Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #79

Status
Not open for further replies.
The July interaction with LE is the sort of information that kids —of any age—are generally unlikely to voluntarily share with their parents (for a wide variety of reasons!!).

From what I’ve read, GP’s parents appear to have indicated they were unaware (fully? Or of just the most “important” details?) of this incident—which makes sense (to me). IMO, GP would only have shared info if/when she was ready to start seeking help/support (or via accidental or subconscious slip). I don’t think she was quite there yet… BL had strong motivation to reveal nothing at all about it, ever. (That said, IMO, some individuals are compelled to share unnecessary and/or false information [I’m not talking “slips”, “cries for help”, simple guilelessness, etc. Rather, this type of “sharing” is done on a manipulative level, to create/shape/control a narrative and/or—for the sheer pleasure of manipulating/duping. This sort of share would be calculated and controlled, in accordance with the sharer’s intelligence/skill. But I am NOT speculating whether any of that took place on this occasion—rather that nothing, or almost nothing, of substance—true or otherwise—was likely revealed to family members about this incident]).

This is my long-winded attempt to say: I find it doubtful parental units were (factually, substantially—or, most likely [IMO], AT ALL) aware of the MOAB stop. In which case, any speculation regarding subsequent parental action/involvement would be moot…

PS While GP has been reported to have told her mom they were having some issues as a couple, IMO GP would have kept disclosure to a “safe/manageable” minimum. In other words, she might have opened up ever so slightly to her mom —in need of love/support, but guarded (if one has a decent relationship with a loving parent, THIS would be a time to be craving hugs and nurturing! But how much can you say when you don’t want to freak loved ones out OR irrevocably vilify your SO?).

As usual, the above is totally MOO…

(On a different note—but still MOO: that water bottle vid looks fake as $&%#. If so, I hope LE teaches a lesson. Unfortunately, false/misleading info takes on a life of its own — a life of a prolific virus, amplified by the speed and spread of tech and platforms—and the reluctance/inability of an audience to think/vet, combined with an eagerness to judge, share, be seen/heard………)
Just a note...Gabby was talking with one of her parents in the LE cruiser during the mob stop.

Thinking about the partial skull that was found and (so far) no gun being found, I thought how ironic would it be if he was run over by one of the search vehicles!
I wonder that, too. A search vehicle could absolutely have shattered his skull. But we really don't know the damage to the skull yet, just that it was partial. jmo

Last edited:
Great questions! Here's a scenario I have considered:
Hypothetically, say someone's adult child is involved in a relationship that one or both parents, as well as people in the adult child's close friends/family circle, do not approve of. Could be for a variety of reasons.
Let's say, while traveling out of state, the adult child (I will refer to as AC) has an encounter with LE and someone within their circle believes that if it weren't for the romantic partner, AC would never have been put in such a precarious situation. Perhaps, it could have even infuriated someone in AC's inner circle. Eventually, AC is convinced to separate from their partner and return home alone for a bit (for whatever reason).
During conversations while AC was home, someone within AC's circle, could have become livid at the possibility of more accusations being made about prior incidents and that AC could face some sort of charges for previous violence in the relationship that may have been documented (video, audio, photos, witnesses, etc). They are adamant AC may very well have had his life/reputation ruined by the situation and romantic partner.
Could someone other than AC (but within AC's inner circle) have decided to take matters into their own hands? Could they have traveled to where the partner was and had a confrontation that ended in a homicide?
Anything is possible, especially without knowing the whereabouts (during that time period) of those close to the situation.
Weeks later, AC is found deceased in an area previously searched extensively by LE. BUT the remains are only found by LE after someone in AC's inner circle discovered an item belonging to AC within feet of the remains. Video from the scene shows someone in AC's inner circle making a beeline to the item. Coincidence? Maybe.

Perhaps AC did commit the homicide completely alone. Could someone have gotten rid of AC so he would never talk (if others were involved) or because they blamed AC for causing such a nightmare of events (if he was solely responsible)? Without access to a lot more information, it's impossible to say what actually happened or why.

@Trooper the points you brought up are very valid. Large parts of the narrative portrayed thus far just don't make sense when the details are scrutinized.

*All of this is pure speculation and IMO and not necessarily what I believe happened. Only discussing other scenarios.*
i think you're correct in anything could have happened. Nothing has been proven yet and there are. like it or not, many other scenarios that could have happened. We just don't know enough about what happened in Utah and Wyoming.

i still want to know who the "household" member is that SB mentions here, and what he is implying that this person did...because he doesn't seem happy about it, and it seems that it pertains to the missing person report...

dang, i tried to put the time stamp, but i guess it didn't work...it begins about 25:00
He misspoke. He seems to have meant that one of the people who was in the house that day on Sept 17th when the FBI came to see if Brian was there. The only people there were FBI, NPPD people and R and CL. So, it was one of the LE peeps.

I think the OP was referring to after Brian had killed Gabby and went back to Florida the final time.

We don't know what he told his parents, but I doubt he thought they would be ok with Gabby dead as long as he was home with them.

