Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #78

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the work, Admins!
The bottle seems to be the same type as seen in the van, indeed. Could very well be overlooked at the initial LE Search. I do however have quite some reservations concerning the 'hikers' discovering the bottle plus the other items they claimed to have found. I am hightly doubting the motive of the A. Grifter party, the 'hikers' finding the items. IMO and FWIW
BBM
I agree. One thing, though, Michael Ruiz works for MSM so we might soon see an article using his photos or at least get some more information. Fox posts quickly when there's breaking news in this case. IMO of course.

Why wouldn't LE take the water bottle? I wonder if this is correct...

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
Police collected some bone fragments at the scene but left the bottle behind.
1:10 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Do you recall when I posted that I was shocked that they were reopening the reserve to the public, so fast ? ( Just after posters at WS said it was reopening?)
When all we knew was - some skeletal remains, a backpack & a drybag had been collected?
( It wasn't the same post where I was criticising the LE search protocols with CL & RL)

well the obvious consequences just happened......

Am really pretty disgusted now.
Not just on the search sloppiness & early reopening but also the obvious issues which shouldn't need spelling out
Altho I did assume it would be Jonathan Riches or Molly who would end up with a body part as a souvenir rather than hikers - just due to the grotesque nature of some of this case.

ETA: Another poster is now saying that the hikers aren't necessarily hikers. Okaaay

Last edited:
Sorry about the puke, lol, that’s a hazard we risk when we see SB. Thank you for your incredibly astute comments. There’s so much you caught in that interview that completely washed over me.

Absolutely makes sense he flew down that one time to meet with FBI, in Orlando.

I also didn’t register the significance of some of his comments about communication w Gabby’s family’s lawyer. I didn’t realize they could negotiate something like “we’ll tell you everything to ensure there’s not a civil suit.”

I wonder if he’s not expressly lying that a deal was “made” …if it is still in the works!

Thanks again for your comments, they’re really illuminating.

Ugh, there's a timeline coming together in my head since last night that is literally making my stomach churn.

So many things that were completely nonsensical to me are now making sense. And, it's sad. MOO

The L's would likely have known "something" bad happened when BL returned home, but BL could have framed it as a bad break-up. We still don't know what BL told his parents and when. IF Brian told them it was a break-up and that Gabby returned to NY, the parents may have just accepted that. Until the text came on Sep 10th from Gabby's mother about being out of contact with the kids for some time. It may only have been at that point that BL's parents knew something was horribly wrong. They may have immediately turned to BL and said, "What's the deal here? You told us Gabby was in NY? She isn't." And that's when it hits the fan. They are trying to get answers from BL, JP tells them he is calling the police. The parents may not have known what to do, at that point. So they do the smart thing - which is call their lawyer for advice.

All MOO, of course.
SBM Yes. They would at that point have had no reason to make the leap to she’s dead, and he’s responsible.
Since the van came back with Brian, did he say Gabby gave him the title?
The Laundrie's seem comfortable being litigious, I would expect them to confirm that Brian had the title to the van. Otherwise it would be considered stolen and it's on the Laundrie's property.

She says they found a noose in the video...

That is most definitely the exact same water bottle that was in the van. It has very distinct markings. And I heard her say they found a noose on the video as well. Amazing.

Someone explain to me how LE opened the park back up when there were clearly more things to be found?

All MOO, of course.

Link added from Fox News with video and photos.
"Brian Laundrie case: Autopsy reveals no cause, manner of death: LIVE UPDATES" Brian Laundrie case: Autopsy reveals no cause, manner of death: LIVE UPDATES

Video at the link. This is his water bottle, IMO

Michael Ruiz
@mikerreports

Hikers this morning found a Nalgene water bottle from a Seattle REI Co-op near bone fragments in a #Myakkahatchee Park clearing. It's also by where Chris and Roberta Laundrie found #BrianLaundrie's white dry bag earlier this week. Their son's remains were found nearby Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1452313600731799557
NPPD so quick to dismiss all of this...Hmm. What are the chances of someone with that same bottle leaving it in that area...

Hey guys, I was just thinking as a gun is a theory, if they found any clothing wouldn’t it have blood on the clothing, same could be said about an animal attack. GSR too, does this wash away? Not a CSI so not sure about the GSR. Just thinking out loud. MOO

That is most definitely the exact same water bottle that was in the van. It has very distinct markings. And I heard her say they found a noose on the video as well. Amazing.

Someone explain to me how LE opened the park back up when there were clearly more things to be found?

All MOO, of course.
I wonder where these things were found in proximity to BL's remains. A water bottle and noose might be moved easily by water. ???

Thanks for all the work, Admins!
The bottle seems to be the same type as seen in the van, indeed. Could very well be overlooked at the initial LE Search. I do however have quite some reservations concerning the 'hikers' discovering the bottle plus the other items they claimed to have found. I am hightly doubting the motive of the A. Grifter party, the 'hikers' finding the items. IMO and FWIW
I considered the same but it would take a few days to acquire that bottle if one ordered (if even available?) it unless someone had one lying around randomly and that person decided to hoax?What would be the chances?

NPPD so quick to dismiss all of this...Hmm. What are the chances of someone with that same bottle leaving it in that area...

Very minimal, unless it was someone (other than these hikers) who deliberately planted an identical one over the weekend after the reserve reopened. Even if LE recovered BL's bottle in his backpack, how do they know that the couple didn't own two of them and he had both of them out there?

Do you recall when I posted that I was shocked that they were reopening the reserve to the public, so fast ? ( Just after posters at WS said it was reopening?)
When all we knew was a skeleton, a backpack & a drybag had been collected?
( It wasn't the same post where I was criticising the LE search protocols with CL & RL)

well the obvious consequences just happened......

Am really pretty disgusted now.
Not just on the search sloppiness & early reopening but also the obvious issues which shouldn't need spelling out
Altho I did assume it would be Jonathan Riches or Molly who would end up with a body part as a souvenir rather than hikers - just due to the grotesque nature of some of this case.

ETA: Another poster is now saying that the hikers aren't necessarily hikers. Okaaay
No, I don't remember you saying that but I miss a lot. It's hard to comment on your post and stay within TOS but if you use Twitter, follow the links back to the original source of the photos and that should shed some light if you are familiar with JLR and his co-horts. MOO

The expert with Tricia the other day explained it very well. Unfortunately I can’t remember enough of it to put it into a reasonable understandable sentence. That guy was awesome. He went into lengthy detail. I’ll try. Something like the top of the skull is so very strong, it’s able to withstand great force so…with dental records being used to identify partial remains, it told him the lower jaw or mandible, was prob the partial they found - meaning the top of the skull had to be missing or in pieces only possible via a firearm. Or …an alligator chomped that part of his head off. This was just my take on his explanation as he, a professional, didn’t commit. I believe he thinks a firearm was used and so do I.

Just a small addition to your excellent post. The expert was Joseph Scott Morgan, both a crime scene investigator, analyst and professor. He was speculating, based on his experience, that some huge force - a head blow, or a gun shot, e.g., - may have caused enough damage to break the integrity of the skull along the cranial seams.

One other point which deserves mentioning. Although he was not at the scene, he was told that LE found BL’s clothing laid out beside his skeletal remains. He theorized that it could have been a second set of clothing. And he explained further that usually one will find parts of the skeleton intermingled with clothing. It leads one to wonder if he was unclothed when he took his life? Or he was attacked by a predator when he was changing clothes? Simply some unexplained questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd