Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want to get too philosophical here, but I think it’s inherent in the definition of a consequence that we don’t get to choose what we’d like it to be.

Death is an outcome that never had to happen. IMO, it was a choice, not a consequence, & there’s a big difference. Jmo.
Consequence is defined as a result or effect of an action or condition.

No one has come back to tell us how hard or how easy it was.. that's the problem here.. it's all situational. Nothing is definitive. Those that were successful, that is.. It may appear that Brian was one of those.. I am still going with C.L.U.M.S.Y. on the grounds that killing a woman is easy, it's done every day, some men kill multiple women, .....but Brian, a narcissist if ever I saw one, ,.. suicide would be unthinkable. His precious self!..... I just don't think so.
I think he did, but I get your point. jmo

I can longer remember which interview it was in, but SB stated that the L family contacted him on the 11th (maybe around 11:30pm?) because LE had been contacting them. Does anyone have that link?

Curious. Do attorneys normally take business calls at 11:30 PM on a Saturday night as in 9/11? My husband and I have a friend who happens to be an attorney. We have his cell and home numbers but we would never call him for business unless it was an emergency. MOO

JT looks really rough here.
Had he been crying?
It makes me feel badly for him.
People are blaming NPPD for letting Brian get away and his subsequent death.
That's on Brian and Brian alone.

My frustration with NPPD is not Brian's death.
Brian is responsible for his death and Gabby's, imo.
Interesting to compare JT's demeanor now to his almost cockiness in the beginning.

or maybe if you were really focused on dying quickly, your last priority would be taking water, IMO
or then again, why would you pick a most uncomfortable spot in a swamp, that's flooded... why not check into the Quest, Mantra, Hilton.... or the shed at home?? ..

If your life is miserable enough, why would he add to that misery? deliberately??.. it doesn't scan.

I don’t want to get too philosophical here, but I think it’s inherent in the definition of a consequence (especially in a legal context) that we don’t get to choose what we’d like it to be.

Death is an outcome that never had to happen. IMO, it was a choice, not a consequence, & there’s a big difference. Jmo.

^ ^ ^. BL made a very bad choice.

or then again, why would you pick a most uncomfortable spot in a swamp, that's flooded... why not check into the Quest, Mantra, Hilton.... or the shed at home?? ..

If your life is miserable enough, why would he add to that misery? deliberately??.. it doesn't scan.
I think people's definition of a "comfortable spot" varies. My idea of hell is a motel. And I definitely wouldn't want to kill myself in a dark dirty shed. A swamp is beautiful. Nature is beautiful. For someone who loved the outdoors as Brian did, it would be the most natural and comforting place to go.

Curious. Do attorneys normally take business calls at 11:30 PM on a Saturday night as in 9/11? My husband and I have a friend who happens to be an attorney. We have his cell and home numbers but we would never call him for business unless it was an emergency. MOO

If your son murdering his girlfriend and the cops beating on your door to question him doesn't constitute an emergency in someone's household, then they must live a fascinating life.

You don't know his mind. I suspect he chose suicide even before he murdered Gabby. Murdering Gabby was a terrible choice, in my view, but choosing not to spend years and years in a cage was absolutely the right decision.
Not sure when he made up his mind, but not spending years in a cage, especially on the taxpayer's dime, was definitely the right decision.

MOO The reserve is the closest approximation of the wilderness where he had killed and left GP. He returned there in his mind to spend his last moments with her before he went to be with her. In his mind. Its a weird image but I feel he loved her, and he killed her and that killed him. IMO

https://twitter.com/mikerreports/status/1452455210387968001
Michael Ruiz
@mikerreports

FBI response: “Thank you for reaching out. There is no additional comment at this time. Please monitor Twitter (@FBIDenver) for updates.”
10:01 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Michael Ruiz
@mikerreports

7h
The FBI typically does not comment on ongoing investigations, but I've reached out.

Michael Ruiz
@mikerreports

7h
Also I want to point out that this bottle turned up very close to where #BrianLaundrie's parents found his dry bag Wednesday morning. Just a few yards away. It was empty and appeared a little bit weathered.

Absolutely, & as another poster said in an earlier thread, there’s a good possibility BL was dead without ever coming to know Gabby was found, that he was charged w a felony, that the world was looking for him, etc. It’s all so unjust that he did not have to face any consequences whatsoever. IMO
Deadness is a pretty severe consequence. imo

Believe it was described as skeletal remains (bones) including partial skull.

Forensic anthropologist now trying to determine cause of Laundrie's death, lawyer says

Depends on the media source as to how they refer to the remains. Either "partial" "skeletal" or just "remains." Station WESH2 out of Orlando referred to them as:

"The partial remains were found Wednesday in the Carlton Reserve area. According to the FBI, they were found near personal items – including a backpack and a notebook – belonging to Brian Laundrie."

When did Brian Laundrie last speak to family's attorney?

When was Brian reported missing?

Steve Bertolino, the attorney representing Laundrie’s family, told 8 On Your Side’s Mahsa Saeidi that he and the family reported Brian missing the very first night that he went for a hike and didn’t come home.

“I had a conversation with the FBI that night or the morning after – probably both – and conversed with the FBI and conveyed to them that Brian did not come home,” Bertolino said.

….

Bertolino told 8 On Your Side he notified the FBI that Brian hadn’t returned on Sept. 13 or Sept. 14. In the following days, he said, he did not call the FBI to tell them that Laundrie still hadn’t returned. He also said police never called him to ask if Laundrie came home.

“So it was just no communication,” he said. “It wasn’t miscommunication, it was really no communication.”

“Apparently, the North Port PD was under the impression that Brian was home,” Bertolino said Thursday. “And I’ve spoken to representatives from North Port PD and they’ve conveyed that they legitimately thought Brian was still at home.”

Bertolino said he received a call from the FBI on Friday, Sept. 17 about a tip that Brian was in Tampa. He said he told the agent again that Brian never came home from his hike, and law enforcement responded to the family’s North Port home. A missing person report was filed that night.

“As it turns out, the FBI was also under the impression that Brian had come home and it was just the fact that there had been no communication between Monday or Friday from confirmation from either side,” Bertolino said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine