:
SB

SB also said he has had numerous conversations with the FBI from early on regarding Gabby ... (so many he could not keep track, as evidenced in that he said he could not recall when he told the FBI that BL hadn't returned yet from his hike, (the night of the day he left for the hike or the following morning).

Now, this share this may seem a bit off topic... but hang in there.

By the Grace of God, today, I am clean, sober & have been for over 28 years of continuous sobriety.
I make no secret of this because if it helps even one struggling, tortured soul stay away from a drink or a drug, than my story has been of service to others, still out there, sick and suffering.
In doing so, this helps to keep me clean & sober.

Back in 2001, my 8th year of sobriety, I was going through a long fought, nasty emotional divorce.
One Friday night, at the end of the month, during an open meeting, a well to do, gracious, middle-aged woman who was also going through a divorce, known for sharing exuberant amounts for long periods of time, shared this:
"I am angry, disappointed, and in shock! Today, I received my monthly bill from my attorney. It was $$$$$! Thinking this was a gross mistake, I immediately called and spoke with him... I was on the phone with him for almost two hours... and tonight, I need to share that I have learned one very important thing... My attorney is NOT my therapist! (laughter in the entire room)
I am humbled because, I indeed, owe this man every penny he has billed me. Today, I am clean, I am sober and my eyes are wide open."

That woman's share has stuck with me over 28 years.. and perhaps that's because I could identify with her.

In my personal experience with attorneys, when billing hours have been in question, legal assistants have professionally produced documents containing; billing hours broken down by: Atty hours, legal assistant hours; motions filed, exhibits, Court Orders, notes of conversations, dates, times, with whom, topics discussed, how long and any agreed-upon actions going forward.

I'm also aware that attorney/client phone calls are & have been recorded.

Imo, considering what the public knows thus far, personally, I have doubts about SB's personal note-taking / recording skills, and/or whether he has and/or uses a legal assistant... to take notes and/or keep track of... billing hours, for example.

The moral of this story?

1) Time is money.
2) SB is more (than we're led to believe) of a friend to this family
or
3) The Laundrie's bill is gonna be a whopper.

imo

If you look here people writing reviews say cellphone coverage is almost non-existent: Fort De Soto Park Campground Reviews updated 2021

But, they checked out of this campground on the 8th. What we don't know is where the Laundries were after that until they called their attorney at 11:30pm on September 11. Maybe they were home, maybe they had gone somewhere else. We have no information about this timeframe at all, so we just don't know if they were somewhere that had cell service or not.
From the media thread:

"They did go to that campground September 6 and 7 as a family and they all left together despite the claims of others. The following weekend [which was 11/12 Sep] Chris, Roberta and Brian went to other places on two different dates and the FBI is aware of this."

WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21, MEDIA, MAPS *NO DISCUSSION*

I’m convinced the Laundries cut some sort of deal with the FBI in exchange for immunity. MOO.

SBM

Do you really think so? JMOO, but I really doubt it, because it doesn't appear they did anything that would warrant charges. They did wait a few days before notifying LE that Brian was gone, but he was an adult and free to go. He had not yet been charged with anything. Once they did report him missing, they told the FBI about his car, how they picked it up, where it was, and where they thought LE should look for Brian.

The main thing I think people objected to was them not answering texts or calls from the Petito family, but that's not a crime.

I think the Laundrie parents are just as much victims as Gabby's parents. The only one that committed a crime here was Brian--JMOO--and he's dead so there are no more suspects, only grieving families.

I do hope to hear that he left some sort of explanation in that notebook, however.

ill never ever believe that the Laundries didnt know that Brian had done something bad when he showed back up at home without Gabbie...they may not have known exactly what happened but they knew something bad had, there is no other explantion as to why they wouldnt answer the Petitos texts and calls!
If the immunity deal is true, we will know they did. MOO
Brian Laundrie's parents 'may have already spilled the secrets of Gabby Petito's murder to the FBI' | Daily Mail Online

Hmmm. Here’s the SB quote again:

“You couldn’t write this Greek tragedy,” Steven Bertolino told The Post Friday. “Brian is not a Ted Bundy. He’s not a demon. Not a serial killer. I’m not sure that the narrative that’s been pushed — that Brian was a mean killer and Gabby was an angel — is entirely true.”

Inside Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito's life with his parents

Hard to justify “mean killer”. Was he a “nice killer”?
The "narrative that's been pushed".
Another great way SB dismisses a real pattern of coercive control on Brian's part.