Maybe he did go home because he needed comforting, or because he wanted to see his family one last time. Or maybe he really thought he would get away with it. It's hard to know what was going on in his mind.

I honestly can’t imagine he thought he’d get away with it. He fled the scene of the crime but seemingly made zero attempts to hide his tracks. He didn’t hide her body, used her debit card repeatedly, drove the van home and parked it in the driveway of all places… and as soon as the police came knocking he fled again and killed himself. I was tempted to say maybe he planned to kill himself from the getgo but there’s very little evidence he planned anything ahead.

With what we have been told was found (partial skull and some bones) it's quite possible animals got him and caused his death. Boars do attack humans.
I wonder who would have reason to kill BL?

I'd guess Gabby's parents are in just as much pain as when they originally found out she was found dead, especially taking into account her grandmothers post on twitter.
First the pain of losing their only daughter and now the pain of not getting real justice for her in the way of a prison cell for someone.
They want and deserve answers, but the purpose of a prison cell is to remove people who are dangerous to society. He is no longer society's problem. I hope that they get answers, anyway, and I hope we spectators do too. jmo

Do we know that for certain though?
We can imply that Gabby was talking to anyone at all. Doesn't mean she was and I have seen no proof at all of who if anyone she called.
I had that in mind as well, another poster said that she was talking to her mom. So, I don't know how that was corroborated or not.

Last edited:
In the last thread,
@imstilla.grandma posted
"A retired police officer is raising questions about how law enforcement handled the search for Brian Laundrie and the role that his parents played in locating evidence,

“If this was my case and I walked in there with the suspect’s parents, I would never let them out of my sight,” Joyce told the newspaper. “Rule number one is that you do not let that person go until you know exactly what you’re dealing with.

“Because we know that when bodies or articles of evidence are waiting there,
[........]
“The whole thing is a mess. It’s a sh**show. The fact the parents found this article is so disturbing to me.”
[............]
“If I was leading the investigation as a supervisor to the agents, detectives, I would not let them dismiss that as a coincidence, unless they went through that 1000 times over,”

“He was supposed to secure the bag but not touch it. The law enforcement who went in with him should’ve specifically told him ‘if you see anything suspicious, do not touch it,'” Joyce told The Sun. “You’re supposed to just guard it and stand there so nothing happens to it. Then call out, whistle, shout or however they were supposed to stay in contact.”

“The fact he touched it means the evidence has already been interfered with. It’s now contaminated with his DNA.

“If law enforcement did instruct him to do that, and he still disregarded that and still touched it. I mean, he’s got a lot of explaining to do. And he’s gonna have to lawyer up.”
‘The whole thing is a mess’: Police Should Have Never Let Laundrie Parents Pick Up Fugitive Son’s Belongings, Expert Says"

Snips by me

MOO
From the start of this case I've seen expert after expert explain point by point how a particular part of this case was mishandled or really flubbed up. These folks have credentials and expertise and lay out the details.

Sometimes they're flabbergasted at how some of the "oopsies" could have possibly happened.

This isn't Monday-morning quarterbacking.

This is: they should've known better, let's learn some lessons, let's hold some people accountable.

IMO

The July interaction with LE is the sort of information that kids —of any age—are generally unlikely to voluntarily share with their parents (for a wide variety of reasons!!).

From what I’ve read, GP’s parents appear to have indicated they were unaware (fully? Or of just the most “important” details?) of this incident—which makes sense (to me). IMO, GP would only have shared info if/when she was ready to start seeking help/support (or via accidental or subconscious slip). I don’t think she was quite there yet… BL had strong motivation to reveal nothing at all about it, ever. (That said, IMO, some individuals are compelled to share unnecessary and/or false information [I’m not talking “slips”, “cries for help”, simple guilelessness, etc. Rather, this type of “sharing” is done on a manipulative level, to create/shape/control a narrative and/or—for the sheer pleasure of manipulating/duping. This sort of share would be calculated and controlled, in accordance with the sharer’s intelligence/skill. But I am NOT speculating whether any of that took place on this occasion—rather that nothing, or almost nothing, of substance—true or otherwise—was likely revealed to family members about this incident]).

This is my long-winded attempt to say: I find it doubtful parental units were (factually, substantially—or, most likely [IMO], AT ALL) aware of the MOAB stop. In which case, any speculation regarding subsequent parental action/involvement would be moot…

PS While GP has been reported to have told her mom they were having some issues as a couple, IMO GP would have kept disclosure to a “safe/manageable” minimum. In other words, she might have opened up ever so slightly to her mom —in need of love/support, but guarded (if one has a decent relationship with a loving parent, THIS would be a time to be craving hugs and nurturing! But how much can you say when you don’t want to freak loved ones out OR irrevocably vilify your SO?).

