Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laundrie's parents to cremate body without funeral - follow live

LIVE Updates

Did parents lead FBI to Laundrie?

Laundrie attorney Steven Bertolino denies deal with FBI and insists parents not facing charges

Items found today not related to Laundrie investigation, say police

Phone records and hard drive could aid investigation

Video collected by FBI could lead to clues

Petito’s parents share artwork inspired by daughter

Can investigators determine if Laundrie killed Petito?

just re-watching this link again, posted by bluwater

Is JT letting slip their estimated ToD? ' by Tuesday?'

At 6.15 here
I haven’t watched this before, thanks for posting. Did a bird poop on him?! I think it’s very interesting that he says there’s a lot of information from the digital footprint that will solve Gabby’s case, that they haven’t released yet.

Did I miss someone say they think Brian's death was a homicide? Who would think this? Edit: Are you thinking calling it a crime scene equates to me thinking his death was a homicide? If so, no. My point was there was a crime - he was an active fugitive. The parents should not have been touching evidence or removing it from its location b4 photographed.

I think there's a good chance the water bottle was planted by someone. If it wasn't, the fact that they didn't collect it is a very bad look. IMO.

MOO

[bolded by me]

When CL found the dry bag, BL was a missing person, not a deceased person, so the scene wouldn't be a crime scene yet, right?

IIRC, LE found remains and BL's backpack after CL found the dry bag and they took a photograph of it that they showed to the parents to ask if it was his. I think at that point it became an investigation of because that's when LE asked CL & RL to go home and wait for information and they put up the crime scene tape.

It doesn't appear that the cops or the parents did anything wrong.

Nancy Grace on Twitter
Tonight we answer YOUR questions about the Gabby Petito investigation. What happens now that Brian has been found dead? Join us at 10pm ET LIVE on
@foxnews. #gabbypetito #brianlaundrie #justiceforgabby

7:21 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

I'd like to ask Nancy, if there is any way of knowing why Brian came home to Florida to die. He was a Long Island bloke, his parents , also.. they were blow ins to Florida , really.. If he wanted to be helpful, he could have driven the van to Long Island, and got the Silver Service back to Miami........but he didn't. Maybe he had formed a deep attachment to Florida, then why go camping elsewhere..??

Also. .. I don't think he killed himself, I dont think anyone else killed him, I think he was just clumsy.. It's one thing to go off into the wild with other people, who tend to look after you, and open up your granola packets, but it's a whole other thing to have to chase down a frog and gig it and cook it.

I think he just didn't know where he was walking, couldn't read the terrain, didn't understand the first principles of living off grid, much less being a fugitive from justice off grid.. stepped into what looked like shallow water and down he goes. Backpack bangs him on the head. Happens a lot.

I haven’t watched this before, thanks for posting. Did a bird poop on him?! I think it’s very interesting that he says there’s a lot of information from the digital footprint that will solve Gabby’s case, that they haven’t released yet.
and that LE assume he was dead by 14th?

how did i miss that?

I'd like to ask Nancy, if there is any way of knowing why Brian came home to Florida to die. He was a Long Island bloke, his parents , also.. they were blow ins to Florida , really.. If he wanted to be helpful, he could have driven the van to Long Island, and got the Silver Service back to Miami........but he didn't. Maybe he had formed a deep attachment to Florida, then why go camping elsewhere..??

Also. .. I don't think he killed himself, I dont think anyone else killed him, I think he was just clumsy.. It's one thing to go off into the wild with other people, who tend to look after you, and open up your granola packets, but it's a whole other thing to have to chase down a frog and gig it and cook it.

I think he just didn't know where he was walking, couldn't read the terrain, didn't understand the first principles of living off grid, much less being a fugitive from justice off grid.. stepped into what looked like shallow water and down he goes. Backpack bangs him on the head. Happens a lot.

MOO. I think CaL's partial comment probably has some relevance here: "That's what Brian does when..."

Maybe a boar chased him into the water...

[bolded by me]

When CL found the dry bag, BL was a missing person, not a deceased person, so the scene wouldn't be a crime scene yet, right?

IIRC, LE found remains and BL's backpack after CL found the dry bag and they took a photograph of it that they showed to the parents to ask if it was his. I think at that point it became an investigation of because that's when LE asked CL & RL to go home and wait for information and they put up the crime scene tape.

It doesn't appear that the cops or the parents did anything wrong.
BL had a warrant out for his arrest, I would think that anything found that related to him would be viewed as potential evidence. I still find it strange they let them actively search, just for the mere fact of the possibility of them finding his remains, not something a parent should have to do. MOO

and that LE assume he was dead by 14th?

how did i miss that?
Another thing I caught—he’s asked about what they would have done differently, & he says he thinks the case would have ended the same way, that Brian probably would have still “gone out there on a Monday & done whatever he was going to do.” That sounds like alluding to suicide (ie “do to himself”). He doesn’t say BL was going to run away to a dangerous place & accidentally drown or get attacked by a warthog or whatever. I think most of us think it’s suicide anyway but I feel this was likely a suggestion of that. JMO

Another thing I caught—he’s asked about what they would have done differently, & he says he thinks the case would have ended the same way, that Brian probably would have still “gone out there on a Monday & done whatever he was going to do.” That sounds like alluding to suicide (ie “do to himself”). He doesn’t say BL was going to run away to a dangerous place & accidentally drown or get attacked by a warthog or whatever. I think most of us think it’s suicide anyway but I feel this was likely a suggestion of that. JMO
It's a bit concerning, from the legal advice angle, that reporting to the police and giving himself up, making restitution, demonstrating remorse, and accepting the communities judgement never seems to have raised it's awkward head....

There are probably hundreds of very strict rules for handling evidence.

Evidence "found" by parents of a murder suspect was taken by authorities without gloves and handled like it was their own purse. And evidence in a murder investigation was left behind.

I'm guessing that those actions probably don't align with those rules.

SBM
Edited to fix quote
I am sure that all of us Websleuthers know the rules of evidence handling and find this series of events appalling. But going a step further, there have been decades of police shows, investigative series and the combination of the two that have taught us a lot. IMHO, most of John Q Public knows not to touch crime scene evidence. The actions of CL and RL at the reserve appeared to be completely nonchalant IMO.

He seemed pretty confident in that.. I hope they found a gun. jmo

It's a bit concerning, from the legal advice angle, that reporting to the police and giving himself up, making restitution, demonstrating remorse, and accepting the communities judgement never seems to have raised it's awkward head....
Absolutely, & as another poster said in an earlier thread, there’s a good possibility BL was dead without ever coming to know Gabby was found, that he was charged w a felony, that the world was looking for him, etc. It’s all so unjust that he did not have to face any consequences whatsoever. IMO

Last edited:
BL had a warrant out for his arrest, I would think that anything found that related to him would be viewed as potential evidence. I still find it strange they let them actively search, just for the mere fact of the possibility of them finding his remains, not something a parent should have to do. MOO
I'm not sure LE could legally stop them from searching, even if they wanted to. It was a public park open to the public. LE could have advised them not to do it, but there really was no legal way to stop them once the park reopened. If that were my child possibly or probably out there in that swamp, possibly injured or dead, I'd have been out there searching for her, too, first chance I got. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288