Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
as linked above, it’s per the Petito attorney, who has pegged it as ‘Gabby’s bottle’.

also, imo clearly we can assume either Joe or Nicole told him it’s Gabby’s.

FWIW, sometimes people put their names or initials on water bottles- even metal ones- with paint or a sharpie marker and the marking might persist- not sure about in FL swamp water

[I see from the pictures (Water bottle 'matching Gabby's found near where Brian's remains were discovered') that this water bottle appeared to have an unusual design.] has anyone said how many were sold?

Last edited:
Would the bones also have dna that could be matched to his? I personally would love a second confirmation that it’s really him. I’m starting to not believe what anyone says anymore MOO
His backpack? His notebook? His skull? Located at the last place he was known to be? The coroner confirmed it was him. It's him. imo

Absolutely, & as another poster said in an earlier thread, there’s a good possibility BL was dead before coming to know Gabby was found, that he was charged w a felony, that the world was looking for him, etc. It’s all so unjust that he did not have to face any consequences whatsoever. IMO

Other than being dead? :eek:

just re-watching this link again, posted by bluwater

Is JT letting slip their estimated ToD? ' by Tuesday?'

At 6.15 here
JT looks really rough here.
Had he been crying?
It makes me feel badly for him.
People are blaming NPPD for letting Brian get away and his subsequent death.
That's on Brian and Brian alone.

My frustration with NPPD is not Brian's death.
Brian is responsible for his death and Gabby's, imo.

IMO, if anyone had of found BL, they would have turned him in for the reward $$.

amateur opinion and speculation

My post was referencing someone, be it vigilante or someone known to BL, who could have killed BL and dumped his remains or killed him in a spot where it would make sense for him to be found.
It would be assumed that he died by his own hand or by animal predation, etc. No matter what the COD is determined to be, someone could have held him at gun point (in the spot he was found or away from the scene) and made him do something that would later be determined to be suicide (such as shoot himself, cut his wrists, hang himself, etc).
I have no doubt if that happened, the person responsible for BL's death would get away with it. For some, vengeance is worth more than reward money. IMO.

Absolutely, & as another poster said in an earlier thread, there’s a good possibility BL was dead without ever coming to know Gabby was found, that he was charged w a felony, that the world was looking for him, etc. It’s all so unjust that he did not have to face any consequences whatsoever. IMO
I think death is a pretty major consequence.

What IF the NPPD's hands were tied because it was the FBI's case?

The FBI does not “take over” cases from local agencies. The FBI has no authority over local and state agencies and state and local LE are not subordinate to the FBI. They are there to help with investigations alongside local and state LE.

Is it possible that he smothered himself with a plastic bag over his head?
He can barely tolerate a plastic bottle, so I doubt that. Seeing that empty gun case that they showed during the search at his house, the not in tact skull, I would say suicide by gun, as an observer of the case.

On UK cases I am so used to seeing LE here collecting bags of trash from dumpsters, driving it away to sift later. Also troops of officers on gridded searches combing areas, even though CCTV coverage is huge here & resources are tight ( resource cuts)
We bungle plenty of crim cases over here, btw, I'm not making some patriotic point at all.

The morning that the Ls found the drybag etc, many posters said: ok, now they will surely be starting a meticulous search & won't miss evidence the second ( or third) time around at that location.

Next we all watched all the resources drive in, tents go up ( from the helicopter coverage, from a distance) but I don't recall seeing lines of LE row-walking through sectioned off fields.
I assumed that LE would pick any & all items up & eliminate them later.
Has LE said why they did not do this? I thought the park would be closed and a search would begin. After they spent all that time, money and resources, once they identified a narrower location, did they even search for the rest of the skeleton? I haven’t seen JT address this. Has anyone else?

Has LE said why they did not do this? I thought the park would be closed and a search would begin. After they spent all that time, money and resources, once they identified a narrower location, did they even search for the rest of the skeleton? I haven’t seen JT address this. Has anyone else?
how do we know that they didnt find all the remains the other day?

[bolded by me]

When CL found the dry bag, BL was a missing person, not a deceased person, so the scene wouldn't be a crime scene yet, right?

IIRC, LE found remains and BL's backpack after CL found the dry bag and they took a photograph of it that they showed to the parents to ask if it was his. I think at that point it became an investigation of because that's when LE asked CL & RL to go home and wait for information and they put up the crime scene tape.

It doesn't appear that the cops or the parents did anything wrong.

Yup! Good post.

WAS NOT EVEN A CRIME SCENE YET !!!

I will concede to that. It is my own sentimentality coming through.

I guess because I presume he went there to commit suicide, bringing his notebook with him, it makes me curious. If he had brought along some of GP's possessions, too, it all looks like a person in a mindset of reflection. But it really is likely me projecting.

or maybe if you were really focused on dying quickly, your last priority would be taking water, IMO

I think death is a pretty major consequence.
I don’t want to get too philosophical here, but I think it’s inherent in the definition of a consequence (especially in a legal context) that we don’t get to choose what we’d like it to be.

Death is an outcome that never had to happen. IMO, it was a choice, not a consequence, & there’s a big difference. Jmo.

It's a bit concerning, from the legal advice angle, that reporting to the police and giving himself up, making restitution, demonstrating remorse, and accepting the communities judgement never seems to have raised it's awkward head....
I can longer remember which interview it was in, but SB stated that the L family contacted him on the 11th (maybe around 11:30pm?) because LE had been contacting them. Does anyone have that link?

Curious. Do attorneys normally take business calls at 11:30 PM on a Saturday night as in 9/11? My husband and I have a friend who happens to be an attorney. We have his cell and home numbers but we would never call him for business unless it was an emergency. MOO

No one has come back to tell us how hard or how easy it was.. that's the problem here.. it's all situational. Nothing is definitive.

I think you can tell how hard it is by the number of people who have considered it and don't, or by the number of people, like myself, who can't even contemplate it. Put a gun in my hand and tell me to kill myself...nope...IMPOSSIBLE.

Curious. Do attorneys normally take business calls at 11:30 PM on a Saturday night as in 9/11? My husband and I have a friend who happens to be an attorney. We have his cell and home numbers but we would never call him for business unless it was an emergency. MOO

Yes. Depending on the circumstances. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member