As usual, the above is totally MOO…

(On a different note—but still MOO: that water bottle vid looks fake as $&%#. If so, I hope LE teaches a lesson. Unfortunately, false/misleading info takes on a life of its own — a life of a prolific virus, amplified by the speed and spread of tech and platforms—and the reluctance/inability of an audience to think/vet, combined with an eagerness to judge, share, be seen/heard………)

I agree that the P family could have been completely in the dark about the specifics of GP's and BL's relationship. I do not believe that GP called either of her parents from the Moab stop.
I have always thought that she could have called her grandfather, S. That could be why he kept calling her phone afterwards. I don't think she told her grandfather what was currently taking place at Moab but instead just had a general, brief conversation. Or she could have called his number and immediately hung up but kept the phone close to her face pretending to talk to someone in case the officers were watching her. In that case S could have called her back because he missed her hang up call.

IMO LE has told the P family about a lot of case details. Information they could have been completely unaware of previously. Maybe someday the P family will discuss the version of events told to them by LE after the case has closed. IMO.

I had that in mind as well, another poster said that she was talking to her mom. So, I don't know how that was corroborated not.
I would have to watch multiple interviews again but I am positive that NS said that she did not speak to Gabby that day, nor did the other 3 parents. I could be misremembering how she said it.

Michael Ruiz on Twitter (Video)
Hikers this morning found a Nalgene water bottle from a Seattle REI Co-op near bone fragments in a #Myakkahatchee Park clearing. It's also by where Chris and Roberta Laundrie found #BrianLaundrie's white dry bag earlier this week. Their son's remains were found nearby Wednesday.
12:38 AM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brian Entin on Twitter
I reached out to North Port PD after pictures surfaced of what appeared to be bones and other items out at the reserve today.
12:39 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Brian Entin on Twitter
Items found at the Carlton Reserve today are "nothing related to this case or any other" according to North Port Police.
12:37 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Josh Benson on Twitter
According to North Port Police PIO @JoshTaylorPIO:
"To my understanding, nothing related to this case or any other has been located." (regarding claims of more remains found at the Reserve today) #BrianLaundrie
12:44 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
Police collected some bone fragments at the scene but left the bottle behind.
1:10 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
Here it appears again - https://twitter.com/CantDebateThis/status/1452321704806596618?s=20…
1:35 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
The FBI is now reaching out to the woman who discovered the bottle.
1:47 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
#GabbyPetito family attorney Stafford on the bottle: "We have a picture that's from before she left for her trip. It looks like the bottle. I don't know why it would be left there. It boggles my mind."
2:03 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter Web App

Jossie Carbonare on Twitter
(1/3) JUST IN: Photos circling around of a water bottle allegedly belonging to #GabbyPetito found at Carlton Reserve near where #BrianLaundrie’s remains were found are “false reports”according to North Port Police PIO Josh Taylor.
2:35 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

(2/3) The water bottle seen in photos circling the internet was found at the reserve by people walking by is the same one seen in videos where the inside of the van on YouTube is shown.
2:36 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

(3/3) However, North Port Police PIO Josh Taylor tells me: “As far as I know, nothing related to this case has been found. Bunch of false reports. However, this is an FBI led investigation and they should speak to anything such as that located.”
2:37 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
Update from Taylor: “Earlier today I was told there were some reports that turned out to be nothing. If something was found after that, I don't know. Again, the question about possible materials found should be directed to the fbi as it is their case.”
3:39 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
FBI has not yet responded to my inquiries.
3:40 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Michael Ruiz on Twitter
FBI response: “Thank you for reaching out. There is no additional comment at this time. Please monitor Twitter (@FBIDenver) for updates.”
10:01 PM · Oct 24, 2021·Twitter for iPhone
So who is he to speak on it if he’s not even leading this case? This guy is almost as terrible as SB.

He misspoke. He seems to have meant that one of the people who was in the house that day on Sept 17th when the FBI came to see if Brian was there. The only people there were FBI, NPPD people and R and CL. So, it was one of the LE peeps.

i agree that's likely...but the language is odd to me..."somewhere along the line, perhaps someone from the laundrie family household, and it wasn't chris and roberta, must have got (sic) the paperwork...called it in...got some kind of case number...whatever they did, i don't know...but that's how it played out..." that's a lot of superfluous words, imo, if he's simply saying a missing person report was filed...moo

i agree that's likely...but the language is odd to me..."somewhere along the line, perhaps someone from the laundrie family household, and it wasn't chris and roberta, must have got (sic) the paperwork...called it in...got some kind of case number...whatever they did, i don't know...but that's how it played out..." that's a lot of superfluous words, imo, if he's simply saying a missing person report was filed...moo

Yes, he is wordy. But, that's the way I make sense of it because he basically says it was someone in the house that day, it wasn't R or CL or CaL and he lists everyone that was in the house for the two hours that day. Notice how he says that Cassie was not in the household at all [that day]. I'm pretty sure he just means "house." lol

[ 26:20 ] SB: Somewhere along the line, perhaps someone from the Laundrie family household, and it wasn’t Chris and Roberta, must have got the paperwork, called it in, got some kind of case number. Whatever they did, I don’t know. But, that’s how it played out.

AB: Was that Cassie? [26:43]

SB: Cassie was not in the household at all. It was Chris, Roberta…there was a representative…there was two representatives I believe from North Port PD, there was a representative from the FBI, and myself on Facetime. For two and a half hours, we gave the FBI all the information we had with respect to Brian.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members