GUILTY NH - Elijah "Eli" Lewis, 5, found deceased, Merrimack, Apr 2021, reported 15 Oct 2021 *arrests* *1 guilty*

Candlelight Vigil Scheduled In Memory Of 5-Year-Old Elijah Lewis; Autopsy Confirms ID

Confirmed.

MERRIMACK, N.H. (CBS) – A candlelight vigil is scheduled for Sunday night in honor of 5-year-old Elijah Lewis, the New Hampshire boy who was reported missing earlier this month and was located Saturday buried in an Abington park.

Autopsy results on Sunday confirmed through dental records that the remains found were Elijah. The cause and manner of death are pending toxicology testing and other investigations. They will likely not be determined for a few months.

So, if cause and manner of death are undetermined, a slap on the wrist to them both. Abuse of a corpse, conspiracy to conceal the events surrounding the death, whatever they call it -- some prison time, but nowhere near enough to deem justice will have been served.

So, if cause and manner of death are undetermined, a slap on the wrist to them both. Abuse of a corpse, conspiracy to conceal the events surrounding the death, whatever they call it -- some prison time, but nowhere near enough to deem justice will have been served.
I feel like since DCFS started the investigation there is prior documentation for both of them on possible abuse or neglect of children.

The DCYF department in RI is atrocious for the way they handle cases. I lived there for 40+ years and have personal experience with them as well as a relative who was employed with them for more than 30 years before she retired.
Just look at this case to see how bad things have been for children in their care and their families. Warwick Woman Pleads To Child Neglect In Death Of 9-Year-Old | Cranston, RI Patch
There has never been ANY accountability.
MOO

I feel like since DCFS started the investigation there is prior documentation for both of them on possible abuse or neglect of children.

I really HOPE that this is the case - I mean she has 5 others that are not in her care and I believe that her aunt (MJ?) has already gone to court for her one son. I do not get the impression that she will learn from this - MOO.

I really HOPE that this is the case - I mean she has 5 others that are not in her care and I believe that her aunt (MJ?) has already gone to court for her one son. I do not get the impression that she will learn from this - MOO.
Since she has five others that are not in her care and this poor little guy was missing for over a month before they found him dead I have a feeling that the courts will not let her off easy.

I think the person you mention who is petitioning for custody, is related to the paternal side of the family, not maternal. But I agree with you, the fact she hasn't had custody of the older kids will carry weight in the investigation. I've seen there are 6 kids and 5, wonder which is correct? We know she had two kids recently with the man she was living with and then there was Eli. So she did have custody of some of the kids.

I think the person you mention who is petitioning for custody, is related to the paternal side of the family, not maternal. But I agree with you, the fact she hasn't had custody of the older kids will carry weight in the investigation. I've seen there are 6 kids and 5, wonder which is correct?
6 kids including Elijah.

The DCYF department in RI is atrocious for the way they handle cases. I lived there for 40+ years and have personal experience with them as well as a relative who was employed with them for more than 30 years before she retired.
Just look at this case to see how bad things have been for children in their care and their families. Warwick Woman Pleads To Child Neglect In Death Of 9-Year-Old | Cranston, RI Patch
There has never been ANY accountability.
MOO
this case is NH and MA. Unknown if they are any better though.

Covid makes it easier to shrug off a kid not being in school and children's services still don't do interstate communication very well, same with school systems. If the couple had the resources to move out of state themselves as well it could have fallen through the cracks forever. Most negligent/abusive parents don't have those resources though - unless they're full on homeless which is a while different category for children's services.

I find it pretty interesting that a found cell phone is being credited with breaking the case. I suppose it was a prepaid and relatively anonymous phone that was ditched but not destroyed and it had identifying information on it that could then be used to subpoena the pings. I don't know why people Google accounts don't just get subpoena'd since they would be associated with the mac addresses that are (I would hope) tied to the imei numbers that the towers register. Maybe they aren't or there is some obstacle to that sort of investigation.

Kid looked healthy in his pictures. I wonder if they drug their kids to get them to sleep and overdosed him. They don't look like the physically abusive types to me but I've been fooled before. Mom looks pretty mentally unstable and boyfriend on that stretcher.. I don't even know what to make of that.

I'd like to know how this child slipped through the cracks. I should hope DHS will investigate this fully.

Unfortunately between the drug epidemics, the pandemic stress and disruption, the lack of enough child services workers to investigate, and the insufficient resources for placing a kid in danger, there are a heck of a lot of cracks to fall through these days.

I think the person you mention who is petitioning for custody, is related to the paternal side of the family, not maternal. But I agree with you, the fact she hasn't had custody of the older kids will carry weight in the investigation. I've seen there are 6 kids and 5, wonder which is correct? We know she had two kids recently with the man she was living with and then there was Eli. So she did have custody of some of the kids.

I believe it was 6 including Eli.

Unfortunately between the drug epidemics, the pandemic stress and disruption, the lack of enough child services workers to investigate, and the insufficient resources for placing a kid in danger, there are a heck of a lot of cracks to fall through these days.
There is more to this story which helps make sense of the circumstances. Look for an Admin post here- Log In or Sign Up to View dated October 18th which gives the backstory.

I don't believe we can discuss any of it in forum, I'm alerting on my post in case pointing to it is also against TOS.

There is more to this story which helps make sense of the circumstances. Look for an Admin post here- Log In or Sign Up to View dated October 18th which gives the backstory.

I don't believe we can discuss any of it in forum, I'm alerting on my post in case pointing to it is also against TOS.
At this point I think we can do open records on DDD and JS.

This reminds me of Stephanie Nicole Carter from Anderson, SC. DSS had reports about abuse and the biological mother’s family tried to get custody of her. Sadly Stephanie died of abuse before she could be removed from her horrific home life.
Druanne White prosecuted the cases against the father and stepmother. Stephanie’s Law was created to try to help remove children from abusive homes.

As long as it's a public discussion and an Admin is a family member, it is an approved group support page. Posts by an Admin can be quoted and discussed here.

From The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

• Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.

What am I missing, because it strikes me as unlikely that when a random phone was turned in to LE, LE took the time to get past the PIN (how and why?) AND took the time to realize the phone was related to a crime, instead of just putting it into a box with all of the other "found random unclaimed items." For some reason I can't make sense of this detail.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back