Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Late to the party, but the supposed water bottle doesn't look like something that been floating out in the swamp for a month getting slimy and weathered. All of the markings are still perfectly clear .

Can anyone help me understand what forensic value the water bottle might have? In what way does it help the Coroner figure out what happened to BL?
It could confirm that the person who killed Gabby took her water bottle to Florida if there’s a way to confirm that it is hers. BL hasn’t given answers so IMO, LE would want all evidence that is available in the case. JMO.

clipped by me to include parts of post I am asking about (bolded in green by me)-- I don't know how to do the toggle for multiple quote things...

Helpful post! A couple of questions: what do you think the charges in an indictment against the parents would have been and for which they might have been given immunity?

Regarding the report by neighbors that the camper was packed on the day GP was reported missing and back on Sept 13 (bolded by me in green above), was there ever any other reporting on this?

My guess - Speculation and opinion and not fact: Obstruction of Justice - minimum. Possible tampering with evidence if they too ditched their phones and got new ones and/or LE found evidence the van was scrubbed. Could have been a lot of thigs. And it could have also been that they were 90% there with proof but not 99.9% and SB knowing this - because the phones were gone - pounced once BL was indicted and it was "he" who floated the proffer.

He keeps saying maybe one day he will tell us when things are "wrapped up." So, maybe one day we will know for sure. Right now, it's just speculation. MOO

Edit: Re: your question in green that is not me. That was the Daily Mail. The timeline was literally lifted from their article with my comments in brackets. The rest can be seen in full, together with timeline of dates I omitted through the posted link.

I stand by my earlier posts regarding the trip back to Florida to "clean out a storage locker." Something about that time period makes all the difference in this case. Now with the parents immunity possibilities being discussed- I thought of something.
What if BL traveled back to Florida because he wanted to meet with an attorney (or his parents wanted him to meet with an attorney) regarding the Moab stop. Perhaps BL was fearful that if anything came of that stop legally, GP could use it as an example and go after him for multiple occurrences of violence at his hand. Perhaps he wanted to ask a lawyer what could happen. Perhaps the lawyer told him she could bring suit for whatever BL told him had happened in the past. There could have been other instances that GP caught on video or recorded herself. After the Moab stop she could have told BL she was finished with him and just wait until everyone sees what I have recorded/on video, etc. The attorney could have told BL depending on what she had as evidence, BL could be screwed. Which would have enraged BL and he would have stewed about it as he was travelling back to GP from the locker clean out. The day BL first spoke to an attorney could be prior to GP's death regarding the possible violence in their relationship. IMO.
Very possible, I use to take photos of my injuries, something told me I might need them some day, I never told him though but GP possibly could have. MOO

Can anyone help me understand what forensic value the water bottle might have? In what way does it help the Coroner figure out what happened to BL?
Probably the implication that other evidence may have been missed?
I did check and that water bottle can be bought through REI for $15. It's equally possibly whoever filmed themselves finding it, actually planted it and them filmed the "find it" scene.
REI Co-op Nalgene Sustain Seek Nature Graphic Wide-Mouth Water Bottle - 32 fl. oz. | REI Co-op

All in my own opinion.

I have no issue with the Laundries getting immunity if they provided the FBI with information needed in this case. I understand two parents trying help their child. I'm focusing on practical/legal issues verses ethical ones. In the end, IF they cooperated fully with the FBI, then immunity would make sense to me.

This might not make people happy nor satisfy them. I certainly understand that, too.

Again, all IMOO.

Why would Brian go to FLORIDA to meet with an attorney about...what exactly? The incident in Utah?

At any rate, he ends up represented by a NY attorney - and I find it outside the realm of any reasonable probability that a man would plan to kill his fiancėe and fly to FL to consult with an attorney about it. Makes no sense.

I'm a big fan of Ockham.

maybe it could have a substance trace inside that could be some form of posion like
antifreeze guessing one could possible drink get sick and maybe die or maybe the state of mind he was in from some drug or alcohol MOO

Personally I don't think it has any value individually, but it is problematic if it means they did not thoroughly search and collect all evidence at the scene. Anything that belongs to the victim would be offered back to the victim's family. LE would want to collect anything and everything at the scene just in case it had value later.

For example, what if there was poison in the bottle? It could have provided more information about cause of death if it was undetermined. Personally I think that's a stretch I just don't think members of the public should find anything from a crime scene. The area should be left as it was before the crime occurred.

EDIT:
I forgot one of the most important parts: It would also explain how they knew exactly where to go and it would support the fact that indeed, none of us was crazy for questioning this. MOO
(Edit option was gone)

Thank you for all this work you have put together, you have done us a great service. But I am confuzzled a bit. Couple of questions. First, what do you think the charges the L’s were potentially facing? From what I have read here (it may be wrong) aiding and abetting type charges would depend on BL being successfully prosecuted. Obstruction charges maybe? I just don’t see the FBI going after parents all that frequently unless they were directly involved in the crime. Also, you have made mention several times that this agreement now means that no one would be held accountable. With BL being dead, was there really any likelihood that the parents would have faced any legal jeopardy since with his death that means there will be no prosecution for her murder at all?
Now, for one last thing.. if part of this agreement was to provide the Petitos all the info that they possessed, wouldn’t it be in the L’s best interest that we all know about this arrangement? I mean it makes me feel a little better that they cooperated, I would imagine it would make others be a little less angry with them.

It could confirm that the person who killed Gabby took her water bottle to Florida if there’s a way to confirm that it is hers. BL hasn’t given answers so IMO, LE would want all evidence that is available in the case. JMO.

We already know that BL took Gabby's van (and therefore, likely some things that were in the van) to FL. Why do we need to obsess or spend public funds meant for law enforcement on this particular water bottle? It adds nothing to the eventual report the coroner will file.

Family admits the van was in the driveway. TV stations broadcast that it's in the driveway. So Gabby's water bottle was in the van. What does this show? There are probably other belongings of Gabby's in the van. This is all perfectly explainable: BL drove off in the van that had been the living space for two peple.

We all know that. Moab police know it. Arches NP rangers know it. Why obsess about the water bottle in particular? Does it have a symbolic meaning tht I'm not getting?

EDIT: I forgot one of the most important parts: It would also explain how they knew exactly where to go and it would support the fact that indeed, none of us was crazy for questioning this. MOO
(Edit option was gone)
It might also explain why the Laundries' attorney would skip over mentioning or calling attention to his face to face meeting with the pair in Orlando (in AB's interview).

Just speculation, but IF it had Brian's DNA on it and IF it contained liquid that included drugs/chemicals that could be used in a suicide, then it might help in the determination of Brian's COD. All IMO, speculation.

Why would Brian go to FLORIDA to meet with an attorney about...what exactly? The incident in Utah?

At any rate, he ends up represented by a NY attorney - and I find it outside the realm of any reasonable probability that a man would plan to kill his fiancėe and fly to FL to consult with an attorney about it. Makes no sense.

I'm a big fan of Ockham.

Exactly. Plus at that time, if there was anyone found to be at fault by Moab LE, it wasn't BL.
JMO

They did know.about the.Fort.Desoto trip! They just did not publicly announce it! They knew. A lot of things!

Exactly. Well, as exact as MOO can be.

I think the likelihood there was a proffer session - in Orlando or elsewhere, the Laundries told LE about this as part of the proffer. AND....

It has made me wonder if Dog has a mole inside. If this is how he learned of it and this is why the FBI did not react or respond as he was trudging through waters.

All of this is MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member