Running. Running and running, running and running, no more thinking, running, running, running, running, until he couldn’t breathe anymore, his lungs gave out, his legs gave out, he stopped, fell to the ground, looked up, pulled out a gun and ended his life.

I'd be surprised if a gun was used - surely a bullet entry and exit wound would be visible in the bones, no? And of course, the gun would have fallen on the ground and been picked up. That they still don't know the cause of death makes me think it wasn't a gun that killed him. But I'm struggling to think of ways a person could kill themselves that wouldn't be evident with the materials found - i.e. if he used a knife, the knife would have been found, if he used pills, they would likely be in the backpack or the car. The park has been mostly closed, so it's unlikely stuff would have been stolen.

ADMIN NOTE:

Posts from a non MSM source regarding a suicide note have been removed as a probable hoax. Please do not discuss them further.

Posts discussing the Michael Ruiz (mikerreports) tweet, showing a water bottle purportedly found by hikers this morning is being allowed because it does match a water bottle shown in an image taken in the back of Gabby's van.

Indeed it would be fascinating if we later find out that he took a tarp & a hammock with or in that backpack. (A person intending to camp in that reserve would need both)
Parents via attorney said 'went for a hike' ( not a camping expedition) & only mentioned backpack iirc( & absence of phone & wallet)

If the parents had deliberately omitted to mention any 'missing' camping items....

(We haven't seen the backpack yet but just wondering if it's realistic that he could fit those items in a backpack, even a large one. Sounds doubtful but IDK about contemp lightweight equipment, somebody on WS will know better on that)

Just tbc - I don't personally believe that CL was involved in any camping assistance but am interested in what BL might have taken with him

If there was a clandestine camp in the park, it’s makings wouldn’t all have to fit in the backpack. He drove. His parents also were there in an additional vehicle.

It is just my opinion that BL intended to be a fugitive, not dead by suicide. If there was any communication/delivery of supplies, I more easily can see BL ending his life as his legal troubles got worse. When he disappeared he could have believed Gabby was already gobbled up by scavenger animals. But then her body, then the manner of death, then the cause of death...he was in big trouble. His journal is probably filled with gruesome drawings and favorite novelist quotes. If he mentioned anything about the murder he committed, he probably wrote a self-centered note about what a nice guy he is, but look what Gabby did to me, making me ruin my life. MOO.

I was wrong about where he’d be found. (I assumed he commandeered a snowbirds home- provided free house sitting.) So, clearly I could be wrong about this. But I think he died by accident. Dehydrated and with severe intestinal issues? Fell asleep and got bitten by a predator
? The bite could have caused him to bleed to death, or get a deadly infection. MOO.

Without evidence, part of me thinks the Laundries brought him air filters and bleach to clean water, water bottles, and whatever else at Walmart to bring them to him the day before they hiked in. But since LE accompanied them, they were forced to bring only water bottles. Did anyone see Ch or R drink from one? I imagine (without basis) the Laundries had last heard from B that he was dehydrated and sick from drinking swamp water. And they wanted to leave him supplies.

MOO about details that are rather irrelevant now.

ADMIN NOTE:

Posts discussing the Michael Ruiz (mikerreports) tweet, showing a water bottle purportedly found by hikers this morning is being allowed because it does match a water bottle shown in an image taken in the back of Gabby's van.

Thanks for all the work, Admins!
The bottle seems to be the same type as seen in the van, indeed. Could very well be overlooked at the initial LE Search. I do however have quite some reservations concerning the 'hikers' discovering the bottle plus the other items they claimed to have found. I am hightly doubting the motive of the A. Griftin party, the 'hikers' finding the items. IMO and FWIW

Edit: typo, apologies. I am not a native English writer but trying to get it right!

Last edited:
BBM

For quick reference: Banfield’s 1-on-1 interview with Laundrie family attorney | NewsNation Now

In Ashley Banfield's interview (above), SB said he had conversations with:
1) BL (12th & 13th)
2) CL
3) CL & RL
4) All 3: BL, CL, RL

Note* MIA is any conversation with RL individually.
(imo, this is a huge tell in the dynamics of this Friend/Attorney /Family relationship)

The only consistent variable, I see, in any/all of these conversations is:
SB

SB also said he has had numerous conversations with the FBI from early on regarding Gabby ... (so many he could not keep track, as evidenced in that he said he could not recall when he told the FBI that BL hadn't returned yet from his hike, (the night of the day he left for the hike or the following morning).

Now, this share this may seem a bit off topic... but hang in there.

By the Grace of God, today, I am clean, sober & have been for over 28 years of continuous sobriety.
I make no secret of this because if it helps even one struggling, tortured soul stay away from a drink or a drug, than my story has been of service to others, still out there, sick and suffering.
In doing so, this helps to keep me clean & sober.

Back in 2001, my 8th year of sobriety, I was going through a long fought, nasty emotional divorce.
One Friday night, at the end of the month, during an open meeting, a well to do, gracious, middle-aged woman who was also going through a divorce, known for sharing exuberant amounts for long periods of time, shared this:
"I am angry, disappointed, and in shock! Today, I received my monthly bill from my attorney. It was $$$$$! Thinking this was a gross mistake, I immediately called and spoke with him... I was on the phone with him for almost two hours... and tonight, I need to share that I have learned one very important thing... My attorney is NOT my therapist! (laughter in the entire room)
I am humbled because, I indeed, owe this man every penny he has billed me. Today, I am clean, I am sober and my eyes are wide open."

That woman's share has stuck with me over 28 years.. and perhaps that's because I could identify with her.

In my personal experience with attorneys, when billing hours have been in question, legal assistants have professionally produced documents containing; billing hours broken down by: Atty hours, legal assistant hours; motions filed, exhibits, Court Orders, notes of conversations, dates, times, with whom, topics discussed, how long and any agreed-upon actions going forward.

I'm also aware that attorney/client phone calls are & have been recorded.

Imo, considering what the public knows thus far, personally, I have doubts about SB's personal note-taking / recording skills, and/or whether he has and/or uses a legal assistant... to take notes and/or keep track of... billing hours, for example.

The moral of this story?

1) Time is money.
2) SB is more (than we're led to believe) of a friend to this family
or
3) The Laundrie's bill is gonna be a whopper.

imo

Who is the person sharing here?

Well, I watched it. Thank you for making me vomit my morning coffee @Figuring. (jk)

This does not sound good to me (at all). MOO

[8:04] SB: "This case is not over. I have yet to speak to FBI personnel. I have yet to speak with Northport Police. I have yet to speak to the Assistant US Attorney, Ms. Romine out in Wyoming. Um, there are certain things that need to be done and...and I should say wrapped up (emphasis mine) before we can have further conversations of what, um, may or may not have been done differently."

[8:35] Q: Do you think your clients, the Laundries, will eventually be charged with crimes?
A: I have no reason to believe that.

[9:00] This is the mark of your quote above. You know what several weeks ago would have coincided with? A face to face proffer in Orlando. MOO

[At 9:35] he admits there were charges against the parents discussed. Q: misdemeanor or felony charges?
Another extended pause
A: "I...I..(stutter again) don't know what level of crime or charge was um, in the mix..."

He proceeds to insist no deal was cut (it's not a crime to lie to the press, and the deal is likely awaiting being signed off on now that they have located Brian, if there is a deal). He also proceeds to normalize it - that conversations about criminal exposure are oh so normal. Then he proceeds to bash the legal analysts in MSM - again. ( The "There's not a smarter guy in the room than me, Steven Bertolino" mentality again. MOO)
He also reveals at the end that he's been in contact with GPs' family attorney - this kicks the likelihood of a deal up a notch IMO. And, also diminishes the probability of any civil suit. The family will get some answers it seems to me. MOO

As far as the balance of the video he lied again right out of the gate. MOO He said he watched Cassie and Brian grow up when he admitted to Mani Hughes after being pressed that this was actually NOT true. It astonishing. He's truly a piece of work. MOO

Was the prompt to go look for Brian the fact that the park was open? That never seemed plausible. Or, was it because they had an immunity deal? MOO

"John Q Public" as he refers to us, believe your credibility is shot. That's why. MOO

If his clients got a deal then as far as he is concerned the matter of his or their involvement has been put to bed. So, no wonder he's talking so much. This is another thing I couldn't understand - why this guy could not stop talking. Looks like we may now know why.

Oh, and this is all JMO.
Sorry about the puke, lol, that’s a hazard we risk when we see SB. Thank you for your incredibly astute comments. There’s so much you caught in that interview that completely washed over me.

Absolutely makes sense he flew down that one time to meet with FBI, in Orlando.

I also didn’t register the significance of some of his comments about communication w Gabby’s family’s lawyer. I didn’t realize they could negotiate something like “we’ll tell you everything to ensure there’s not a civil suit.”

I wonder if he’s not expressly lying that a deal was “made” …if it is still in the works!

Thanks again for your comments, they’re really illuminating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak